Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v10.0: Blue Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After reading fiddy's less than complimentary report on Boqvist and how bad he was defensively I thought I'd go check the season stats. Before the game against Sarnia tonight, Boqvist had 2 assists in 4 games and was a -2. After the Sarnia game he now has 3 assists and is still a -2. But ... wait a minute ... how can he still be a -2 when he almost single handedly blew the game for London tonight? I expected to see Boqvist was now a -5 or -6 ... so I was perplexed to see his plus/minus rating was unchanged. Hmmm ... am I correct in concluding Boqvist must have been on the ice for some of the goals London scored over and above the one he assisted on? Gee, fiddy didn't mention that so maybe I'm not understanding this correctly?

I mean are you shocked?

Reactions: migi

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Final score London 7 Sania 6 in OT ...Now bist ended with 1 assist ...Still no goals...He has 3cpiints ...all assists ...in 5 GP...rather disappointing..

I did not see the last 2 Sania goals so I cannot say if Boqvist was on for those goals against. .but as I posted above he was on for 3 of the prior 4 Sania goals and was the real cause for 2 of them and you could also blame his lack of strength as allowing the 3rd of these goals against

In my opinion. .not a good night for Adam Boqvist ...he had a long long way to improve to be an NHL player ..and I keep waiting for that shot of his to manifest in goals...so far ..not beating goalies with it ..And this is just juniors! WE thought his shot was a fifference-maker ..but so far zippy. ..Tonight he had a direct slot shot from about 6 feet out that somehow he shoots into a dman's skate defending his own net with back turned..Should have easilynparkedxacgoal. .but showing Saad syndrome ...already !

Meanwhile I an impressed with surf Centre Marco Rossi the Austrian OHL rookie for Ottawa ..who is piling up points and goals in his rookie campaign in the OHL ..Loving the skill and instincts and competence of Rossi. If we must draft a Stan surf again in 2020 ...then we had better get a lottery pick to get a chance at him. He is already starting gvto tear up the OHL and by next season will be lighting it up even more ..A can't miss talent ..

Meanwhile Boqvist who should be dominating given his 8th overall pick this past draft ..is hardly difference-making at all ...and frankly has been very suspect defensively ...surprising and disappointing so far even if "flashes: of excitement ..but they always seem to go poof...but no scoring result..Just nothing starry or special so far at all from him.

Boqvist was on the ice for one of those goals you didnt see and one of those three goals you claim he was directly involved in.
I think you were watching the wrong player. With the way you are writing I would say it was because you were very, very drunk

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Obviously. I would think talent is the #1 reason. It wasn't long ago when many thought Keith was too small to play in the NHL. Boqvist is smaller than Keith.

You sure about that? Boqvist is listed at 6'0 170 at 18 years old. I expect by the time he hits the Hawks lineup regularly he'll be 6'1ish and 180-185lbs. Don't think that's smaller than Keith... Keith is slightly bigger than Kane.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba

Video of Ian Mitchell's goal.

Edit: just looking at stats last year, Mitchell had 30pts in 41 games in his rookie season in the NCAA, but only two goals. So getting his first goal of his sophomore season in his first game is doing great.

Mitchell is going to be asked to do so much here for the Pioneers this season, I simply cannot wait to see what his production totals end up with as well as his all around game as he will be top pairing for the power play and penalty kill.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Boqvist was on the ice for one of those goals you didnt see and one of those three goals you claim he was directly involved in.
I think you were watching the wrong player. With the way you are writing I would say it was because you were very, very drunk
this is how he types....for 15 plus years on here I applaud his consistency to look inebriated for this long.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Mitchell is going to be asked to do so much here for the Pioneers this season, I simply cannot wait to see what his production totals end up with as well as his all around game as he will be top pairing for the power play and penalty kill.
He's got an NHL calibre shot ready to go. Hoping we'll see him with the Hawks at the end of the season.

Reactions: AmericanDream

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
And another London loss today..again no points for Boqvist in the 3-2 loss to Guelph...He simply has not made any difference..looks like just another guy ...London is not the deep talented squad of years past but still a high first rounder that every scout was high on ought to have cone to the OHL and lookedxspecial/should be a fiffenece-maker..but still waiting gbon his offense ..still no goals and just assists so far ...hard time adjusting to the smaller N.A. rink ?Possibly ...but other euro rookies have come over and are thriving..

I am just raving again about the play of the Austrian kid who just turned 17 on Sept. 23....Marco Rossi of the Ottawa 67s...never have I admired a smurf Centre more...He is fantastic...Today he got his 7th goal of the season ...also had 5 shots on goal and a+2 ..He is now 7g 4a and +9 for the season..His goal today was a highlight reel one. He almost got another going for a pick right in the crease. HE is not afraid to go after pucks anywhere including the blue paint..He is terrific on back-checking hustlexandctake-a ways to start transitions..he takes pucks from his own end goung past guys trying to check him in the neutral zone and getsvitvtobthebo-zone to dish off bonus attacks..he wins races to loose picks..wins battles..makes plays ..keeps plays alive ...uncanny tracking g the puck. ..instinct for the game both ways off the charts.. Pluso ...he wins face offs ...And to top it off. .he kill penalties too ..Already at his young age hebis terrific...he may just challenge Lafreniere for the #1 overall in the 2020 draft ...I am so impressed by him.
Yes skill..but a lot of little things done right too.

And do he has had no trouble adjusting to the smaller N.A. rinksor the level of OHL hockey...so I do not buy that excise for Boqvist ..

I just hope we did not blunder bin Boqvist ...cannot understand his lack of production so far and black of difference-maker star impact ..IF scouts saw him perform like this ,no way we would have drafted him.. I just cannot believe what I am seeing ..with his speed sjill andxalkrged hockey instinct he should be doing a lot better.. I do not know. ..maybe hebis just homesick for Sweden or something because there bus nothing outstanding about his play at all so far in London..He got off to a lot of shots on goal his first couple of Hames. .now even that has tailed off.. So I just cannot fathom it..

So I am raving about OHL rookie Marco Rossi (2020 draft eligible ) and his excellent play ..but disappointed in the play of our 9th overall 2018 draft pick. Who should be dominating juniors but is not.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Not sure if this is a concern...but I noticed that Alex Gravel has not played goal for Halifax the last 3 games ....Undrafted back-up goalie (at least to startvthevsesson) Coke McLaren has played these past 3 games including today's 5-0 shut-out win ..He won his previous game with a shut-our and won on Friday night also in a 7-2 win ...so he played all 3 gamesctjisxeeek-end ...all wins. .and only gave up 2cgoalsbin the firstbofvthese..

So I do not know if Gravel got hurt or is sick with flu or something ...but after McLaren's performance in goal these 3 games Gravel might not get his net back ...Gravel was a .918 save %: so that should not lose him the bet except that McLaren came into today with a. . . 933 for 2 games played and gets his 2ndcshut-out in a row today so that save% only gets better .. Maybe Dyan should cover his bets and sign irvdraft McLaren too ?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Not sure if this is a concern...but I noticed that Alex Gravel has not played goal for Halifax the last 3 games ....Undrafted back-up goalie (at least to startvthevsesson) Coke McLaren has played these past 3 games including today's 5-0 shut-out win ..He won his previous game with a shut-our and won on Friday night also in a 7-2 win ...so he played all 3 gamesctjisxeeek-end ...all wins. .and only gave up 2cgoalsbin the firstbofvthese..

So I do not know if Gravel got hurt or is sick with flu or something ...but after McLaren's performance in goal these 3 games Gravel might not get his net back ...Gravel was a .918 save %: so that should not lose him the bet except that McLaren came into today with a. . . 933 for 2 games played and gets his 2ndcshut-out in a row today so that save% only gets better .. Maybe Dyan should cover his bets and sign irvdraft McLaren too ?
And Gravel plays and gets a shutout vs 30 shots tonight

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Mea Culp. ..I think reality has split into 2 different universes...It appears Alexis Gravel played both Saturday and Sunday in the 2 consecutive shut-outs for Halifax. ..and Got QMJHL player of the week honors. .

I cannot explain my mistake in sayingbutcwas back-up goalie Cole McLaren who was in net for those. .You see I watched a few minutes at the end of the game on Sunday and I distinctly heard the TV play by play guy tells us that it was McLaren in net and that he also got the shut-out on Saturday...Then I went to the Internet and found a story telling that McLaren was in goal on Friday night too for the win that night 7-2 ..somehow I either missed that article saying Gravel was back in for the Saturday shut-out (because the article only covered the 2 games through Saturday ) and putting all this together Iinferred MCLAREN was in for all 3 weekend games which a patently was untrue..

