Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Forgot about the Jeff Cobb match. Although I wouldn't put it past them to make Ospreay work twice. If it's not Ospreay, I have a hard time seeing Okada or Tanahashi not being in the spot.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Good tournament overall. I'd put that final match in the top 5 but wasn't either Okada or Sanada's best matches. I still love Sanada-Suzuki. Ishii-Okada was fantasic as well...probably my #2. Gotta put Ibushi-Naito up there and the Ospreay-Archer match was sneaky good.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Cain Velasquez just signed with AAA for a fight at Triplemania.

also after declaring that "wrestling is fake".
we dont know who he's fighting yet. but it was La parka and Psycho Clown who called him out at the first TripleMania announcement a few weeks ago.

edit: he'll be wearing a mask "because of tradition" (lol..... contradictory shit)
and Pentagon, Texano jr and Psycho Clown challenged him. (still not match announced)
WhatsApp-Image-2019-03-26-at-12.46.56-PM-1024x576.jpeg

Attachments

• cain.jpg
    cain.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
AAA will hold a press conference on mania weekend at MSG.
Expected to announce a September show at MSG and a rumour is that it will be a Lucha Libre cup with AEW.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I believe this past weekend was a Shimmer weekend, so we need to hear from @quoipourquoi. Rumor was Mercedes Martinez got hurt taking a splash or something

Reactions: quoipourquoi

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I believe this past weekend was a Shimmer weekend, so we need to hear from @quoipourquoi. Rumor was Mercedes Martinez got hurt taking a splash or something

Yeah, her ribs from what I heard. I went on Saturday, but I didn’t want to stick around all weekend. Definitely seems like the rise in prominence of women’s wrestling in other promotions has decimated Shimmer’s roster - and without Nicole Matthews, Madison Eagles, Saraya Knight, Tessa Blanchard, and LuFisto to help fill up the card this time, it was a little underwhelming outside of the Martinez/Cheerleader Melissa tag team.

Session Moth Martina, however, is just the greatest. Her character was a real standout and is worth going out to see live. Talked a little with her afterward and I still couldn’t tell if she lives her gimmick of the party girl or just doesn’t ever break.

Shazza McKenzie coming up short of winning the title has me wondering how they’ll eventually transition the title off Nicole Savoy. No one else has really captured my attention, but they’re obviously not in a position to build around just anybody any more with how many of their wrestlers have moved on to WWE, Impact, and now AEW.

A lot of the talk was about Becky main eventing WrestleMania. Still pretty surreal. So much has changed from the years when Shimmer was like the All-Star Game of women’s wrestling. Different vibe these past few times.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, her ribs from what I heard. I went on Saturday, but I didn’t want to stick around all weekend. Definitely seems like the rise in prominence of women’s wrestling in other promotions has decimated Shimmer’s roster - and without Nicole Matthews, Madison Eagles, Saraya Knight, Tessa Blanchard, and LuFisto to help fill up the card this time, it was a little underwhelming outside of the Martinez/Cheerleader Melissa tag team.

Session Moth Martina, however, is just the greatest. Her character was a real standout and is worth going out to see live. Talked a little with her afterward and I still couldn’t tell if she lives her gimmick of the party girl or just doesn’t ever break.

Shazza McKenzie coming up short of winning the title has me wondering how they’ll eventually transition the title off Nicole Savoy. No one else has really captured my attention, but they’re obviously not in a position to build around just anybody any more with how many of their wrestlers have moved on to WWE, Impact, and now AEW.

A lot of the talk was about Becky main eventing WrestleMania. Still pretty surreal. So much has changed from the years when Shimmer was like the All-Star Game of women’s wrestling. Different vibe these past few times.

Where does one come up the the name “Session Moth?”

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ive never seen her wrestle, but i know her because her greet and meets are hilarious. she jumps and wraps her legs around you. she grinds the fans and twerks.... and every one of them has a really stupid surprised happy face.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
cinco de mayo is one of the few wars we won, thats it... but i cant remember celebrating that ever when i was living there. i always thought of it as St-Patricks day.... where everyone (not mexican) just uses it as an excuse to get drunk and eat tacos.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
cinco de mayo is one of the few wars we won, thats it... but i cant remember celebrating that ever when i was living there. i always thought of it as St-Patricks day.... where everyone (not mexican) just uses it as an excuse to get drunk and eat tacos.

I never need an excuse to do that. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the press conference still going. its a full American expansion they're doing. A Los Angeles show was also announced. no date or venue.
Also they signed Tessa Blanchard. (she's dating Daga so i guess they both wanna work together in Impact and AAA)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Do they have a US TV deal? I heard they might be on some sister station that might air in the States

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
not sure. for now most of their shows are on Twitch in spanish and english.
in mexico they got this super deal when they left Televisa for TV Azteca. i know they'll show TripleMania for free for the first time ever.
but seriously no clue about their plans in the US, besides the 2 shows and using the term "expansion to America"

edit: more on the press conference: theyre gonna start touring Europe too and Impact/AEW will be involved. and tickets are available.... may 5th of course lol.

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The field for BOSJ26 will be announced on the 23rd. Will we see the return of Hiromu? The division really needs him back.

Upcoming notable matches:
Juice vs. Fale for the U.S. title and Ibushi vs. ZSJ for the IC title at Sengoku Lord on the 20th

Sho-Yoh vs. Bushi-Takagi for Jr. tag titles at Road to Dontaku on the 26th

IWGP Tag titles on the line and Goto vs. White (non-title) at Wrestling Hi no Kuni on the 29th

Cobb vs. Taichi for the NEVER openweight title and Dragon Lee vs. Ishimori for the junior title on Night 1 of Dontaku on May 3; Ishii vs. EVIL (non-title) and Okada vs. SANADA for the IWGP title on Night 2 (May 4)

And then BOSJ26 starts on May 13...buckle up. Dominion is on June 6.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
-IWS Montreal has landed a deal with Fight Network. with RDS 2 deal already in french. this local indy company will now be broadcasting in two languages, in two networks! <3 <3 <3

-ex-WWE stars Enzo Amore and Big Cass opened up about their reunion in a new interview, saying “this isn’t about having great matches, it’s about raising hell.” lolllllll (Sports Illustrated)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->