Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Ruhwedel to W-B/S for Conditioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I don't know why you're quoting me with that, I've been saying for a while that Johnson is a bad possession player. That isn't anything new with him, the best case scenario over his career has been "okay, that's not completely terrible".

Johnson has like a 1.3 GA/60 since the Pettersson trade, when his big problem early in the year was getting scored on a ton. That's why him getting scratched right now doesn't make much sense to me.

Edit: those charts also say that Riikola has been just as bad as Johnson this year and Oleksiak has been as good as Dumoulin, so I'm not sure if you can take those charts as gospel :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Interesting that Desmith is starting again today. I guess they're still treating him as the no.1 for now and really easing Murray back in?

That's not the worst idea. Build MM's confidence up by letting him beat bad teams like LA.

Although Anaheim sucks too and it astounds me that they're 8-1 over their last 9 or whatever. They're so bad.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Interesting that Desmith is starting again today. I guess they're still treating him as the no.1 for now and really easing Murray back in?

That's not the worst idea. Build MM's confidence up by letting him beat bad teams like LA.

Although Anaheim sucks too and it astounds me that they're 8-1 over their last 9 or whatever. They're so bad.

It’s because they are playing young players in their top six for once and their D is nearly healthy.

God, their D is so cool compared to ours.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It’s because they are playing young players in their top six for once and their D is nearly healthy.

God, their D is so cool compared to ours.

They're 29th in CF. Only NYR and Ott are worse.

Will be interesting to see how that goes tonight vs us without Letang (assuming Tanger sits out). Stoppable force meets movable object.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

They have Gibson bailing them out a lot...

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
They're 29th in CF. Only NYR and Ott are worse.

Will be interesting to see how that goes tonight vs us without Letang (assuming Tanger sits out). Stoppable force meets movable object.

They’ve looked good in the games I’ve seen.

I think they likely cream us tonight. Really hope we continue to solidify our playoff spot. Win tonight and we likely leapfrog CBJ.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
They’ve looked good in the games I’ve seen.

I think they likely cream us tonight. Really hope we continue to solidify our playoff spot. Win tonight and we likely leapfrog CBJ.

We should be able to beat them. Though if Letang sits, it's anyone's guess. We barely manged LA without him.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don't know if it still is a problem, but it was after the re-design.
As a long time Android user that despised Apple, then switched over to Apple after the Note 7 mishandling and customer service, my only gripe with apple is the way their OS restricts so much. I still hope that changes.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You serious? Dumoulin has been fantastic overall this season, he had that one inexplicably horrible week a little while ago but he's given us so much this season.
I don't think you're serious.

Dumoulin has been mediocre, bad, and good - all 3, every week he's played. He hasn't been consistently good like he normally is. I attribute this to him rushing back from his injury and not being 100% since then.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I feel as though this doesn't matter to you at all, but

There are 3 guys on defense that AREN"T a problem:
Dumo
Letang
Petterson

The rest have their warts, but the biggest and nastiest wart on the Penguins face is Jack Johnson. Start with scratching his butt and see what you've got with the remainder. I'd rather have Ruh in there vs JJ- he's complete trash

Reactions: JackFr

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Dumo
Letang
Petterson

The rest have their warts, but the biggest and nastiest wart on the Penguins face is Jack Johnson. Start with scratching his butt and see what you've got with the remainder. I'd rather have Ruh in there vs JJ- he's complete trash

I’d rather have Hunwick.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Dumo
Letang
Petterson

Can’t he scratch it himself?

Reactions: BillPrep

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Hornqvist has been taken off of IR on the Pens site, but there hasn't been an official update yet. I don't know if they're practicing today or not.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
So with Horny back do you keep Rust with Sid? Or put Rust with Malkin and put Kessel on line 3?

Malkin imo benifiets much better with a good puck retriver and a good board player in Rust. Than with Kessel atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->