Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
he did really well in AHL, I think he was +8 on those few games, I still think he is better than at least two guys currently ahead of him, plus he is RH...

Johnson and Oleksiak?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Totally. I was just elaborating on the centre position. Overall, Brass could stand to be better, but the defense might be the bigger issue going forward.

Another thing I’d point to is a lot of people are pointing out that Brassard and Geno are “bad analytically” I’d be curious to see the difference between those two when leading and when we are not.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Another thing I’d point to is a lot of people are pointing out that Brassard and Geno are “bad analytically” I’d be curious to see the difference between those two when leading and when we are not.

You can filter that on naturalstatrick

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
he did really well in AHL, I think he was +8 on those few games, I still think he is better than at least two guys currently ahead of him, plus he is RH...

He’s been terrible in the NHL this season. Our worst for sure.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Sid on the PK is something they should have been doing years ago. Tons of great players do it. And we've done it perfectly so far, its basically 10-15 seconds. Try to create a turnover and get off.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Kinda that, but its been all shutdown and no offence.

I guess my argument is that the Pens have been leading a lot this year and seem to get comfortable with the lead and allow themselves to get shot on and look poorly statistically. Jesse actually just tweeted about this today lol.

Also, I do think it is surprising that people say he “isn’t trying”. Seems like he kind of tapers off when we get a lead. Maybe a symptom of thinking his job isn’t to score since his role. I’d be curious to analyze his shift charts, because one thing I notice a lot with Brass is he barely spends time on the ice when he’s out there. Looks for a quick chip, or way to get the puck out and then goes straight to the bench.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I guess my argument is that the Pens have been leading a lot this year and seem to get comfortable with the lead and allow themselves to get shot on and look poorly statistically. Jesse actually just tweeted about this today lol.

Also, I do think it is surprising that people say he “isn’t trying”. Seems like he kind of tapers off when we get a lead. Maybe a symptom of thinking his job isn’t to score since his role. I’d be curious to analyze his shift charts, because one thing I notice a lot with Brass is he barely spends time on the ice when he’s out there. Looks for a quick chip, or way to get the puck out and then goes straight to the bench.

Brassard's fairly solidly the worst when we have a lead though. Notoriously teams often end up getting outshot when in the lead, but Brassard's the team leader for chances against in this scenario... and the team leader for preventing them when we're trailing.

And honestly, I can't see a better explanation for that *radical* swing than some version of "Not trying".

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Brassard's fairly solidly the worst when we have a lead though. Notoriously teams often end up getting outshot when in the lead, but Brassard's the team leader for chances against in this scenario... and the team leader for preventing them when we're trailing.

And honestly, I can't see a better explanation for that *radical* swing than some version of "Not trying".

Yeah, I’m just saying further proof it is on him versus his ability as a player.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, I’m just saying further proof it is on him versus his ability as a player.

I don't think anyone much has doubted his ability as a player. Maybe better to say that it's on him versus his ability to play this system and role?

Reactions: pixiesfanyo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->