Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 3 [Impact coming to AXS in October]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Marty could do well for himself in 205 Live now that 205 Live is great

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Bucks and Marty both announced their most recent shirts are their “last” in the bullet club design.

Ofc the Twitter world rushed to say “WWE!!!” (Which may end up being true in a few months) But my guess is it’s more of The Elite slowly breaking off from BC completely.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think Marty's contract doesn't expire when theirs does.

Kind of wild to see if Cody would jump back so soon, and to see how much more ridiculous WWE's roster would become if they all jumped over. They won't be used well regardless because eventually they'll all become fodder to The Shield, which I would be okay with if The Shield 2.0 wasn't just being done to get Roman over.

Kenny/AJ will never be what it could have been elsewhere, just like AJ/Nakamura was awful.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Contract? or lack of interest from one side or the other?

He might have a different contract and I don't know if he's signed to New Japan, just works there through the relationship with ROH.

When they had that promo after All In, he wasn't part of it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
IIRC; The Young Bucks and Hangman Page are available in November, while Cody and Kenny become available in January.

I know there's some that expire in November and some that expire in January. I assume the ones who expire in November will just work on per appearence fees until January and then they will all decide together.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think Marty's contract doesn't expire when theirs does.

Kind of wild to see if Cody would jump back so soon, and to see how much more ridiculous WWE's roster would become if they all jumped over. They won't be used well regardless because eventually they'll all become fodder to The Shield, which I would be okay with if The Shield 2.0 wasn't just being done to get Roman over.

Kenny/AJ will never be what it could have been elsewhere, just like AJ/Nakamura was awful.

IIRC, Cody only left because of the Stardust character right? He wanted to go back to being Cody Rhodes, and Vince wouldn't let him. So he left and made himself a star under the Cody name. There were some issues with the WarGames and Starcade stuff, but that seems to be over with now. So if WWE gave him a good offer, and allowed him to be Cody or Cody Rhodes like he wants, I see him as the likeliest to return.

Kenny Omega... easily the one guy who would be a star. He'd be like AJ Styles. He'd get a very good push.

Young Bucks.... I'm not sure. They would get off to a hot start with easy feuds against New Day, Uso's, but after that? Will they stay at the top of the division or will they be sent to the bottom like Gallows/Anderson did?

Hangman Page... I don't know a whole lot about him, but I imagine he would fall into the low mid-card somewhere.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
IIRC, Cody only left because of the Stardust character right? He wanted to go back to being Cody Rhodes, and Vince wouldn't let him. So he left and made himself a star under the Cody name. There were some issues with the WarGames and Starcade stuff, but that seems to be over with now. So if WWE gave him a good offer, and allowed him to be Cody or Cody Rhodes like he wants, I see him as the likeliest to return.

Kenny Omega... easily the one guy who would be a star. He'd be like AJ Styles. He'd get a very good push.

Young Bucks.... I'm not sure. They would get off to a hot start with easy feuds against New Day, Uso's, but after that? Will they stay at the top of the division or will they be sent to the bottom like Gallows/Anderson did?

Hangman Page... I don't know a whole lot about him, but I imagine he would fall into the low mid-card somewhere.
yeah but you're forgetting The Shield factor. Roman Reigns is in The Shield, therefore, The Elite will all attack The Shield, pick up one fluke win over them, and then lose 3-on-5 handicap matches for 3 consecutive PPVs until their momentum is dead in an attempt to get Roman more over.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
bound for glory 2018 tonight.

Austin Aries (c) vs Johnny Impact (Impact World Championshi)
Tessa Blanchard (c) vs Taya Valkyrie (Knockouts Champion)
Sami Callihan & oVe vs Brian Cage & the Lucha Brothers (OVE rules match)
Eddie Edwards vs Moose
LAX & Konnan vs OGZ & King (Concrete Jungle Deathmatch)
Rich Swann & Willie Mack vs Ethan Page & Matt Sydal
Allie vs Su Yung at the Undead Realm
Eli Drake Open Challenge (NYC Wrestlers Only)

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sounds like they're trying to do like 4 final deletions on the card
That was sort of my problem with the show they did a while ago. It was a good show, but half the card was hardcore matches so I had no interest in watching it.

It sucks 'cos they've got a really nice roster right now, but they just seem to be going in the exact direction to make me never watch.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
love the presentations of their shows. bringing local wrestlers where they are.
will take a look. big rumors on the first match.

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
That ending to the World title match. Did Aries just quit or something? He just walked out lol.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Was the surprise tag partner any good? I want wrestling as a whole to get better and better but it seems remarks across the interwebz (where it is usually angry anyway) are not good with this PPV. After about 10 steps forward, was this 1 step back? Or are people, as usual, over reacting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad