All-Purpose Non-WWE Discussion Thread: NWA, IMPACT, AAA, and MLW, etc

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Can we have NJPW, AAA, TNA, and MLW in the title? I think they would be a more fitting set of promotions to name.

And 'cos it got truncated:

And here is the Observer article with some more information.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
There was speculation over the presser with NJPW this morning and I wondered if it had to do with a possible women's division.

Having an official US operation makes sense. They've really gotten behind the LA Dojo and they've obviously toured the States a lot more this year. I'd love to see a proper New Japan show come to the Midwest because they've been playing to the coasts too much. There's always ROH shows with New Japan talent that play in the Midwest.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
La Parka is alive, he had surgery, but hes really in a terrible situation.
looks like broken neck and face.

AAA just had a press release. (its in spanish. wont post)

:(

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
TNA is dead but Impact will always have that weird crap following them, this is a gem:

at All GLory (indy show by Impact the day before Bound For Glory")
they literally had to stop the stream because they were using Josh Matthews phone..... and he needed it back. lmao

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
NWA Powerrr is amazing. i just need music for their entrances.
what a beautiful show.

I find it pretty enjoyable in its current form. I doubt that newish wrestling fans would like it but who knows. I like the duration, I like the old NWA presentation style, I really like the promos. The roster needs work but for what it is it's a quality show. I'm expecting good things (entertainment wise) from Aron Stevens.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jericho vs. Tanahashi, Wrestle Kingdom 14 night 2 (January 5)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
the intro to the show is tremendous, and the promo's the talent cut are refreshing after watching that garbage on Raw where nobody sounds authentic

I've only caught bits and pieces of a couple episodes, but the promos are soooo much better than the robotic heavily-scripted promos WWE put on. And none of this "say a sentence, brief pause, and say another sentence" crap all night long where 98% of the time all the wrestler did was give the audience time to "WHAT?" them.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just cannot get into Powerrr. It feels like a parody more than an actual show. It honestly feels like Anchorman or even Southpaw Regional Wrestling. But they are 100 percent serious.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
Just got back from Shimmer. Kimber Lee is the new champion, but the bigger story might be that they let Shotzi Blackheart submit Nicole Savoy (their longest-reigning champion) in Shotzi’s final match with Shimmer. Wild.

No real standouts on Sunday. The crowd randomly turned Veda Scott when she got a louder than usual pop, acknowledged it, and then everyone just went all out for it the rest of the match.

Zoey Skye (formerly Dust) seems to be getting positioned as the top good guy now that the title is off Nicole Savoy. She beat Mercedes Martinez even with constant interference from Cheerleader Melissa (which makes me think one of the two will eventually turn on the other, now that they lost the tag belts and aren’t effective at cheating).

No one really had must-have merch. My wife bought a shaker cup from Zoey Skye though.

Reactions: ColePens

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
NWA Power is just a fun show. It's completely different from WWE or AEW or other shows, and other than aesthetic it isn't so similar to old NWA shows either. The in-ring action is never going to compete with the top level but the format is enjoyable and the promos are good. Crowd interaction is good as well. There are a lot of re-treads but some newer wrestlers like Starks who are enjoyable. A 50-60 minute show is also a lot easier to watch than the typical weekly wrestling programs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
How sad is it that ROH isn't even on the main title for the thread? Sighs.
A sign of the times. They simply did not play their hand right.

Just got back from Shimmer. Kimber Lee is the new champion, but the bigger story might be that they let Shotzi Blackheart submit Nicole Savoy (their longest-reigning champion) in Shotzi’s final match with Shimmer. Wild.

No real standouts on Sunday. The crowd randomly turned Veda Scott when she got a louder than usual pop, acknowledged it, and then everyone just went all out for it the rest of the match.

Zoey Skye (formerly Dust) seems to be getting positioned as the top good guy now that the title is off Nicole Savoy. She beat Mercedes Martinez even with constant interference from Cheerleader Melissa (which makes me think one of the two will eventually turn on the other, now that they lost the tag belts and aren’t effective at cheating).

No one really had must-have merch. My wife bought a shaker cup from Zoey Skye though.
Good for Kim, since it's been forever for her.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad