Pre-Game Talk: All Purpose Off Day Thread | Blue! My Boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
There's no harm in finding out.

He’s with the big club now, there’s always a chance of harm.

giphy.gif

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
There's no harm in finding out.

Obviously, but I’m just trying to keep expectations real with him.

He wouldn’t be the first skilled guy that wasn’t strong enough for the NHL.

It’s really the only knock on him I’m concerned with.

He’s a hard guy to gauge because of that and I honestly have no idea what they have in him. I just know he’s fun to watch.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Obviously, but I’m just trying to keep expectations real with him.

He wouldn’t be the first skilled guy that wasn’t strong enough for the NHL.

It’s really the only knock on him I’m concerned with.

He’s a hard guy to gauge because of that and I honestly have no idea what they have in him. I just know he’s fun to watch.

I'm not sure how easily it will be to gauge on a line with Cullen and Wilson.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
The only present time line western conference rivalry the penguins have is against nashville.

This game should be very rough tomorrow. Super excited and expecting a hard fought game.

Also hope someone gets a hold of Simmonds and pounds him a good one.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If this team can ever be healthy, Blueger-Cullen-ZAR should be a hell of a 4th line. And one Sullivan will trust to throw out there.

This.
I just hate watching Wilson try to make skill plays at this level tho. Also not a great puck possessor which is what would mesh with Cullen the best.
Curious to see how Johnson does and liked they called him up.

Yeah, he's been hot lately. I wouldn't mind him getting a shot. It might give the 4th line a better mix.

I remember Blandisi having more sandpaper to his game.

Yea, was pretty disappointed in Blandisi who CAN play that way but was just sorta whatever. I suppose so little ice time can do that tho...

I'm worried about the offense. It seems like unless the Crosby line is lighting it up for 3 goals in a game, the Pens are going to score 1 or less.

It would be a help if Kessel actually was a threat to score. It's crazy how ineffective the guy's been at ES.

Only thing i can say on that is with a full(er) D squad they should get more chances/shots/high danger shots. Just about converting/getting guys going right now.
They gotta simplify/figure out their PP quick too.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I'm not sure how easily it will be to gauge on a line with Cullen and Wilson.

He can use his speed to wreck a little havoc, kind of like Hagelin. That’s kind of what I’m expecting right now. If he will get to flash any of his skill, who knows.

He’s got a quick release and a nice shot, so if Cullen finds him with a little space, something good could happen.

I’m just more curious how he will handle the cycle game, given my concerns and having a guy like Wilson who is ass at reading the boards.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So if he’s playing, who’s sitting between JJ and Petts? ...better be JJ...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The easiest way to figure out who is likely to sit would be to look at the ice time last game. From that you will deduce that JJ and Gudbranson had the lowest TOI. But you need to dig a little further as well and keep in mind the importance of special teams. JJ had more SH TOI than Gudbranson and Petts did last game. But Petts did also have some pp time.

Given Gudbranson only had 40 seconds of SH time and no PP time and had the lowest TOI in the game I would guess he would be the most likely candidate to sit if Maatta were to play.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The easiest way to figure out who is likely to sit would be to look at the ice time last game. From that you will deduce that JJ and Gudbranson had the lowest TOI. But you need to dig a little further as well and keep in mind the importance of special teams. JJ had more SH TOI than Gudbranson and Petts did last game. But Petts did also have some pp time.

Given Gudbranson only had 40 seconds of SH time and no PP time and had the lowest TOI in the game I would guess he would be the most likely candidate to sit if Maatta were to play.

It makes sense except for the fact that a Sully has been basing his decisions on D lately on handedness ...he really wants three RD so I don’t see Guds sitting for Maatta (maybe for Trotman or Ruh, but I doubt that)...only a LD is out if Maatta is playing

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It makes sense except for the fact that a Sully has been basing his decisions on D lately on handedness ...he really wants three RD so I don’t see Guds sitting for Maatta (maybe for Trotman or Ruh, but I doubt that)...only a LD is out if Maatta is playing

We can't be sure its entirely on handedness when Trotman also had SH usage over Riikola. We know Sully likes handedness, but if it couldn't give Ruh the jump on Riikola, I'm not sure it'll give Gudzilla the jump over Maatta.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
MP is likely to come out. TBH I haven't been all that impressed with him lately. Not that he's been bad, but I thought he was a bit more sound the first month or so after we acquired him.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
I hope Crosby is smart enough to realize elite players never make good coaches.
I think Sid could be the exception to that rule, especially if he stays with his team, knowing so much and having all these local contacts down the wire.

I mean, it could help him use his higher intellect do the job. Who wouldn't want to play for him to start with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad