Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If

If you would start at 6:00 to 7:00 am and get off work at 2:00/3:00 pm come home eat, rest then hit the sack by 4:00 pm and get up at midnight for regular games and 2:00 am for west coast games.

Early bird gets the worm, and maximizes your day.

Slackers. :laugh:
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Well, for those who enjoy watching good hockey, and to pay attention to our foes, (and can't wait until 10pm) BJacks play at 7pm and the Caps play at 8pm.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Cheese?

Ha!

I ain't that generous.:laugh:
It's my favorite line to combat the snootyness of someone saying that to me because I wasn't first or earliest, say a boss or someone trying to be slick, and it usually shuts them up. Unless they are so dumb they don't even get it and I have to explain a mouse trap with cheese bait to them. Then I just wonder how they ever got anywhere in life. haha

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Because we live in civilized places where the work day doesn't start until 10:30, and it's perfectly acceptable have 3 really strong coffees before 1:30 p.m.
I don't have a problem with it starting when it does. It's nice being home at 4:45 most days and having plenty of day left. Though the rest of the civilized world also just works less than we do I think :cry:

BigEezyE22

Continuing to not support HF.
Feb 2, 2007
Jersey
If

If you would start at 6:00 to 7:00 am and get off work at 2:00/3:00 pm come home eat, rest then hit the sack by 4:00 pm and get up at midnight for regular games and 2:00 am for west coast games.

Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Well we had it tough. We used to have to get up out of the shoebox at twelve o'clock at night, and LICK the road clean with our tongues. We had half a handful of freezing cold gravel, worked twenty-four hours a day at the mill for fourpence every six years, and when we got home, our Dad would slice us in two with a bread knife.

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing 'Hallelujah.'

p.s. People say its the early bird that gets the worm but never stop to think about what happened to the early worm.

Reactions: BigEezyE22

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If

I really liked being on Taipei time because then I was 12 hours ahead of everything in Pittsburgh. Nothing like watching a game over shao bing and milk tea.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
We're veering into off-topic stuff. Hence, Degen deleting some comments. Let's bring it back to talking about the team.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t like it. They should be extra cautious with him and missing the next two will give him 3 weeks off total before the next game. A lot more reasonable than just over a week
Yeah I wasn't happy to see that bit of news. This team better not play him out of desperation. Let him sit and rest until after the allstar break.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Stackhouse was chronically underrated and overhated, mostly because he didn’t fight/wasn’t physical enough for a D (the ynizers hated that) and was tall and rangy and looked like he was a more languid skater than he actually was.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

Bye bye Oleksiak please? And I feel bad for Malkin, that's a yikes wing combination.

Don’t worry Phil is motivated

DxFTdUuWwAAt0Oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad