Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v10.0: Blue Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Lmao god I love summer hot takes.

1 bad game in August = he sucks. Player plays good in a couple exhibition games = people
Plugging him into the top 6/4.

It’s still summer guy(s). Just started playing contact hockey again. I’m sure a lot of these kids are still shaking the rust.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Canada beats Finland 4-3 in the late game in OT;did not see much of the game because I was watching my Ottawa Redblacks blow a 38-15 lead with 4 minutes to go in the 4rd quarter only to blow the game by only scoring a field goal the rest of the game and give up 4 touchdowns and 4 converts to lose the game 42-41with only seconds remaining ....list to a desperate team who were 1-5 while we were 4-2 going in...disappointing....
So I only caught a few highlights and then about the last half of the 3rd period and OT...I did see Beaudoin was on for 2 goals against by Finland...1 was on a pk so sort of excuse able. .but one was a shorty that he completely do d not gap well and the Finland goal scorer when right up the open gap unchallenged to score ...Also saw him get pushed around when at the boards on a shift...Also did not see him impact the Canada scoring nor make the exceptional passes that he has a reputation for..so again did nor look to be a differenxe-maker ...on the other hand Dobson scored 2 goals for Canada so maybe we blew the d-men picks since Boqvist in the early game did virtually nothing g to impress against USA. ?

Ian Mitchell also did not look like ant kind of impact difference -maker ..Mitchell did not look bad butcjust nothing special to impact I this game ...

Hard to get excited about more "just another guy/pick the name" type. Kind of expecting better..the Finns team did not look particularly talented so our highly touted d-men prospects ought to have shone more..But they only looked at a level like countless other indistinguishable prospect s of other organizations.

Sure ...just one game in Summer for Boqvist and for Beaudin and Mitchell...but hoped 1 of the 3rd would you know,show some star power today...nope. I hope this was an anooly because none impressed me.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You make absurd claims after watching 1 game. Mitchell was a stud the game before....shocked you missed it.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It's a WJ showcase, in the summer, and they are <19 years old. Dissecting every game of theirs is silly. Let's wait till they falter in the AHL or NHL before giving them a proper analysis.

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
Hate to be that guy, especially after just one ex game, but a certain Canadian defenceman just scored 2 goals, and was praised by his coach as being a team leader, way ahead of his time, and a future star

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
Dobson had 2 goals yesterday but the poster "doesn't want to be that guy" to bad he missed Mitchell dominate the game before. He is not very good at the "don't want to be that guy" role.
i was referring to my earlier posts where i had stated that i was disappointed the hawks had passed on Dobson, in the draft

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Entwistle scored a nice goal to make it 3-1 Canada in the third last night. He forced a turnover in the offensive zone and got a good shot. Then crashed the net and scored on his own rebound in front as he was falling down.

He was playing on the top line with Hayton and Bowers and they were really active. Liked how Entwistle looked.

Reactions: migi

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Agreed...Entwhistle impressed me...hit the post first with his shot...Hayton pounces on loose puck ...directs it at net...not sure if goalie saved it and kicked out a rebound which Entwhistle got to in crease and shot it in,or if Hayton just shot it and it hit a Finnish defender then Entwhistle barged into the crease to put it in ...either way it was an initial shot by Entwhistle to start the scoring chance and a nice follow up to the bet to convert the loose change that resulted...Their line was dominant in pressuring all game in the Swedish zone..So liked Entwhistle for his size ..he just looks Big even without measuring ...and he plays Big..8n the power forward game of coming up the wing and going to the netbor banging the oops d-men into the boards and digging pucks out for scoring chances on net by his own or to set up.line mates..and so a good 2 way hame..did not see any skating issues at all. ..Looked good. ..BUT ...he was playing RW ...not the Centre position we thought was his projection spit ..So unable to tell if RW or C will be his best position...

As to Boqvist for the Swedes...he played a much better defensive game this game than the one the previous night against USA ...Was only on for 1 goal against which was at the end when Sweden pulled their goalie for an extra man..He also shot the puck more ..at leastc4-5 point shots. .but only 1 got on target to the net and saved by the Canadian goalie...The others were hard but way off target ..so the Swedish pp with him as 1 of the qbs at point was not really effective ...

So while I cteditvBoqvist with a much better effort this game he still did nothing that dazzled me or made me excited by his potential to impact...just have not seen any of that in 2 straight fames now ..To be fair to him, Evan Bouchard really stunk this game..did nothing offensively and was exposed defensively as Swedish guys
Zipped by and around him. ..looked slow and not very agile born was just not engaged into this game with any effort..So if you were an Oilers fan you cannot be happy with what you saw...now looking forwardctpvday's Canada vs. USA match ....I wonder if Mitchell and Beaudoin will be back in..they sat out for others last night for Canada. ..Also Quinn Hughes sat ought the USA game yesterday and Jack Hughesvpkayed...so wonder if Jack Hughes plays 3 in a row on consecutive days or they sit him out and just put Quinn Hughes back in today?

Yes game is about to start and Quinn Hughes back in for USA as I see him in the pr.e-game warm up ...Dobson did not play last game for Canada so I expect he is back in today too.Jack Hughes is playing ..so 3rd consecutive game in 3 days for him. Mitchell is playing today ...so is Entwhistle...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Beaudin also.playing...so all 3 of our guys for Canada and Mitchell at LD are playing g today...Canada leads 2-1 after 1 period. ..Mitchell had a good period..Playing g much better so far this game compared to what I saw (albeit only half of the game on Thursday night)... Inrerestiing that they are playing Beaudin at RD and Mitchell at LD on the PP (though not on the sane time )Mitchell playing with Ty Smith on the 1st PP unit and Beaudin is on 2nd unit ..but interesting they play PP point on their off side.

Both Mitchell and Beaudin were on for 1 USA transition attac each when they weroe caught on pinches ..BUT otherwise they had solid periods ...especially Mitchell who is more focused this game.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Now 5-1 for Canada ...Entwhistle got the 4th goal on a lucky deflection off a USA player who directed it past his own goalie ...USA pulled Petruzelliafter letting in 5 goals .. But O'Brian scores for USA shortly after when Beaudoin made a bad punch and it was 2 on on Mitchell defending but he could not prevent the resulting goal.

So that is 3 bad pinches. ..2 for Beaudoin and 1 for Mitchell ..a bit over 8 minutes left in period 2.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
USA scores again with less than 4 minutes to go in period 3 ...A scramble at the Canadian crease ..so score is 5-3 ...2nd period just ended... Mitchell was on for that goal against. ..not his sole fault but the Candia ms at their crest defending did not clear the mucking for the puck in that scrum..could be bigger stronger dmem could ?It always is a question area with smaller dmem on the ice ..Not sure if Beaudin was on forvtgatvtoo ..but it seemed to me that Canada somehow got caught with 3 dmem on the ice at the same time trying to defend that scrum that emerged. .
Perhaps a bad kine change and 1 dman on the prior shift did not get off? BUT maybe my eyes deceived me ?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So USA scores again to make it 5-4 and then Canada scores again on a controversial play where goalie interference was at issue but the review said no...God goal...So score now 6-4 for Canada with 15 minutes left in period as I post this.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So USA scores with their goalie out for the extra man. ..Just before Mitchell tried for the empty net but his clear did not have enough speed as it went down the ice and USA player got back to get it before it went in..then Canada pressured and got the puck with a chance to again shoot at the empty net but Beau in made a bad pass back outbpvervthe blue line so I stead of Mitchell getting another chance at the empty net ,Canada subsequently lost possession and USA made an attack back and of course Beaudoin not in position to stop the attack and so USA scored on the shot..Bit Still there was about 3 minutes left and Canada held on after USA pulled their goalie again.
Canada 6 USA 5...
I know Mitchell was on for 3 of the USA 5 goals and Beaudin for 2 for sure,
7ure...maybe 3 ? ...Not blaming Mitchell for any oft them but still ...Beaudn made 2 bad pinches and 1 of then cost a goal..he also failed to keep a pick in with a bad pass that went too far backwards and out back over the blue line that both nullified chance to shoot at the Empt5y net if he had passed accurately to Mitchell and this if not immediately them at least subsequently a few seconds later caused the chance USA got for a transition attack going the other3
way and that 5th goal they got to make it close.

So ..just saying. . you do not want your highly touted prospects being on for 3 of of the 5 goals the oppisirion scores on you ..Mitchell got 1a..so hardly enough compensating offense by these 2 d-men to offset their inability to prevent 3 of the 5 opps goals..Hardly giving ďème confidence they are going to impact big at the NHL level..Beaudin made some big mistakes and while Mitchell gad a lot of good shifts ,he still could not prevent 4 goals while he was on ,nor could he generate enough offensively to be called in any way impressive.

True these guys need more development ,but just 1a between them and a few inefficient defending shifts do not exactly get any hope for savior "star'..
.If there is potential for stars ..I do not see it .

On the other hand Quinn Hughes is scintillating score how he directs okay in thebo'zobe when he has the puck. ..good thing he himself cannot beat goalies..if he was a goal scorer as well as he can poses, elude,dance and dish ..then he would be silly scarey .But he is a lousy shooter. .so at least he has 2 big flaw aside from the size issue ..

Well 1 more game to go.. Sweden-Finland ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Boqvist did not play in the last game of the Showcase against Finland last night..so disappointed not to see if he would finally shine..Never saw the offensive force he was supposed to be from his play in the 2 prior games I saw him ....a pretty me impression compared to some other d-mwn at this showcase ..but he was not scored on much while on shift...so at least there is that ..still...compared to how impressive Quinn Hughes was,Boqvist has a long way to develop to have that kind of impact ...still he is younger ...so there is hope a year in the OHL will bring out the special mess our scouts think is there ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Boqvist did not play in the last game of the Showcase against Finland last night..so disappointed not to see if he would finally shine..Never saw the offensive force he was supposed to be from his play in the 2 prior games I saw him ....a pretty me impression compared to some other d-mwn at this showcase ..but he was not scored on much while on shift...so at least there is that ..still...compared to how impressive Quinn Hughes was,Boqvist has a long way to develop to have that kind of impact ...still he is younger ...so there is hope a year in the OHL will bring out the special mess our scouts think is there ..

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Sounds like Nalimov will be signing with Kunlun Red Star

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

First time seeing Quinn Hughes. He's impressive with the puck on his stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad