Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Names for BoSJ:

Ryusuke Taguchi
Tiger Mask IV
Rocky Romero
SHO
YOH
Will Ospreay
Taiji Ishimori
El Desperado
Taka Michinoku
Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BUSHI
Flip Gordon
Titan
Marty Scurll
Dragon Lee
Robbie Eagles
Jonathan Gresham
Bandido
Shingo Takagi
El Phantasmo (not confirmed, but suspected)

Reactions: sabremike

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
since moving to TV Azteca AAA has been doing really good. Rey de Reyes brought 1 million more viewers.
The main event ended a 5.4 million viewers. (lucha bros. vs young bucks)

(in theory more people watch Rey de Reyes than Smackdown and Raw this week...)

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Names for BoSJ:

Ryusuke Taguchi
Tiger Mask IV
Rocky Romero
SHO
YOH
Will Ospreay
Taiji Ishimori
El Desperado
Taka Michinoku
Yoshinobu Kanemaru
BUSHI
Flip Gordon
Titan
Marty Scurll
Dragon Lee
Robbie Eagles
Jonathan Gresham
Bandido
Shingo Takagi
El Phantasmo (not confirmed, but suspected)

Even with Kushida in NXT and Hiromu (still) out...that's still a great field.

You think it will be Phantasmo as the 20th participant? He'll likely debut during this Dontaku tour. It would make sense to me if he's that last entrant.

Maybe we'll see the return of Hiromu during the tour as a surprise confrontation after the tournament. I wonder he challenges the winner of the tournament. That seems like the most logical place him to show up...and then have a huge return match at Dominion for the belt he never lost.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Phantasmo is all but confirmed. One of the entrants is listed as "X" and the write up about him says something about the newest Bullet Club member and mentions the vignettes.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is he changing his name? It's not like it's a secret that he's coming to New Japan.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
He's likely debuting on Night 2 of Dontaku. There's an undercard tag match with Ospreay and Dragon Lee vs. Ishimori and a "mystery partner".

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Crockett cup
-nick Aldis defeats Marty Scurll to retain NWA heavyweight title.
-Colt Cabana new NWA national champion
-jazz vacated the title after almost 1000 days as champion and didn’t appear at the show. So Sienna is the new NWA women’s champion
-Brody king and PCO won Crokett Cup and are NEW NWA tag team champions.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Crockett cup
-nick Aldis defeats Marty Scurll to retain NWA heavyweight title.
-Colt Cabana new NWA national champion
-jazz vacated the title after almost 1000 days as champion and didn’t appear at the show. So Sienna is the new NWA women’s champion
-Brody king and PCO won Crokett Cup and are NEW NWA tag team champions.

Watched the Crockett Cup last night. Fantastic show. If Billy Corgan can ever secure a true TV deal for them (and no, Championship Wrestling from Hollywood doesn't count), they can be a player again. It was a GREAT show last night. I'm hopeful that with AEW, we'll see numerous cross overs with Impact and ROH as well. I don't know about anyone else, but I can feel an upswing happen in wrestling. This is a good thing.

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I’m watching it now.
I wish I didn’t know the results but Quebec and PCO couldn’t shut up haha.
It’s weird cuz ROH represented well. Unlike what they did with SuperCard at MSG.
All you had to do is good wrestling. Not dumb angles. (The Allure, Enzo/cass, the full street fight segment was dumb)

I wish NWA good. I like their stuff... But I read this might be the last collaboration with ROH. So I wonder if one of them will work with AEW or just play by themselves.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Watching impact ppv thing. Fenix just took the nastiest bump.
(Spanish fly from a ladder in the ring to a table outside on the ramp... he didn’t flip and just landed on steel ramp, on his head/neck.... )

edit/ posted in the pics thread:

tumblr_pqrnc2YBky1s24yedo1_400.gif

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Impact announced their paying streaming services. Impact+
will have monthly PPVs and the weekly shows. (documentaries and reality series and all the previous shows from the company)
Some of their partners will also be shown like Smash wrestling and Destiny from Canada.
7.99/month or 71.99 per year

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yo when did Impact get so much money? Like I haven’t really followed them admittedly even though they’re in much better shape now, but where did all the money come from? They had enough to pay Jericho a large sum, they have enough where people say they could have afforded Omega and now can afford Moxley. I have no idea where their financial health came from, but it’s definitely good, especially since they’re Canadian based now.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Jericho is mates with the guy running the show, so he'd be open to do something. Omega is too, and if he was doing TNA then he'd be also still doing NJPW, so he wouldn't be exclusive.

TNA is in better shape, but they still don't have any real income. They've lost a ton of talent recently, and that's keeping costs down. WWE hired a good chunk of their backstage team, many of them being real good too. Wrestlers have also left. They can't compete for anyone with money, so they are not trying to anymore.

I think the goal is to basically run like an indy promotion, except they've got better production levels, book like a TV promotion, and film it. Maybe the goal should be to become a bigger MLW, instead of competing at RoH's level. MLW are getting 50k viewers on YouTube, and that might be more than TNA is currently getting.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think impact has like +60K followers on twitch only. (where you can find it easier than whatever tv channel they're on)

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Seen that. I'm cool with that. The winner will be obvious but it should be it good match. Still pissed/baffled the took the belt off White.

Having the Jay-Tana match at New Beginning ahead of the MSG show wasn't the best booking option. If Jay is being set up to be a big deal...his first title reign should've gone on for a bit. I don't complain a lot about NJPW's booking but the hot potato-ing of the title was strange to start the year. Have to believe Okada is going to have another significant reign. The G1 will be fascinating this year.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Love how they've booked Dragon Lee as a babyface champ. He shows so much respect for Hiromu...that would set up for a huge match when he returns...be it at the end of the BOSJ tour or maybe at Dominion. That's going to be a tremendous tournament. Phantasmo had a really nice debut on Saturday.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Having the Jay-Tana match at New Beginning ahead of the MSG show wasn't the best booking option. If Jay is being set up to be a big deal...his first title reign should've gone on for a bit. I don't complain a lot about NJPW's booking but the hot potato-ing of the title was strange to start the year. Have to believe Okada is going to have another significant reign. The G1 will be fascinating this year.
That hot shotting doesn’t happen if Kenny stays. He would have dropped it to Okada at MSG.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
silverking.jpg
Silver King died today in London, after having a health issue during his match against Juventud Guerrera.
(he was the Son of Dr. Wagner and Brother of Dr. Wagner jr.)

edit: the issue was a stroke in the ring. during the match. (he was 51)

im so sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad