Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Well at least we get to play a team high up in the standings :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
I saw somewhere that we have one of the toughest remaining schedules. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing with this team. There's just something about Pittsburgh sports and playing down to the level of their competition.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well at least we get to play a team high up in the standings :laugh:

Just don’t count on a win in SJ though...we’re 5-14 in games against SJ and have lost a lot in their building and, more important to their chances, I’ll be there watching in person....

Reactions: EightyOne

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I saw somewhere that we have one of the toughest remaining schedules. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing with this team. There's just something about Pittsburgh sports and playing down to the level of their competition.

They’ll win enough to get into the playoffs but if they can’t they don’t deserve to be there (which I don’t think will be the case).

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Just don’t count on a win in SJ though...we’re 5-14 in games against SJ and have lost a lot in their building and, more important to their chances, I’ll be there watching in person....

San Jose’s team is fun as hell so even if the Pens get blown out it’ll be a fun game.

Also, Sharks fans are generally pretty cool.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Good thing in my opinion.

I think a lot of “playing down to their competition” is both the Steelers and Penguins are circled dates for opposing teams. Everyone wants to prove their better than the best.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yeah. I just think you can rule out any WPG trade and seriously debate ruling out a western trade for Brassard.

JR is a cutthroat businessman. But I don't think he's that bold.

But what team on the east wants him? Despite skill and cheap cap hit, he's almost impossible to move.
If the Western Conference is out and it's unlikely they would trade him within the division, the team that stands out to me is Buffalo. They could really use some secondary scoring and would be able to play Brassard in that typical 2C role with Okposo. That's if they decided to make a push for the playoffs, though.

I've seen Sobotka's name mentioned. I'm not sure if that's really a great option though unless they are retaining and adding. He seems like a more expensive Sheahan to me. I'd rather just get futures and use those futures somewhere else.

Reactions: EightyOne

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
what time do the normal 7:00 games start for you? I barely made it through that Kings game starting at 10:30 on a Saturday :laugh:

Midnight. That's okay, I'm used to staying up late and often start late for work. But 3 in the morning...

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It was mentioned part of the reason VGK helped the Pens by taking on $2mil of Brassards salary from OTT was to keep him out of the Western Conference.

It'd be a real jerk move for JR to send Brass to WPG, the team he was kept from going to in the first place.
Brassard going to the West would make the West worse.
I find that whole Vegas thing a bit phony... what is Brassard like Ovechkin #2?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I may take a nap in the early afternoon on order to stay up for this game.
I already did that. Felt like trash after the nap as usual... got a crackbull... felt even worse, but got a super rush... What an odd feeling... and soon I'm going to add beer and food to the mix.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Because we live in civilized places where the work day doesn't start until 10:30, and it's perfectly acceptable have 3 really strong coffees before 1:30 p.m.
10-6 was always my favorite... not early and get out still early enough to do something after work.
It was always called the party shift, but I still like it even long after my party days have ended.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If
Because we live in civilized places where the work day doesn't start until 10:30, and it's perfectly acceptable have 3 really strong coffees before 1:30 p.m.
If you would start at 6:00 to 7:00 am and get off work at 2:00/3:00 pm come home eat, rest then hit the sack by 4:00 pm and get up at midnight for regular games and 2:00 am for west coast games.

Early bird gets the worm, and maximizes your day.

Slackers. :laugh:

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad