All Purpose PK Subban Discussion Thread Part 2

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Right, yet the footage is of him waking from his car to the locker room, for the media.

If you don’t think the whole thing was an unnecessary media distraction for the SCF, we aren’t going to agree.
What type of professional athlete or team is seriously going to be distracted by that? Seriously.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The defense as a whole played well tonight. Subban's speed, or lack thereof, wasn't an issue. He played well positionally and didn't try to get sexy with his offensive rushes which meant fewer issues. Sometimes simple is smart.
Tbh I thought he was moving better than he has in a while, which may say something about an injury issue slowing him down a bit.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
The defense as a whole played well tonight. Subban's speed, or lack thereof, wasn't an issue. He played well positionally and didn't try to get sexy with his offensive rushes which meant fewer issues. Sometimes simple is smart.
that's what stood out to me. he made some skilled plays with the puck but a lot of times it was just gaining the line and getting the puck in deep.

and again, yes. hopefully the break did him and some other guys well.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Go read yesterdays main board GDT and read the StL posters about PK....I'm glad he is here to annoy the f*** out of opposing fans. I hope he gives 1/3 of that annoyance to the opposing players.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Hey Preds fans,

Just wanted to stop by and ask about PK and his production. I have him in a keeper league but he seems to be having a pretty bad year production wise.
I understand he had a back injury earlier in the year.... Whats your prognosis for him moving forward?

Cheers!

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I don't know if this publicity stunt by PK traveled all the way down to Nashville but here is poster board in Montreal right now, saying "I love my Weber" (Weber being a brand of barbecue). Hilarious :)

1630564-pk-subban-apparait-publicite-geant.jpg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I don't know if this publicity stunt by PK traveled all the way down to Nashville but here is poster board in Montreal right now, saying "I love my Weber" (Weber being a brand of barbecue). Hilarious :)

1630564-pk-subban-apparait-publicite-geant.jpg
I've seen it on social media a few times. I don't really have much of an opinion on it. He's a brand and a big celebrity so I'm not surprised, but it doesn't bother me. I don't really know the "point" of that slogan other than the irony but there are probably a lot of Preds fans who still "love their Weber" too that may take it the wrong way.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I've seen it on social media a few times. I don't really have much of an opinion on it. He's a brand and a big celebrity so I'm not surprised, but it doesn't bother me. I don't really know the "point" of that slogan other than the irony but there are probably a lot of Preds fans who still "love their Weber" too that may take it the wrong way.

I've seen a newspaper article about the making of that publicity and really, it was all in good fun, from everyone. And the Weber brand certainly got people talking so in that way it is a success.
"We gave them more details and two days later, the offer was in front of P.K Subban. He accepted it very quickly. His desire was to talk to the Montreal market. P.K. remains in good relationship with the Montreal Canadiens. Everything is beautiful, and P.K. is very present in Montreal with his foundation. He likes being in the market, and it was a great opportunity for P.K. to wink at the deal. Just to say a hello in Montreal, I love you, and I also like Weber barbecues. - Dan Zagury, Partner, Vice President, Consulting Group, Gendron Communication"

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I've seen a newspaper article about the making of that publicity and really, it was all in good fun, from everyone. And the Weber brand certainly got people talking so in that way it is a success.
"We gave them more details and two days later, the offer was in front of P.K Subban. He accepted it very quickly. His desire was to talk to the Montreal market. P.K. remains in good relationship with the Montreal Canadiens. Everything is beautiful, and P.K. is very present in Montreal with his foundation. He likes being in the market, and it was a great opportunity for P.K. to wink at the deal. Just to say a hello in Montreal, I love you, and I also like Weber barbecues. - Dan Zagury, Partner, Vice President, Consulting Group, Gendron Communication"
Yeah I mean there's no doubt that the Weber brand was behind it, I'm just wondering what Shea thinks about it. I understand they're all professionals so some things shouldn't matter but still can't help but wonder how he feels about the shadow of PK still covering everything. At the end of the day he's the captain of the most historical franchise in the league so whatever, but I guess that's just what I think about. I'm not doubting that he still has a good relationship and is in good standing with Montreal, but obviously if the trade didn't happen he'd never be on that board. Just seems a little artificial I guess.

Reactions: bdub24

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
PK is a beauty. If there’s concerns about his speed, then he’s definitely injured. He’s a burner.
He has never been one here anyway. From Day 1 he clearly had below-average speed. Above-average moxy and daring, so sometimes he'd rush up more than he does now, and sometimes he'd pull off a maneuver than nobody else was crazy enough to even try, but you could see it every time he made those shin-pad turnovers at the blueline that he had no speed to burn. I can't remember any example ever of him catching up to anybody or blowing by anybody with speed. He has other attributes that make up for it (or did in his good years anyway), but speed has definitely not been one of them, not this year with injuries, not in his previous time here when ostensibly healthy.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Then he's been injured for 3 years.

He's good, but he's slow. Relatively speaking.
Yeah, the main problem this year was he went from "below average" in speed - in a way that he could compensate for in other ways - to "OMG he is one of the slowest players in the game" and could not compensate for it. Maybe that was the injury. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out about it in the season post-mortem.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
He has seemed faster to me over the last month or so. That either means he’s getting healthy or it’s further proof that everyone else in gold is indeed playing in slow motion.

Reactions: Tex76

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He has seemed faster to me over the last month or so. That either means he’s getting healthy or it’s further proof that everyone else in gold is indeed playing in slow motion.
This isn't his first go around. It's also possible that, while he could be getting healthier, he was saving his all for the playoffs. As we know, the really good players find a way to turn it on in April. I guess what I'm saying is if we we had been fighting for a wild card spot we may have seen this before now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->