Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The Japanese shows for "The New Beginning..." have been announced. No idea what they're doing with the shows in the States.

Sapporo Night 1: a few attraction matches with no titles (Okada-Tanahashi vs. White-Fale is the main event)
Sapporo Night 2: the IWGP tag, the IWGP junior tag and the IWGP intercontinental titles are on the line

Osaka: Taguchi challenges Ishimori for the junior title and Jay White vs. Tanahashi for the heavyweight title

Iizuka is retiring at the New Japan Road show.

As I said before...seems awful damn fast for them to go with Switchblade vs. Tana. Something screwy is going to happen because you can't have Jay lose this after how he's being built up and Tanahashi just won the belt off Kenny, who didn't have the greatest reign and it wouldn't make sense to have the belt on a third different person since last summer at Okada's huge run with the title. It's really difficult to figure out what's going on with Bullet Club, Okada and Tanahashi. LIJ and Suzuki-gun have their own feuds right now.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Kushida's final match will be against Tanahashi on Jan 29th

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Fite tv will show the Cold Wars PPV. 100% of the buys will be given to the Buffalo brothers, that got into a huge car accident, while driving back home from Montreal.

(if any of you wants or can help)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Dave Meltzer has given his ratings for Wrestle Kingdom 13

Gauntlet Match 1: 1.75 Stars
Gauntlet Match 2: 3 Stars
Gauntlet Match 3: 1.50 Stars
Gauntlet Match 4: 3 Stars
Will Ospreay/Kota Ibushi: 4.75 Stars
Roppongi 3K/Bushi & Takagi/Kanemaru & Desperado: 3.25 Stars
Zack Sabre Jr/Tomohiro Ishii: 4.25 Stars
Young Bucks/Guerrillas of Destiny/EVIL & Sanada: 4 Stars
Cody Rhodes/Juice Robinson: 3 Stars
KUSHIDA/Taiji Ishimori: 3.50 Stars
Jay White/Kazuchika Okada: 4.50 Stars
Chris Jericho/Tetsuya Naito: 4.75 Stars
Kenny Omega/Hiroshi Tanahashi: 5.50 Stars

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
That's a good signing for RoH. WWE were meant to have been interested in him too.

Seems RoH is going the route of signing the Mexican stars and only requiring exclusivity in the states, letting them still work with whoever in Mexico.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
according to Meltzer: Andrade (Cien almas) was the one to convince Rush to not sign with WWE and go elsewhere.... huhuh

after AEW; the Crash will also be working with OWE too.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So, the NJPW tour next week will not have any Japanese wrestlers. None of them could get their visas because of the shutdown.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I saw the cards for those three shows and looked at it sideways because it looked weak...but I suppose I understand that circumstance. Granted, you have Juice, Killer Elite Squad, Marty, Jeff Cobb and Best Friends...good names but none of the notable Japanese stars. I wouldn't be too thrilled if I had a ticket to any of those shows. The Tennessee show is the same day as the start of the two Sapporo shows so it's not like they were going to get the top stars.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Televisa is dropping AAA after 27 years... they found a new home.
but it might hurt them. Televisa is the big network in mexico. after the mayweather/Mcgreggor fight they showed TripleMania which became one of the most watched wrestling match in North America for the last 30 years. (22.3 rating)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
and now AAA goes to TV Azteca. Televisa's no.1 rival. this is funny.... no one saw it comming. good for them.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Kitamura is now officially gone from NJPW, after being out with injury for a year. It was a crushed leg that he's been recovering from, and he decided not to re-sign.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Mark Andrews and Trent Seven are coming to Montreal's IWS for their 20th anniversary.
kinda weird they dont let them get Bates. They're literally the company's tag team champion with Seven....... let them drop it here, please huhuh.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Ivelisse Velez, Joey Ryan and Thunder Rosa (aka Kobra Moon) joined Hijo del Fantasma on the Class action lawsuit against Lucha Underground

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
A little behind on the shows but it sounds like Naito wants next for the heavyweight title...or at least he'll challenge sometime soon.

I can see the title match going either way on Monday. Gotta believe Okada will beat Fale because what would Fale winning accomplish?

Ishimori has to hold the junior belt for a while because he seems like the most legit junior in the company right now. If Hiromu can ever return, what a moment to have him take his title back off a long-reigning champ like Ishimori.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Marty Scurll challenging Nick Aldis for the NWA belt at the Crockett Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->