Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
If they don’t fix this problem there might not be any postseason.

That’s the point. There is still a lot of season left but they can’t be dropping winable games right now when the playoff race is so tight. Special teams CANNOT be costing them games right now.

I agree it needs to be fixed but even if not I sincerely doubt they miss the playoffs. There's basically 9 teams that could make it in the East. So someone will be the odd team out. But I don't think it's us. My guess is the Habs miss.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

z7sHqMy.png

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Reactions: cheesedanish87

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
Phil Bourque was just on the x radio station blaming the short handed goals on Malkin and Letang. Said other teams know they’ll make a dumb play at the zone entry and they’re now game planning on it. Didn’t say anything about them having low IQS but did say the refuse to make the smart play.

Also said he would like to see an Eric Staal for Brassard trade.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Phil Bourque was just on the x radio station blaming the short handed goals on Malkin and Letang. Said other teams know they’ll make a dumb play at the zone entry and they’re now game planning on it. Didn’t say anything about them having low IQS but did say the refuse to make the smart play.

The ole 29er always seems to get on Geno but in this case I'm not sure he's wrong. Geno and Letang make a lot of careless plays up top. Kessel does too.

Honestly, so does Sid. That entire unit except for Hornqvist and Guentzel make so many high risk plays. When it works, it's brilliant, but SHG do happen because they'll try a low percentage pass instead of just working it back down low.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
These next 10 games are going to be a huge challenge.

2 against TB
1 against SJ
1 against Vegas
1 against Toronto

4 of those 5 games on the road.
Which makes dropping games to teams like the Kings all the more frustrating. You’ve got to win the games your supposed to win and at least be competitive in the tough ones.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Please dear god do not trade for Eric Staal.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
One change I'd like to see to the PP is them use the bumper position more. Most of the Pens' PP goals come off of either one time shots from Malkin, or cross-ice tap ins from one side to the other.

The other successful PPs have that guy in the deeper slot that the Pens don't seem to have. We have Horny/Jake in tight, Sid by the right post, then Malkin, Letang, and Kessel around the umbrella. But unless Sid sneaks in there every blue moon, we don't really utilize the bumper position.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh

It's not even the high risk plays they attempt that bother me. I mean it does bother me but.. it's moreso after they turn it over, they don't even care to bother and back check.

And Staal for Brassard would be larceny.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
The ole 29er always seems to get on Geno but in this case I'm not sure he's wrong. Geno and Letang make a lot of careless plays up top. Kessel does too.

Honestly, so does Sid. That entire unit except for Hornqvist and Guentzel make so many high risk plays. When it works, it's brilliant, but SHG do happen because they'll try a low percentage pass instead of just working it back down low.

Difference is Letang and Malkin can’t be careless due to their position on the first unit. I just don’t understand their lack of dedication to winning hockey.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Yep. Giving up a shorthanded goal is losing hockey. I got some advice for those guys:

Keep it simple, stupid.
So you're back to saying they're stupid players? We get it, you've made your disdain obvious. No one within the organization is above criticism, and this board is often accused of having a negative outlook, but your posts point to an agenda. That's unfortunate. Nothing destroys productive conversation faster than arguing in bad faith.

Reactions: treeni12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad