Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Coyotes for lulz? They’re a pretty competitive team when they’re healthy. That D and goaltending have just been shat in.

Guess we'll see when they get healthy again.

That's a point - anyone know a good source of mangames lost to injury? By my rough count, we're probably at about 100, give or take.

**** me, Anaheim already at 250.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
looked at some numbers, possession wise both Caps and Pens middle of the pack, Capitls have one of the worst percentages of created high danger chances, but both Caps and Pens riding high PDO, Pens mainly due to great goaltending as of late and crazy SH%

A higher CF% would be ideal, but as the league begins to all huddle around the mean there are other stats that become better predictors.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Didn't pan out?

Well I guess he wasn’t a great forward either or they wouldn’t have traded him...all I know is they had a backlog of defenders and had some injury concerns at forward a couple years ago and played him for some games at wing...honestly not sure how many or how he did....just that he was tried there...

Reactions: Crosbyfan

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Just 7 weeks ago.......

DwHkvM8XgAAK6q_

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Eh, Malkin is still the most underappreciated player in Pgh...fancy plays Letang is beloved. Geno is always lazy or could do better.

Reactions: Andy99

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
If they're gonna rotate Oleksiak and Riikola depending on opposition until Schultz is fit, then I'll be a bit surprised and not that unhappy.

I think it’s more like the Reaves situation now. Sully would prefer not to play Oleksiak but there is pressure to have an enforcer on the team. Riikola and now Pettersson at least give Sully the opportunity not to play Oleksiak as much.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think it’s more like the Reaves situation now. Sully would prefer not to play Oleksiak but there is pressure to have an enforcer on the team. Riikola and now Pettersson at least give Sully the opportunity not to play Oleksiak as much.

Well once Schultz is back it’s looking like neither Riikola nor Olek will play unless we have some other D injury....I’d rather have
Dumo-Letang
MP-Schultz
Maatta-Riikola/JJ...
And alternate Riikola and JJ depending on opponent, and maybe include Maatta in that rotation depending on how he’s playimg...of course that assumes Schultz can get back to playing well and quick

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Well once Schultz is back it’s looking like neither Riikola nor Olek will play unless we have some other D injury....I’d rather have
Dumo-Letang
MP-Schultz
Maatta-Riikola/JJ...
And alternate Riikola and JJ depending on opponent, and maybe include Maatta in that rotation depending on how he’s playimg...of course that assumes Schultz can get back to playing well and quick
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dkingerski

Oct 21, 2015
Kingerski is the idiot that said Sid would never sit out an all star game right?

How do you not have Letang as the MVP for this season?

I think during the winning streak he’s been on for one goal at EV and is leading players in basically every metric at EV.

I am that idiot. Letang definitely deserves heaps of praise and I considered him for second place of the MVP column. Ultimately, the overall lack of team defensive effort then invigorated effort made me wonder if the season would have been lost without him, like it would have been without DeSmith. That was the deciding factor, imho.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I am that idiot. Letang definitely deserves heaps of praise and I considered him for second place of the MVP column. Ultimately, the overall lack of team defensive effort then invigorated effort made me wonder if the season would have been lost without him, like it would have been without DeSmith. That was the deciding factor, imho.

Lol. Sorry bro. I know you’ve taken it on the chin for that one.

I can’t imagine the vitriol I would’ve gotten as a journalist for some of my proposals. I still think Letang is team MVP due to Sid’s bad first couple games.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
Good to see you on here, Dan. I know so much of writing ‘content’ and surviving as a start-up these days is dependent on exclusivity and subscriptions, but would love to hear your thinking on the Xs and Os of the team’s style/play on here in the game day threads. I always thought that was where you separated yourself from the other media coverage.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
We need a poll for tomorrows game. Will the blackhawks end the penguins win streak.
I unfortunately have to vote... yes. Since chicago has the pennies number for awhile now.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We need a poll for tomorrows game. Will the blackhawks end the penguins win streak.
I unfortunately have to vote... yes. Since chicago has the pennies number for awhile now.

Considering my food-centric way of life, I went with how do you top your hot dog (Chicago being hard up on their particular style)---also hoping the hot dog talk gets Kessel going!

Last win against CHI was 3/30/14 apparently lol lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kingerski is the idiot that said Sid would never sit out an all star game right?

How do you not have Letang as the MVP for this season?

I think during the winning streak he’s been on for one goal at EV and is leading players in basically every metric at EV.

Sid has skipped several all-star games. I beg the moronic media not to make anything of Ovechkin skipping it, especially in reference to praising Sid for playing.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013

Dont worry at least your not Dejan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad