OT: All purpose NCAA thread v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That's the same way Georgia screwed up. There's got to be a kill on that stuff for when they're in Safe.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Can’t believe this Bama team is going to lose this. I mean the spread was telling, but I wouldn’t have believed this two months ago.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Can’t believe this Bama team is going to lose this. I mean the spread was telling, but I wouldn’t have believed this two months ago.

In saying this I'm telling you I was completely and utterly wrong and dumb because I didn't take the advice, but sharp money has been quietly buying Clemson futures since at least October.

I don't know one person on earth who would have bet on them hanging almost 9 Y/P on them, though.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Haven't been watching at all. How do the crowds look on tv? Full and engaged as a championship game would warrant?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Interesting to see where Saban goes this offseason with changes. He’s never been embarrassed like this especially on the big stage with Alabama.
I would imagine Tosh is pretty uncomfortable right now. That defense was really underwhelming at times this season, despite all of the talent.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Good recruiter but seems like Wisconsin fans have staled on him some as an OC. That very well could be because most of the conference doesn’t really play that heavy ground game/ball control offense anymore. But he’s been know to be a good OL guy for a while now.

He’s from PA & played for the Eagles. He’s 46 but I don’t really know if he’s a guy that would be a quick mover up the college ranks. So that’s probably appealing to Temple right now.

Reactions: Jtown

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Good recruiter but seems like Wisconsin fans have staled on him some as an OC. That very well could be because most of the conference doesn’t really play that heavy ground game/ball control offense anymore. But he’s been know to be a good OL guy for a while now.

He’s from PA & played for the Eagles. He’s 46 but I don’t really know if he’s a guy that would be a quick mover up the college ranks. So that’s probably appealing to Temple right now.

temple just needs a guy who is willing to stay there and build something. I don't forsee the AAC being a thing for the longterm. I could easily see Temple get into the acc in the future, If they can get their own Stadium. They need like a 10 year plan to get into the acc with A coach that is willing to commit to that time frame, and alumni willing to donate for a stadium.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
NDs bad loss to Clemson doesn’t look so bad after Clemson took Alabama behind the woodshed.
Or maybe they should not of even had the 4 team tournament anyway and just handed the trophy to Clemson in December. :sarcasm:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
temple just needs a guy who is willing to stay there and build something. I don't forsee the AAC being a thing for the longterm. I could easily see Temple get into the acc in the future, If they can get their own Stadium. They need like a 10 year plan to get into the acc with A coach that is willing to commit to that time frame, and alumni willing to donate for a stadium.
Temple could be an option for the ACC in the future, but I'd bet against it. They need a an overhaul on their facilities along with a stadium.

Memphis
Cincinnati
UCF
USF

All make more sense, especially Cincinnati and Memphis. Both programs would help open up the conference's recruiting footprint. FSU and Miami would fight like hell to keep UCF and USF out, but if UCF keeps doing what they're doing, it won't be long before a P5 conference snatches them up.

And honestly, if UConn could ever get their shit together in football, they would be an absolute can't miss for the ACC.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Temple could be an option for the ACC in the future, but I'd bet against it. They need a an overhaul on their facilities along with a stadium.

Memphis
Cincinnati
UCF
USF

All make more sense, especially Cincinnati and Memphis. Both programs would help open up the conference's recruiting footprint. FSU and Miami would fight like hell to keep UCF and USF out, but if UCF keeps doing what they're doing, it won't be long before a P5 conference snatches them up.

And honestly, if UConn could ever get their **** together in football, they would be an absolute can't miss for the ACC.

acc wouldnt let in any of the florida schools because that is Miami territory. Miami could leave if that happened. Getting Miami was a big deal at the time for the ACC and made them a legit football conference, they dont want to rock that boat too much. Memephis is louisville terriotry. Philly/ jersey is open for business if Temple can just find away to show some long term stability and potentially get their own stadium. I was Hoping that Temples Stadium would be a dual MLS/ temple stadium in the City. I thought that would be a way to sell it, but alas it never worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->