What I cannot understand is how the TV play by play guy made such an error all through the game on Sunday because he clearly stated McLaren got thecshut-out...It could have been play by play not from the Halifax broadcasters but from the opponent TV crew do g the game..still how can they mis-identify the Halifax net minder playing that game?NOR can I understand how the article I found on the bet also identified McLaren with the Saturday shu-out...yet I look today and find it was Gravel in net for both shut-outs and he wins Q player of the week!
Clearly I cannot explain this Twilight Zone experience..Sort of like the Mandela Effect ....Did reality split into 2 different universes? I am baffled ...I know what I heard.. I know what I read ..and yet....it now apoears that in this universe Gravel indeed was in net for the 2 shut-outs...

I am left confused...baffled ..and apologize for my mis-information post ..But I still do not understand ...How can this be?

I can only say that I seem to be a victim 9fvthe Mandela Effect ...Somebody is messing with our minds and our reality. .
I assure you this has nothing to do with the Mary Jane ...It is C-day Minus 2 today in Canada ...On Oct 17th Cannabis becomes legal in Canada for all purposes. ...I did not get caved start ..but maybe that TV play by play guy did or that article writer..?Either that or the scientists at CERN messed up the multiverse and split universes ..Because I cannot explain this weirdness.. Perhaps aliens or the CIA are involved? MK ultra messing with our minds?

I will leave the conspiracy theories with you..but truly honestly..this is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me ..

So please forgive me...but I cannot explain how this happened.

Reactions: ray c

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Altybarmakyan traded by SKA to Sochi...I guess Stan should be investigating the guy SKA got back in the deal... maybe we should sign him?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Altybarmakyan traded by SKA to Sochi...I guess Stan should be investigating the guy SKA got back in the deal... maybe we should sign him?

Why exactly?

Good for AA. Hopefully he gets time with the Sochi team which is very weak up-front.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Have you seen a single game or you basing it off HF50?
Definitely not off of 50, definitely haven't been watching games either besides highlights. But, a guy drafted that high is either
a) on his NHL trial before being sent back
b) lighting up the CHL

Picked out the D drafted around Boqvist and others in the CHL. All have statistically been better. He'll need time to adjust to new team, new ice, new everything so I'm not sounding alarms yet. His shot rates are very good but...

1.7 Hughes: went back to Michigan just started up
1.8 Boqvist: 7GP 0G 4A -3
1.10 Bouchard: Is in the NHL: 3GP
1.12 Dobson: 7GP 3G 3A -4
1.17 Ty Smith: 6GP 1G 10 A +7
1.21 Ryan Merkely: 7GP 2G 8A
1.22K'Andre Miller: At Wisco 2Gp 1G1A
1.31 Alex Alexyev 9GP 3G 7A -6

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Definitely not off of 50, definitely haven't been watching games either besides highlights. But, a guy drafted that high is either
a) on his NHL trial before being sent back
b) lighting up the CHL

Picked out the D drafted around Boqvist and others in the CHL. All have statistically been better. He'll need time to adjust to new team, new ice, new everything so I'm not sounding alarms yet. His shot rates are very good but...

1.7 Hughes: went back to Michigan just started up
1.8 Boqvist: 7GP 0G 4A -3
1.10 Bouchard: Is in the NHL: 3GP
1.12 Dobson: 7GP 3G 3A -4
1.17 Ty Smith: 6GP 1G 10 A +7
1.21 Ryan Merkely: 7GP 2G 8A
1.22K'Andre Miller: At Wisco 2Gp 1G1A
1.31 Alex Alexyev 9GP 3G 7A -6

Just lol.

- Bouchard is playing in NHL because Oilers have bad D and no good RHD. Boqvist could be playing in NHL but we have logjam at RD, like you should know.

- Dobson is arguably the best Dman in Q but he has been in league for quite some time now vs. Boqvist. And Q is pretty high-scorint league.

- Ty Smith is playing with the best forward core in WHL.

- Merkley might have the top-2 forward core in front of him.

- Miller has better stats? What? And this Russian kid is good two-way D who is playing for bad team and lot of minutes in PP.

Have you seen London’s current team? You already admit you havent watch the games. They are going to get Formenton back, Bouchard back and they should be getting good forward via trade because this is their year.

Boqvist has his flaws because he has no time but I havent seen anybody who watches games criticizing his game. I’ve watched two games and he has been solid to very good. For 18 year old who is playing in his first year in NA.

But yeah, a bust because no 10+10 already.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Boqvist will be fine. He has 25 SOG in 7 games, and he is just getting adjusted to NA ice, and the tough system Hunter has his London teams playing.
Let's give him 20-30 games before judging him.

I am going Friday night to watch him, I will report back with my thoughts if anyone cares.

Reactions: bwana63
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad