Prospect Info: All-Purpose Prospect Thread v10.0: Blue Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Nalimov was still under contract when they signed that goalie. No reason not to think that he wouldn't be returning to the KHL for one more year. He obviously wasn't a big priority for them. Maybe Nalimov should have told the Hawks he was interested in coming over and interested in the AHL a lot sooner. For now, he can rot in the KHL until the Hawks want him.

Came to post this.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Now.

Laz and Powers are covering it on twitter. Not sure if it's being streamed anywhere.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Trade him to Columbus for the rights to Elvis Mirzlikins...of course we want Elvis it the building!

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
For the next mist see summer hockey viewing,after our Development Camp ends:
On August 6th the Hlinka Gretzky Cup Tournament begins ...It used to be the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament held I the Czech Rep....but thus year it will be held in Alberta ...and all games will be televised by TSN in Canada and/or livestreamed on tsn.ca

Do not know if any games will be on mhl network in USA or not ..or if Team USA games streamed by their website or not.

In any case we Canadians are lucky to finally get TV coverage of this important u-18 tournament as it kicks off the scouting year to get more impressions on the talent available for the 2019 draft and maybe a few of the 2020 draft prospects ...most of the kids will be 17 yr Olds or turning 17 before Sept 15th with some younger 16 year olds identified as future stars included too...

Of particular I test to me will be to watch some of the top Centres eligible for the 2019 draft to try to get a better handle on ranking them..it appears to be a much deeper crop of centers than 2018 with a lot likely to go in the first 2 rounds with several of exclkent quality ...of course Jack Hughes is franchise Centre quality ..but several others will go high in round one..

There are several big centres for a change likely to go high in round one and so we gotta be careful on wishing for this great "rebound year " from our Blackhawks cause that could put us out of the running for the rare prizes .There are some good smaller centre's too ..not in the Hughes special category. .but still likely to go later in round one or early round two..But look at it this way. .IF it is another dreadful year from. The Hawks..it will be rewarded if we draft top ten again..we could bet our next top Centre of the future ..If we surprise and draft late round..well we might be looking at WI gers instead of centres or have to pluck another smallish Centre as the big ones with talent will be off the board..

I will post my impressions during the tournament ..

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So far Hawks have not yet offered Jake Ryzcek a contract ...he is already 20 years old ...if he gets a contract he can play in the AHL ...though Hawks already have a logjam of d-men there ..So I would guess that means either go back to Halifax in juniors or consider playing in Indy for the Fuel ...If not signed by the Hawks he would go back to juniors for sure and hope the Hawks sign him later this season.

After he left Providence to join Halifax in the Q he put up 7 g 20a in 33GP ...a full season in the Q and he would have doubled those totals or more...So if he went back to Halifax as a 20 yr old he probably tears up the league this season ...Not sure what the Hawks plans for him are ...

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
So far Hawks have not yet offered Jake Ryzcek a contract ...he is already 20 years old ...if he gets a contract he can play in the AHL ...though Hawks already have a logjam of d-men there ..So I would guess that means either go back to Halifax in juniors or consider playing in Indy for the Fuel ...If not signed by the Hawks he would go back to juniors for sure and hope the Hawks sign him later this season.

After he left Providence to join Halifax in the Q he put up 7 g 20a in 33GP ...a full season in the Q and he would have doubled those totals or more...So if he went back to Halifax as a 20 yr old he probably tears up the league this season ...Not sure what the Hawks plans for him are ...

Even if he wasn't 20 he could play in the AHL. He was drafted out of the USHL.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Laz isn't covering anything. He is just making stupid comments on twitter basically making fun of people that are actually reporting on it. He's a *****e.

Also spends a lot of his time arguing with people about politics on his twitter feed

To be fair to Mark it is his offseason as well but we aren't asking him to cover Hawks 24/7 but actually covering events/etc involving team should be a basic part of his job

In the end I miss Sassone and even Kuc who was a lot less of a dick then Mark

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Mitchell with a goal and an assist in his first game of the tourney with Canada.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
3-1 for Sweden over USA after 1 period at the World Juniors Summer Showcase ...Boqvist has done nothing offensively and looks tentative and a bit weak defensively ...defending in his own zone a lot with his face to his net which is never a good thing as it means the oops forwards got behind him to the net faster.So far nothing from him that looks special ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Score now 3-3 in the Sweden USA game at the WJSS....with a bit 9ver 4 minutes to go in 0eriodctwp as I post this...Boqqvist has not done much to standout ....TFYI...hey are using him at LD not RD ...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They finally put Boqvist 9n the RD for a pp ...got off a point shot. ...finally. .but alas it was wide (like so many of our Blackhawks pd-men on point ..but at least it was the fisrst thibg game where he got his shot off....so far not seeing the next Erik Karlsson ...nothing special looking
..so far...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They have given Boqvisy several shifts on RD now in the 3rd ....but still he has not done anything to look like a difference-maker ...playing like just another guy...scoreboard now 4-4 with 4 minutes remain in in the 3rd..At least Boqvisy not on for any goalsxahainst as I recall .

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Sigh.... one pick away from Quinn Hughes.

That was nasty.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
USA wins in OT...brilliant possession in zone by Quinn Hughes who passes to Norris for the winner ...3 assists by Q uinn Hughes 2g 1a for Jack Hughes..a Hughes brothers special I mpacying this game...Boqvist looked like just another guy all game...had one 2 on chance in the OT where he elected to defer and tried the pass over instead of shooting and trying to be in it on his alleged difference-maker shot ..which we never really saw in okay all game...pity..I hope we did not go of in passing over Bouchard or Dobson because off this performance I saw zero from Boqvist that screamed he is going tto be much of can't thing. ..disappointing to me.

As tpbtge Canada -Finland game later tonight ..I ca n only watch parts of it because myOttawa Redblacks football team is playing Toronto and I will be watching mostly that game ...though I will check in to the hockey game too during intermission and breaks for commercials once the hockey starts at least for the first parts of the hockey game as there is a 2 hour difference in start times with the football game starting first .. ...so if Beaudin and or Mitchell are playing then I will only get brief glimpses. ..
But again...from what I saw from Boqvist today ,makes one wonder why we picked him...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad