All Purpose PK Subban Discussion Thread Part 2

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Here is how spoiled this fanbase is. PK is a +10, 18 pts, 12th on the team in points ... t-57th across the league for d-men. And we have people here wanting to move him out in some delusion that we're going to somehow improve no matter what if he's gone.
You have a gift of putting words in people’s mouth.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Driving to the store to buy bottles of listerine during the SCF doesn’t happen without thinking.
Wouldn't you just freak out if you found out Arvy did the shopping though? It's just as possible as any other scenario you and I know about how that awesome troll on Crosby happened.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
You have a gift of putting words in people’s mouth.

Go read your own post. If you understand the words you used you'll have to apologize for this accusation. It truly is that simple. I would use paragraphs, but you've already admitted that those are too much for you.

I never put words in your mouth ... didn't attribute a single thing to you. Quite frankly, you don't rise to the level that I would attribute anything to.

RickP

Mar 14, 2017

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Not that it matters that much, but Subban said his teammates brought the Listerine bottles and put them in his locker.

Subban’s Preds leave little breathing room for Pens: Arthur | The Star

Subban told the media that Crosby told him he had bad breath, and then told the media on Sunday his teammates left Listerine in his locker. Oh, P.K.
Right, yet the footage is of him waking from his car to the locker room, for the media.

If you don’t think the whole thing was an unnecessary media distraction for the SCF, we aren’t going to agree.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Right, yet the footage is of him waking from his car to the locker room, for the media.

If you don’t think the whole thing was an unnecessary media distraction for the SCF, we aren’t going to agree.
It wasn't that big of a deal, certainly nothing on the level of the Radulov/AK47 mess

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Go read your own post. If you understand the words you used you'll have to apologize for this accusation. It truly is that simple. I would use paragraphs, but you've already admitted that those are too much for you.

I never put words in your mouth ... didn't attribute a single thing to you. Quite frankly, you don't rise to the level that I would attribute anything to.
Nice, more paragraphs about how holier 101 is than everyone else.

Please post a quote from anyone that “we are going to improve, no matter what” if we move PK.

Last edited:

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Nice, more paragraphs about how holier 101 is than everyone else.

Please post a quote from anyone that “we are going to improve, no matter what” if we move PK.

IF the team is not going to improve then why make a trade? That is logic.

I also didn't put that into your post. Your false accusations are as common as your logically devoid, grammatically flawed posts.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
IF the team is not going to improve then why make a trade? That is logic.

I also didn't put that into your post. Your false accusations are as common as your logically devoid, grammatically flawed posts.
101 tactic 1: post paragraphs about how much smarter he his than others

101 tactic 2: criticize posters grammar

103 tactic 3: exaggerate, paraphrase posts to fit narrative

Like I said, I’d move PK if we could get a decent return. I’m not optimistic on his trajectory right now, and his contract is massive. What I didn’t say was “we are going to improve, no matter what, if we move PK” (nor did anyone). That is made up 101BS.

Of course there has to be subsequent moves to fill a void of PP QB and shutdown D. But the void is already there to an extent with PK.

This group wasn’t close to getting it done last year. I’ve seen very little this year that says they are better than last year, including but not limited to PK.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
101 tactic 1: post paragraphs about how much smarter he his than others

101 tactic 2: criticize posters grammar

103 tactic 3: exaggerate, paraphrase posts to fit narrative

Like I said, I’d move PK if we could get a decent return. I’m not optimistic on his trajectory right now, and his contract is massive. What I didn’t say was “we are going to improve, no matter what, if we move PK” (nor did anyone). That is made up 101BS.

Of course there has to be subsequent moves to fill a void of PP QB and shutdown D. But the void is already there to an extent with PK.

This group wasn’t close to getting it done last year. I’ve seen very little this year that says they are better than last year, including but not limited to PK.
What is this decent return and where are you going to get it?

Reactions: Drake744

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Another perspective on how spoiled this team is when it comes to offensive production from the blueline. Right now PK is 30th among NHL d-men in points per game (minimum ten games played) yet only 3rd on his own team. He's 28th in points per 60mins among defenders. One-tenth of the top 30 scoring defenders across the league are wearing Preds sweaters.

Reactions: bdub24 and Tex76

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
PK tries too hard to hard to be the center of attention. It works for gag bits like Halloween, listerine, etc. He doesn't have the natural ability like Strahan, etc to be a full time TV personality, although that's obviously what he's shooting for long term. Wish he'd put as much effort into maintain his athleticism.

If you tossed Strahan a gig as a late night host in 1999, would he have been polished and executed flawlessly? P.K. is not a TV host, he hasn't spent years studying and working on this craft, working smaller gigs, etc. So to jump in and do it as well as he did (relatively), in the middle of a hockey season with minimal preparation, i'd actually say it's an indication that he can be highly successful at if full-time when his playing career is over.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is why I wish this dam thread was locked and done away with, lol.....
Most people can be civil with it but it's PK so there always has to be a few people that can't wait to take time out of their day and complain. The rational Pred fans will share opinions in GDTs or Observations but others see the name of this thread and their ears perk up and get aroused because they think they've found a place to rip on the guy.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
If you aren't going to improve then there is no reason to move PK.
I think if we were to move pk we would improve in the area we trade pk for but our defense will get worse but in all honesty our defense hasn't been close to what it should be. We should have 1 of the top defense in the league but there have been far to many games where the defense has looked par and average. Example if we were to trade pk and fiala to ottawa for Stone Dzingle and ceci does our forward group not improve drastically? Not saying that trade would happen but if we were to decide to move one of our top 4 it would be to improve our forward group and if were pk we moved, it would have to improve our forward group drasically. I would not trade any of our top 4 if it doesn't improve our forward group alot

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The measurables of our team defense aren't bad. 7th fewest shots allowed per game, 2nd fewest goals allowed per game, 5th fewest total goals allowed with the teams ahead of us in that stat all playing a minimum of 3 fewer games so far.

It's in the eye test, often in the emotion of midgame watching, where issues arise.

Reactions: LCPreds and Tex76

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
When I leave work I get depressed because I have to leave.
When I'm at the arena watching a hockey game all I can think about is the fact that I could be working instead.
When I go to bed at night I know that I could stay up and work instead.
When I wake up I sometimes forget to get dressed because I'm so obsessed with work.
Work work work.
Work.

Come on man. Only crazy people would think a sports player should only ever think about playing their sport.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
PK tries too hard to hard to be the center of attention. It works for gag bits like Halloween, listerine, etc. He doesn't have the natural ability like Strahan, etc to be a full time TV personality, although that's obviously what he's shooting for long term. Wish he'd put as much effort into maintain his athleticism.

Like Strahan, lol..strahan mumbles , can't pronounce words and is an idiot. he has no natural ability beyond that of being an egotistical pampered stupid jock. So he fits perfectly into morning tv.

PK is a lot more personable but he doesn't have the football connections..hockey is still fringe .

Now I see the fun of having this thread, lol...

Reactions: bdub24

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think if we were to move pk we would improve in the area we trade pk for but our defense will get worse but in all honesty our defense hasn't been close to what it should be. We should have 1 of the top defense in the league but there have been far to many games where the defense has looked par and average. Example if we were to trade pk and fiala to ottawa for Stone Dzingle and ceci does our forward group not improve drastically? Not saying that trade would happen but if we were to decide to move one of our top 4 it would be to improve our forward group and if were pk we moved, it would have to improve our forward group drasically. I would not trade any of our top 4 if it doesn't improve our forward group alot
The point is the team has to get better. If the forward group gets better but the team gets worse then you've made a stupid decision.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
The point is the team has to get better. If the forward group gets better but the team gets worse then you've made a stupid decision.

You are correct. That is why I am of the opinion of trying some different lines. I think we may have the right pieces but are not maximizing them. Could switching Johansen and Turris make us worse, sure, could it make us better too, sure. We won't know until we try it, if that's a path Laviolette so chooses. I think it gives better balance to the top 6 and while we may not have the dominance the JOFA line has shown in the past, we may have two lines that are slightly worse than the JOFA line but have drastically improved the second line in the process which is making the overall team better.

Here's something else to consider, we have no idea what's going on with Turris injury wise right now. He was injured, came back and then went out again. Same injury? Different injury? Two injuries? Can he play through it and be effective? If not, do we go for a rental in case he can't go? If he can't go, what should that rental be, another center or do we get a winger and slightly change the dynamic of the forwards?

All that to say, there's no way we move PK right now in the middle of the season. If anything, he'll be moved in the offseason IF things don't go well in the playoffs, Fabbro is ready to step in next year and we can drastically improve the forward group. The other variable is if Tolvanen is going to take the next step in his development, which honestly, has had me concerned since he arrived in the NHL last year.

I'd also like to see how Josi and Subban play as a pairing over the course of the rest of the season and in to the playoffs. That may dictate a lot of what happens as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad