Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
-AAA will announce today a partnership with Facebook watch. its gonna be a tournament that will air every wednesday until December 19th.

-Being the Elite confirms on Jericho's cruise that they're The Elite moving foward. no longer Bullet Club. (marty included)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Also on NXT guys going else where, Axel Dieter Jr. (Marcel Barthel in NXT) is going to be on the WXW 18th anniversary show.

There's talk of WXW signing on with WWE à la PROGRESS and ICW and being the German NXT. (If you can't sign Walter, sign his promotion..!)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
-AAA will announce today a partnership with Facebook watch. its gonna be a tournament that will air every wednesday until December 19th.

-Being the Elite confirms on Jericho's cruise that they're The Elite moving foward. no longer Bullet Club. (marty included)

Dave talked about this regarding the Elite. This was a NJPW booking decision. An indication that they don't know what the Elite are going to do next year and needed to move on. Dave talked about that even if the Young Bucks don't jump to WWE, that they may want to work less Japan dates.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for what its worth on the same cruise. Cody said HE's not going or planning to go back to WWE and his goal is ALL IN 2.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rey Mysterio posted a video (NSFW) of his cabin there, it was totally insane

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Haven't followed Jr. Tag League enough...just two matches left. The big show is on Saturday...Power Struggle. Goto replaces Ospreay to face Taichi. Jericho vs. EVIL will be good. Kenny returns to tag with Kota against Tanahashi and Finlay. Jay and Fale vs. Okada and Beretta...we've been waiting on someone inside CHAOS to turn on Okada, could this be the night?

I haven't seen who the teams are going to be for World Tag League...that's a team's ticket to Tokyo Dome to face the champs.

The card for January 3 should start taking shape. Seems inevitable that Jay is facing Okada. That's been a good build. Kenny and Tanahashi will be great. I was looking at Wrestlingdata and I was surprised to see that they've only faced each other 1-on-1 just once...back in '16 for the IC title at New Beginning. The title was vacated after Nakamura beat AJ at WK10.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
It's gotta be either Beretta or YOSHI-HASHI joining White.

YH is Okada's boy/partner and basically always jobs, so he's exactly the kind of guy Jay would be talking about. Beretta makes sense by both process of elimination (It won't be RPG 3k and highly doubt it's Yano, Ospreay or Ishii. Which then leaves him, YH and Goto) and the fact his recent challenging of Cody falls inline with the BCOG/Elite feud.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
WK13 card coming together...

Kenny-Tanahashi
Jericho-Naito
Okada-White
Kushida-Ishimori
3-way Jr. Tag match (same teams as finals of Jr. Tag League)

Kinda lame that had Jericho deny Naito the match after Power Struggle only to have it get announced at the press conference. Unfortunately, you can't really build that match through Tag League since Jericho probably won't be around. It would seem logical that Naito will go over this time.​

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Really thought we were eventually going to get Jericho/Okada for the belt until they gave Jay that push.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
WK13 card coming together...

Kenny-Tanahashi
Jericho-Naito
Okada-White
Kushida-Ishimori
3-way Jr. Tag match (same teams as finals of Jr. Tag League)

Kinda lame that had Jericho deny Naito the match after Power Struggle only to have it get announced at the press conference. Unfortunately, you can't really build that match through Tag League since Jericho probably won't be around. It would seem logical that Naito will go over this time.​
Ishii vs Sabre Jr. for the RevPro title has also been added.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Cool. As much as I like Ishii vs. Suzuki...I like Zack in that spot. Zack beat Ishii in their recent G1 block match.

Trying to decide who I'm picking in World Tag League. If Ishii and Zack have a match in WK13, then you can eliminate those teams. I'll guess either Killer Elite Squad or Evil-Sanada. Page-Yujiro would be my darkhorse pick...have an Elite vs. Bullet Club match on the card somewhere.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
the AAA facebook watch show; Lucha Capital is pretty fun. it has this indy vibe. im guessing they're in a tv studio. super small crowds. fun matches.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
AXS TV will start broadcasting “same-week coverage” of NJPW events with Kevin Kelly and Don Callis. ( Jim Ross and Josh Barnett are out for good).
the deal starts in January with "same-day" coverage of Wrestle Kingdom.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So still airing on Fridays but the Friday after said show?

And are they moving to 2 hours instead of splitting up events into 2-3 episodes?

Probably have to wait for WOR for more on this, because they'll talk about it. It's a pretty significant news item. But NJPW doesn't do enough weekly shows for AXS to air it the same week, and they still want people to sign up for NJPW World. But going to Kevin Kelly and Don Callis probably means AXS will just air the NJPW stream, which means a lot less editing and likely a better presentation as a result, and also a quicker turnaround time. Although with Jim Ross and Josh Barnett, they were down to a few weeks or so depending on how important the event was.

On Josh Barnett, Dave and Bryan talked about this sometime last week, but the spot with Jay White from the San Francisco show - which I think is known by now was not a work - appears to be a reason why he is getting axed. Like they didn't say it was a reason, but it's kind of like they didn't say it wasn't a reason. I thought he was fine, like he was good for that level of presentation. But going to Kelly/Callis is a significant difference in the level they expect.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
So still airing on Fridays but the Friday after said show?

And are they moving to 2 hours instead of splitting up events into 2-3 episodes?

basically its gonna be on the "closest" Fridays and it'll be aired in parts i believe

AXS TV’s upcoming NJPW schedule is tentatively as follows:
  • Jan. 4 – Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)
  • Jan. 11 – Wrestle Kingdom 13 (2 hours)
  • Jan. 18 – Wrestle Kingdom 13
  • Jan. 25 – New Year Dash
  • Feb. 1 – New Year Dash
  • Feb. 8 – New Beginning in Sapporo
  • Feb. 15 – New Beginning in Sapporo
  • Feb. 22 – New Beginning in Sapporo

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
El Cuervo woke up after successful surgery.

tonight big names in mexico are putting together a show, where all the money goes to pay the bills.
for those who dont know Angel o Demonio threw a concrete brick at Cuervo's head during a hardcore match.

Angel y Demonio put the blame on Cuervo, saying he started it by giving stiff chair shots at the begining of the match.
and that he's no extreme wrestler so its the promoters fault.
needless to say everyone wants to kill him now and his career is over.

the video is out there, basically everywhere if you wanna see it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->