OT: All purpose NCAA thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
If you guys are up for it we can allow changes up until midnight Friday. Forty games is a lot plus by then we should know everybody who is sitting out.

I'm easy either way so you anybody who wants to allow changes just throw this post a like and democracy/majority rules.
I’m fine with whatever, but won’t change my picks in any case. Second guessing always burns me!

Reactions: Asnito

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
My picks:

1. Utah St. 6
2. Tulane 2
3. Fresno St 5
4. Georgia Southern: 6
5. Appy State 10
6. UAB 10
7. Ohio 8
8. Marshall 6
9. Toledo 2
10. BYU 3
11. Memphis: 7
12. Army 8
13. Buffalo 8
14. Hawaii 3
15. Boise State 3
16. Georgia Tech 9
17. TCU 4
18. Temple 2
19. Wisconsin 3
20. Vanderbilt 3
21. Purdue 8
22. West Virginia 5
23. Wazzu 5
24. South Carolina 3
25. Michigan 7
26. Arkansas State 4
27. Cincinnati 6
28. Stanford 9
29. Oregon 8
30. Missouri 9
31. Utah 3
32. Texas A&M 7
33. Mississippi State 8
34. Penn State 5
35. LSU 5
36. Ohio State 10
37. Georgia 10
38. Alabama 8
39. Clemson 10
40. CFP National Championship Game Winner: Alabama

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
DJ Durkin apparently hired at Alabama in a consultant role. Honestly surprised this isn’t getting much push back from the media.
I saw that and I was like WTF. I guess Saban is where people go to resurrect their careers.

Even if their was pushback from the media Saban can be so prickly that most wouldn't bother. The pushback would have to come from the administration at Alabama and DJ Durkin sure as hell aint a hill they want to die on.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
I was thinking about spicing up the Bowl Season pick em with the person finishing last having to get a Hakstol tattoo.

I was thinking something like this
images.jpeg

Except it's a picture of Hak :eek:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
@gertbfrobe16 you up for the Bowl Season pick em?

Don't worry the tattoo thing was just a joke :D
i haven't kept up enough this year with the college football. probably won't watch many games. sadly the flyers are affecting my enjoyment of sports as a whole, that and the side show these broadcasters make to create drama.too many outside factors control games and not the play itself. i woulden't pick well and don't want to act like i have any idea what i was doing. thanks for thinking of me though.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
i haven't kept up enough this year with the college football. probably won't watch many games. sadly the flyers are affecting my enjoyment of sports as a whole, that and the side show these broadcasters make to create drama.too many outside factors control games and not the play itself. i woulden't pick well and don't want to act like i have any idea what i was doing. thanks for thinking of me though.
It's all good, the Flyers in general and Hak in particular is why I'm spending most of my time in this thread :mad:

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Just saw on CFB Daily that the CFP deal with ESPN is worth over $7 billion. Signed in 2012 runs out 2025.

Yeah the players deserve a slice of that, but only upon graduating.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I saw that and I was like WTF. I guess Saban is where people go to resurrect their careers.

Even if their was pushback from the media Saban can be so prickly that most wouldn't bother. The pushback would have to come from the administration at Alabama and DJ Durkin sure as hell aint a hill they want to die on.

Yeah I don’t know perhaps there’s some fatigue with the story as well. The was a police report yesterday or whatever that was released with the Zach Smith saga & that didn’t really gain much traction either.

Finebaum went after Saban today for it but he’s seemingly really the only one & whenever he usually goes at Saban for about a day or two before he’s back to worshiping him.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Yeah I don’t know perhaps there’s some fatigue with the story as well. The was a police report yesterday or whatever that was released with the Zach Smith saga & that didn’t really gain much traction either.

Finebaum went after Saban today for it but he’s seemingly really the only one & whenever he usually goes at Saban for about a day or two before he’s back to worshiping him.
He brings a lot of guys on as analysts. Supposedly he has the biggest staff by far.

The only coach I think he would get flack for would be Art Briles or somebody like that.

I know he catches a lot of crap for some of the stuff he does but among the elite programs Alabama seems to have few off field problems. Maybe they're just good at covering it up but it seems like the players/coaches fall in line or they're sent packing.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He brings a lot of guys on as analysts. Supposedly he has the biggest staff by far.

The only coach I think he would get flack for would be Art Briles or somebody like that.

I know he catches a lot of crap for some of the stuff he does but among the elite programs Alabama seems to have few off field problems. Maybe they're just good at covering it up but it seems like the players/coaches fall in line or they're sent packing.

Yeah it is what it is. I’m not throwing stones. I just thought it was odd how the media really hasn’t dug their heels into it given how much they were invested in the Maryland situation.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Yeah it is what it is. I’m not throwing stones. I just thought it was odd how the media really hasn’t dug their heels into it given how much they were invested in the Maryland situation.
Durkin certainly looks bad but I think the one thing saving him is that the trainers and strength coach look worse.

Durkin ran the ship so he's ultimately responsible but the trainers could of and should have saved that kids life. Also that story about the strength coach and the candy bar sounds like something out of "Full Metal Jacket".

Durkin's an ass for allowing those things to happen but he probably benefited from having other people to catch some of the shade.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
Miami is a straight dumpster fire right now. I think they’ve had like 6 decommits between 2019 & 2020 classes these past two days with possibly more on the way. They flipped a 2* OT from Appy State.
When the U starts battling App State for recruits you know it's bad.

Speaking of Miami I saw an interesting clip on Manny Diaz and how much he will be missed there. From the sounds of it Temple did really well signing him as their head coach, I just hope he sticks around for more than 2 years.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Any slight possibility that any of those recruits would follow Diaz to Temple?

I doubt it. I think all of them have P5 offers elsewhere & some are 2020 kids so we still have another year left until they sign.

I don’t think they’re necessarily tied with Diaz but rather he’s just another person to leave a sinking ship there which has been happening before all this with other recruits. Richt is probably coaching for his job next year so they really have no juice right now.

Reactions: Normand Lacombe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad