Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Nah, Juice & X-Pac said it best on X-Pac's podcast. Suzuki is too much of a bad-ass to be universally hated. White, Ciampa, and (Cody) were so douchey that even though you're a "smart fan" you still want to boo them because they're just that slimy.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
New Japan has a much different heel-face dynamic. You have a few guys who are to both extremes, and then they let guys in the middle flow organically until there’s a specific booking event they need to get over.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Interesting booking so far in A Block...

Jay White is a total bastard...winning dirty over two of the top faces in the company. He's got wins over Kenny, Okada and Tana this year.

Elgin has looked really impressive. Looking forward to his match with White on Friday.

The BCOG playing a big part in Fale's matches so far. Tama is a more direct heel while White is more of a righteous heel.

Okada looking very vulnerable right now. Would be wild if they Page pick him off and put him 0-3.

Tanahashi looking crazy strong. I actually thought he was going to overcome White's cheating but the right choice was to put Switchblade over continue to build his heat with the crowd.

They make a big deal about Suzuki's 30 years and he starts 0-2.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They have to build up Jay White because of the double-ended gaijin scene they have: the desire to push them, and the chances they will start losing them.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Juice and Kota was fantastic. So was Ishii and Naito. Omega and Goto was good too.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Edwards and Dreamer just had a match right out of ECW. I was the biggest ECW fan ever and still think it was the greatest promotion ever. That said it's just like the era of crazy fights and line brawls in the NHL: It was amazing to live through but given all we now know it just can't happen in 2018.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
its been actually really, really good since the right people took over.

.. but no idea it was tonight tho haha. will try to watch. i got caught on the G1.
It was a good show but I remind myself these people are still the same people who couldn't pay wrestlers and production staff on time.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Saw the 40 man MLW Battle Riot and it was actually pretty good. Match was an hour but they kept it interesting and it never dragged. It kept my attention all the way, I never once thought "is this going to end soon?" so it was a success. Their TV is actually real good and worth checking out.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I've basically watched nothing but the G1 for the last two weeks. Slowly catching up to it...I'll finish Sunday morning's show tonight. I've never watched it from start to finish but this has been a lot of fun. Ishii isn't having the best tournament in terms of wins but has the best match resume. Ibushi has been brilliant as well. A Block has been alright but it's coming to a predictable resolution. Jay White's heel work continues to be well done and the BCOG angle has so much potential.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
ALL IN will be broadcast on PPV and Fite network. the first hour will be free on WGN America

also Bucks teasing WWE, on being the elite,with contract talks and ending the show at full sail.
(i know they're trolls but...)

Last edited:

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Kenny leaving New Japan would sting a million times more than the Bucks leaving. Those guys have a bit of a mercenary vibe to them while still being indie to their core. They'd have a good time in WWE running around with New Day and the Usos and the Bar and Gallows and Anderson. The Hardys aren't really a thing anymore.

If I was to bet one any of the Elite to leave...it's the Bucks. Cody has his obvious reasons for not wanting to return and Kenny is the top guy in Japan right now. Creative is so important to those guys so I wonder what kind of freedom they'd have in WWE.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
This is happening next week down the street

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180808-080457_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20180808-080457_Facebook.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 12

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think there’s a chance the Bucks go to the WWE. They can be good merch movers and so I would expect the WWE always to keep them in a prominent role like a New day. That said, I also thought American Alpha, The Revival and Gallows/Anderson would all be prominent tag teams and we know how that worked out.

I don’t think Kenny Omega will go unless WWE gives him a ridiculous contract.

I do see Cody Rhodes back one day. He had to leave to establish himself as Cody again and get away from StarDust. It gives him leverage to where if WWE approaches him, he can say he wants the Cody Rhodes name and whatnot.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Did anyone get tickets to the roh/njpw G1 at MSG mania weekend? I was 1 of 4 guys in our group trying to get tickets and we walked away with nothing. We were looking for 7 seats together or 4/3. I never found anything other than singles, and even those were several hundred dollars for floor.

Boooooo. Good for ROH though. I’m thrilled for them.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
For Montreal: there’s a taco festival on September 9th and IWS is bringing ARGENIS and PSYCHOSIS from AAA to fight Mike Bailey and Green Phantom

Flip Gordon tours Quebec in September too. One stop in Montreal

British strong style also headline the next IWS in September. Probably last time cuz the UK project is a go

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Okada visiting MExico on friday. fans legit mad he's not main-eventing.

and lets light a candle cuz he's in the ring with original sin cara. pray for his health.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Some big matches being announced for Destruction and King of Pro Wrestling.

Hiroshima (9-15) -- Omega vs. Ishii (IGWP heavyweight title)
Beppu (9-17) -- Goto vs. Taichi (NEVER openweight title) / Suzuki vs. Naito (non-title)
Kobe (9-23) -- Bushi vs. Kushida (Jr. title semifinal) / Tanahashi vs. Okada (WK main event on the line)

Long Beach (9-30) -- Robinson vs. Cody (US title) / Young Bucks vs. Guerillas of Destiny (IGWP tag titles) / Ospreay vs. Scurll (Jr. title semifinal)

King of Pro Wrestling (10-8) -- Finals for the Jr. title

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Hrm, I did not realize NJPW was doing another Long Beach show. Wish it was on Saturday instead of Sunday, but I might be able to make this one. Tickets seem readily available, but also seem to be more expensive than before; Then again, those shows seemed to sell out before I had a chance to commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad