All Purpose Oliver Bjorkstrand thread

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
OBJ is 8-2-10 in his last 6 games and 11-9-20 in his last 19. He started the season 4-2-6 in his first 19 games. He's turning into a PPG player again in the middle of the season, but this time it's happened before February. Kid could be a superstar on this team if he can do this consistently over 82 games. He'll set a new career mark in goals and points if he stays healthy in the final 30 games.

Career high in ATOI and not far off his career shooting % either. His shots are up to 3.45/game, which is well above his career average (previous best in a season was 2.12/game).

I think he's turning into our #1RW. To me, he plays a better game than Cam does (at 5v5 and on the PP, at least).

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
OBJ is 8-2-10 in his last 6 games and 11-9-20 in his last 19. He started the season 4-2-6 in his first 19 games. He's turning into a PPG player again in the middle of the season, but this time it's happened before February. Kid could be a superstar on this team if he can do this consistently over 82 games. He'll set a new career mark in goals and points if he stays healthy in the final 30 games.

Career high in ATOI and not far off his career shooting % either. His shots are up to 3.45/game, which is well above his career average (previous best in a season was 2.12/game).

I think he's turning into our #1RW. To me, he plays a better game than Cam does (at 5v5 and on the PP, at least).
Yep. This isn’t to diminish Cam in any way as the man can score goals and has demonstrated the teams best shootout skills. (Free Sonny might offer competition there). But for me, Bjork has more range in his game. Like Cam he can score goals, but in addition his vision, passing and board work are superior.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Yep. This isn’t to diminish Cam in any way as the man can score goals and has demonstrated the teams best shootout skills. (Free Sonny might offer competition there). But for me, Bjork has more range in his game. Like Cam he can score goals, but in addition his vision, passing and board work are superior.
Bjork is definately an all around player. He is also very good in shootouts. At least he was in Cleveland. He is also a clutch player. He has a knack for scoring big goals.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Bjork is definately an all around player. He is also very good in shootouts. At least he was in Cleveland. He is also a clutch player. He has a knack for scoring big goals.

His GWG in the final minute against the Rangers supports your second point- that was huge.

His GWG against the Jets, to me, shows such development because he took a big hit against the boards before the world-class shot he took.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
His GWG in the final minute against the Rangers supports your second point- that was huge.

His GWG against the Jets, to me, shows such development because he took a big hit against the boards before the world-class shot he took.
When I first saw that goal against Winnipeg I thought it was a nice goal, but then when I saw the replay, I was floored at how amazing that shot was. He had very little room to put the puck in. That goalie played that as well as he could have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad