Indy: All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread -- Part 2 [NJPW G1 Special in San Francisco July 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
For some reason I thought we were getting two nights of NJPW in long beach this time as well like the G1 Special. I'm quite relieved as the 4.5 hours of amazing wrestling last night was exhausting! Can't wait for Cody and Omega now

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I can't wait to see the year long culmination of all this leading to the expulsion of Cody. The storytelling is going to be fantastic.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I can't wait to see the year long culmination of all this leading to the expulsion of Cody. The storytelling is going to be fantastic.

They fire Cody from Bullet Club and then Kenny turns on Ibushi revealing it was all part of his plan to get rid of Cody. That's a way to draw mega heat.

But I'm not sure you can do that while keeping Cody a heel.

Argh, I didn't think I'd need to extend the four hour recording.

I extending but only 15 minutes. I missed the whole end stuff with Cody and then Omega's promo. Found it on youtube though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m not sure at that point keeping Kenny as a heel is the purpose

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Sakura Genesis card for Sunday:

Okada (c) vs Zack Sabre Jr. - IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Golden Lovers (Kota Ibushi & Kenny Omega) vs Hangman Page & Cody
Will Ospreay (c) vs Marty Scurll - IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Sho & Yoh vs El Desperado & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs Hiromu Takahashi & Bushi - IWGP Junior Tag Team Championship
Sanada, Evil, & Tetsuya Naito vs Davey Boy Smith Jr., Lance Archer, & Minoru Suzuki
David Finlay, Juice Robinson, & Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Yoshi-Hashi, & Jay White, & Hirooki Goto
Tanga Loa, Tama Tonga, & Bad Luck Fale (c) vs Ryusuke Taguchi, & Michael Elgin, & Togi Makabe - NEVER Six-Man Tag Team Championship
Toru Yano & Tomohiro Ishii vs Taichi & Takashi Iizuka
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They fire Cody from Bullet Club and then Kenny turns on Ibushi revealing it was all part of his plan to get rid of Cody. That's a way to draw mega heat.

But I'm not sure you can do that while keeping Cody a heel.

I extending but only 15 minutes. I missed the whole end stuff with Cody and then Omega's promo. Found it on youtube though.
Nah Kenny stays babyface.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That really is incredible. Even moreso because it's Ibushi's move

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
El Mesias (mil muertes Lucha Underground) quit AAA.... cuz they trademarked his name/gimmick without him knowing.

f***ing mess those guys.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
PWG is leaving their home venue:

The building was up for sale and has sold, some speculation is that it's being pulled down for redevelopment.

Hopefully this means they're moving somewhere bigger so fans can actually get tickets...

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Obviously sad to see the Legion go but as a fan living in the area this is great news, maybe tickets won’t sell out in 2 minutes now

Part of me thinks PWG could fill a good chunk of Staples Center for BOLA, obviously not realistic for them to run a show there but for arguments sake

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I think they could fill a real good chunk of a 10K+ arena if they tried. There are a ton of people who have never been able to get tickets, so you'll be able to sell to all of them. I've got a few friends here that have money already set aside to a trip to PWG should they ever manage to get tickets, and I'm sure there are far more like that who are more local.

Obviously it'll have to be a one off thing as it wouldn't be sustainable, but it would be interesting to see how much of a big building they could fill.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Any word yet on when tickets for All In go on sale? I caught some bad luck last time The Young Bucks were in town, and the re-sale prices were outrageous.

El Mesias (mil muertes Lucha Underground) quit AAA.... cuz they trademarked his name/gimmick without him knowing.

****ing mess those guys.

That's dirty.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've not really followed the All In show closely, but I'm sure they'll announce them via the All In twitter account when they're going to be on sale. But Meltzer'll talk about it on his shows, so I'll post if he mentions anything about tickets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Will Ospreay won, and on another note, somehow did not die

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Alberta El Patron fired after no showing the TNA vs Lucha Underground event. Is there any wrestling group that he hasn't pissed off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->