Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
What can you do really atm?
I was in favor of moving Grant up the lines to get Sheahan back on the 4th.
Bottom line is all of Sheahan, G and Phil need to be better and the Pearson-Brass-Simon line looked good to end the SJ game.

Riiko's in for Rig so thats good.

Some worth mentioning tidbits from JR today.

-said the kids in WB were being blocked from being tried(said they'd only get up here if injuries hit) cuz of a guy like Grant/the Blandisi move gives them more flexibility to try Wilkes players and said Blueger deserves a look
-while saying that tho he put praise on Wilson and i have no idea why. Seems they love that he can be physical/fight? It's weird.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What can you do really atm?
I was in favor of moving Grant up the lines to get Sheahan back on the 4th.
Bottom line is all of Sheahan, G and Phil need to be better and the Pearson-Brass-Simon line looked good to end the SJ game.

Riiko's in for Rig so thats good.

Some worth mentioning tidbits from JR today.

-said the kids in WB were being blocked from being tried(said they'd only get up here if injuries hit) cuz of a guy like Grant/the Blandisi move gives them more flexibility to try Wilkes players and said Blueger deserves a look
-while saying that tho he put praise on Wilson and i have no idea why. Seems they love that he can be physical/fight? It's weird.

He can praise him but Sully hardly uses him so I wouldn’t expect him to play many games. JR should get the hint. Grants minutes really dropped from December and he’s gone.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
He can praise him but Sully hardly uses him so I wouldn’t expect him to play many games. JR should get the hint. Grants minutes really dropped from December and he’s gone.

Yea, perhaps it was just a way of heaping praise on a guy to maybe make him play a little better.
One things for sure is JR ain't worried about someone grabbing Wilson on waivers vs Grant.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Yea, perhaps it was just a way of heaping praise on a guy to maybe make him play a little better.
One things for sure is JR ain't worried about someone grabbing Wilson on waivers vs Grant.

JR new someone would grab Grant so he traded him also knowing Sully was playing him less.

If JR gets asked questions he’s not going to trash the guy and because he’s a well liked personality in the organization he probably heaps on the praise a little bit too much.

I imagine we won’t see much more of him with the injured returning, Blandisi and JR’s latest comments about other AHL guys.

Reactions: OGBobbyFarnham

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
:laugh:

Attachments

• E9C5D11A-DBFF-450A-9F3D-CB029DC21827.jpeg
    E9C5D11A-DBFF-450A-9F3D-CB029DC21827.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 30

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Hopefully with Riiko back in and possibly Horny too with Blandisi showing his stuff for his new club, they get back to their winning ways tonight.
I'm gonna hate it if Horny can go tonight and they bench Blandisi over Wilson but whatever.

Of course it could be 2 more losses to wrap up this road trip as well but here's to hopin'.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Hopefully with Riiko back in and possibly Horny too with Blandisi showing his stuff for his new club, they get back to their winning ways tonight.
I'm gonna hate it if Horny can go tonight and they bench Blandisi over Wilson but whatever.

Of course it could be 2 more losses to wrap up this road trip as well but here's to hopin'.

From the lines at training it looks like it’s Wilson or Hornqvist as the are rotating on the L4 RW.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ok I just checked around for the first time today and.... what disappointing frustration. Brassard still walks among us.

Big big big night tonight. Everyone plays and some big match-ups. Isles-Caps, BJacks - Habs, and now have to watch Buffalo who plays at 10.

So. Penguins play a meh team tonight. So this game will most likely be one sided for the majority outside momentum pushes. To say which team will win is the real question.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Sheahan isn’t nearly the forechecker Hagelin was.

Not saying this is a great move per se, but couldn't Sheahan A: kinda play center in the defensive zone, freeing Malkin up a little more and B: take faceoffs where he's better than Malkin as well?

Rust is probably the best in-house option to replace Hagelin with Geno, but you can't take him off the Sid line when it's clicking how it is.

Reactions: ronduguayshair

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Sully logic...big bad oleksiak didn't really help impose big bad east team on the west coast

Looks at scores. Sharks kicked our butt. Coyotes kicked THEIR butt...

...now is the time for riikola.

Better late than never.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Sully logic...big bad oleksiak didn't really help impose big bad east team on the west coast

Looks at scores. Sharks kicked our butt. Coyotes kicked THEIR butt...

...now is the time for riikola.

Better late than never.

This flawed logic has existed and persisted throughout the season despite evidence to the contrary—that Olek isn’t particularly physical and can’t play defense....so, per usual, I expect to see him rotated in to the lineup, as long as he remains on the roster, under the guise of toughness against bigger opponents...

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad