Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dave saying this morning that the spot wasn’t scripted. Maybe JR wasn’t supposed to fall off his chair, but I don’t know about the interaction between Josh Barnett and Jay White that seemed worked to me. Josh didn’t see if JR was ok before hitting the ring, and I highly doubt they would just let him get in the ring if he wasn’t supposed to.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
josh barnett did look pissed. but yeah i assumed it was a work.
i would be mad if i wasnt informed at that age that i was gonna break my rib.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Sometimes I think a lot of the outside stuff in NJPW, like grabbing the young boys and just beating the crap out of them, is called on the fly and this was sort of like that.

I know some of the guys hate JR and Barnett as announcers because they feel they don't work at learning the product and don't care for the high flyers.

By the time Barnett stood up, two people had helped JR to his feet anyway.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If you are in the N.Y. Metro area on July 21st the Empire Supporters Club presents Forza Lucha 6, our annual fundraiser at the Holy Cross Rec Center in Harrison a short walk on Frank Rodgers Blvd from Red Bull Arena (where we will be playing NE that night). This year's show is a tribute to one of our most beloved members Glenn Stamp who tragically passed away last year. Doors are at 1pm and the show starts at 2pm. Admission is $10 and kids 13 and under are free. These shows are ALWAYS a total blast so you don't want to miss it. The main event is Forza Lucha legend Oleg the Usurper vs Matt "Bad Apple" MacIntosh. There will also be the first ever "Small Children Bring The Weapons" 3 way tag match in the history of this great sport!

Reactions: Morozov

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I say it every year, but maybe this is the year I finally attend Mania (weekend). It's too bad that the NJPW/ROH show would go against NXT, but I think that's how it's been the last couple of years.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
never sure of the sources. but c.an always count on people here to confirm.

i think it would suck to miss nxt, but a njpw show at MSG sounds majestic.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Haven't seen them add any extra tag matches...would be nice if the G1 shows were just the 5 block matches each night.

I don't have any leans in this tourney which is good. I'm ready to be entertained and surprised. Going to be a fun month of wrestling.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
His patriotic getup for the show was quite...flamboyant.

He'll have a decent showing in the G1 I'm sure. They used the G1 last year for Juice to get a surprise win over Kenny to get a US title shot. They do some interesting stuff with the booking of the block matches because they set up future title feuds. With Jericho not there...they've got 3 of the 4 major belts all in the same block.

I feel like a Kenny-Tama Tonga title feud will come out of this...especially after the fallout from Cow Palace. Tama beats Kenny in their block match and earns a title shot at Destruction. I could see SANADA in another title feud...either with Goto or Juice.

Gun to my head...I see Ibushi winning an emotional match over Kenny to win B Block. A Block...it's winner of the Okada-Tanahashi match on August 10. I think Okada-Ibushi in the G1 final is the best story.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Oh man, Takahashi pulled off a code red after breaking his neck. Tough to watch.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Switchblade has now taken over the #2 heel in the world role after Cody kinda turned face. Ciampa is #1 right now, but Switchblade is just awesome. Great match too.

Tonight's card looks absolutely insane.

Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.
Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito

Plus... JUICE!!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
damn I wanted to watch day 2 live but slept in haha

ive heard it was very good though, probably watch once ive woken up a bit

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Switchblade has now taken over the #2 heel in the world role after Cody kinda turned face. Ciampa is #1 right now, but Switchblade is just awesome. Great match too.

Plus... JUICE!!

I’m not so sure Cody is staying face. He probably has to be face with All In upcoming, kind of doesn’t make sense to promote a show where you’re supposed to be the bad guy.

I’ve liked Switchblade from the start, just needs time to develop his character, and get his in-ring up to speed. He’ll get there. NJPW also needs gaijins ready to elevate quickly if Omega and the Young Bucks leave.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Day 2 was awesome...check it out.

The Switchblade character is really taking shape. He was all talk early on and losing his belt makes him come unhinged a bit more. Him taking on Okada for leadership is Chaos is a good angle for him.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

Plus... JUICE!!
Suzuki > Ciampa > White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad