All Purpose PK Subban Discussion Thread Part 2

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
When I leave work I get depressed because I have to leave.
When I'm at the arena watching a hockey game all I can think about is the fact that I could be working instead.
When I go to bed at night I know that I could stay up and work instead.
When I wake up I sometimes forget to get dressed because I'm so obsessed with work.
Work work work.
Work.

Come on man. Only crazy people would think a sports player should only ever think about playing their sport.
More putting words in mouth. No where was it said "a sports player should only ever think about playing their sport".

There have been plenty of professional athletes to get side tracked for various reasons, including but not limited to the press.

I have never seen an active hockey player devote more time and energy to PR, the press , and "his brand" than PK. Sean Avery is the closest one I can think of, and some NFL WRs.

It is possible for him to to balance the line. He obviously didn't do it well enough in Montreal.

I'm sure the PK club will think he's balancing the line fine, there's certainly no convincing them otherwise.

I think his play has been declining enough to question if he's putting in all the effort possible to maintain being an elite dman in the league. I want more out of him, a lot more. He's the NHLs highest paid dman.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
More putting words in mouth. No where was it said "a sports player should only ever think about playing their sport".

There have been plenty of professional athletes to get side tracked for various reasons, including but not limited to the press.

I have never seen an active hockey player devote more time and energy to PR, the press , and "his brand" than PK. Sean Avery is the closest one I can think of, and some NFL WRs.

It is possible for him to to balance the line. He obviously didn't do it well enough in Montreal.

I'm sure the PK club will think he's balancing the line fine, there's certainly no convincing them otherwise.

I think his play has been declining enough to question if he's putting in all the effort possible to maintain being an elite dman in the league. I want more out of him, a lot more. He's the NHLs highest paid dman.
He wont be next season with Doughty's 11 million contract and Karlsson being a FA kicking in.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

When you say this kind of stuff

I’d be willing to bet Arvy wakes up thinking about winning hockey games.

Pk wakes up thinking about what joke he can play on Crosby that will get the most attention.

it's hard to believe that you're okay with a guy not being all hockey all the time. Ekholm posted a picture of him on a beach and calling it a "much needed break" with a plug for his wife's podcast. Is that not focused enough? Who seriously cares what PK does with down time?

And yes. I'm sure PK wakes up every day in 2019 immediately thinking about what he can do to get in the kitchen of a player in a different conference that beat him in a series two years ago. This shit is so stupid.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Who seriously cares what PK does with down time?
Please tell me what NHL player devotes more time to PR and "his brand" than PK.

Yes, I absolutely think what a professional player does outside the rink affects his play at the rink. As with everything in life, it's a balance.

PK is playing the worst hockey of his career. I certainly hope he's examining what he can do on and off the ice to fix it.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Please tell me what NHL player devotes more time to PR and "his brand" than PK.
Who gives a shit?

Yes, I absolutely think what a professional player does outside the rink affects his play at the rink. As with everything in life, it's a balance.
Then why are you not pissed at many other players on the team (likely all of them) who are taking time off during this break? Why are you not calling out Josi for being a guest on Subban's "show"?

Reactions: E82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Who gives a ****?

Then why are you not pissed at many other players on the team (likely all of them) who are taking time off during this break? Why are you not calling out Josi for being a guest on Subban's "show"?
Come now, you know Josi only did that because PK forced him too and he wanted to be a good Captain :sarcasm:

Reactions: Drake744

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Wish he'd put as much effort into maintain his sh% :sarcasm:

E82

Feb 3, 2015

This is ridiculously inaccurate. Not the facts. Stop it.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
This is ridiculously inaccurate. Not the facts. Stop it.
You're saying you know of another hockey player who devotes more time to PR / his brand than PK?

My only problem with trading Subban is he's our only consistant playoff performer on the backend.
All of the top 4 played pretty consistent in the 2017 run.

PK had a nice string of PP goals against Winnepeg, but also got owned by MacKinnon in the first round. I have little confidence he'll be able any elite forward with speed at this stage.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You're saying you know of another hockey player who devotes more time to PR / his brand than PK?

All of the top 4 played pretty consistent in the 2017 run.

PK had a nice string of PP goals against Winnepeg, but also got owned by MacKinnon in the first round. I have little confidence he'll be able any elite forward with speed at this stage.
MacKinnon pretty much owned the entire Dcorp in that series, so PK isn't unique in that regard.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
MacKinnon pretty much owned the entire Dcorp in that series, so PK isn't unique in that regard.
PK got owned the most. Beyond the floundering fish moves when getting beat, he had to resort to elbows to his MacKinnon's head to "make a difference".

Do you have faith in PK against speedy forwards in the playoffs?

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
tenor.gif

Reactions: Viqsi

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Great now dig up the times he blew by Josi and Ellis. Oh wait you can't because it's not PK so no one bothered.

You know what f*** it, I dont have a favorite player cause all that matters to me is the logo on the front. Yall need to lighten the hell up or find another hobby cause yall are like school girls who didn't get the man she wanted and can't let it go.

Reactions: LCPreds

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Great now dig up the times he blew by Josi and Ellis. Oh wait you can't because it's not PK so no one bothered.

You know what **** it, I dont have a favorite player cause all that matters to me is the logo on the front. Yall need to lighten the hell up or find another hobby cause yall are like school girls who didn't get the man she wanted and can't let it go.
chill man. i just think the gif is funny.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Right, that's why you spend half your time on here bad mouthing the man like he stole your puppy.
not even close to true. a complete exaggeration but you can think that if you would like.

please look up my posts and tell what percent of them are bad mouthing subban. hint: it isn't 50%. nowhere freaking close. insult me if you would like but don't post things that are a complete farce.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Looked like the entire team got schooled in that sequence. Even the players on the bench probably got scorched.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
not even close to true. a complete exaggeration but you can think that if you would like.

please look up my posts and tell what percent of them are bad mouthing subban. hint: it isn't 50%. nowhere freaking close. insult me if you would like but don't post things that are a complete farce.
Ok sorry 40%, most of the rest are drunken rants in the GDT. :neener:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
peep ellis getting dummied and gets tangled w/ rinne
Poor Subban gets the flack on that one for the snow angels but he was effectively in no-man's land with an onrushing MacKinnon. Ellis was freaking awful on that play and Arvy maybe prevents it from developing if he does something more than a drive-by in the corner. That whole series felt wrong. :confused:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->