OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Looks like Tennessee is going to hire Pruitt. I almost feel bad for them.

Saw something the other day saying that Fulmer was pitching the idea of him being more involved with the football team than an AD normally is. :laugh:

I know he’s royalty to the fans there but it seems like he played a huge hand in this dumpster fire of a situation.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Tennessee fans have flat out lost their minds. The Pruitt hire has them believing that they're the next SEC dynasty team.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
You mean they're not going to take every defensive recruit from UGA and Bama that Pruitt and Sherrer were in on?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Honestly Meyer is the only guy I’ve seen come in & finish a class high up with such short amount of time. But even then he was hired quicker than normal because he wasn’t coaching anywhere that year & he’s Urban Meyer at Ohio State.

For mostly everybody else you’re punting a class. If you going salvage a class in the top 20-25 range than that’s pretty good. They’re 27th right now on 247’s composite class rankings & they’re about to lose one of their top remaining commits in Adrian Martinez.

Tennessee 2018 Football Commits

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I hear ya. I was being sarcastic on the Pruitt/Sherrer effect.

Kirby Smart finished 6th, according to 247, after taking over in early December (and while coaching through the NC with Bama), but yeah, that's definitely not the norm.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Good player. Kind of counter to the type of QB that Harbaugh has recruited to both Stanford and Michigan.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Micah Parsons to UGA might actually happen. Georgia just processed a DE commit, and has been an under the radar team with him for a little while. They also get the last OV before NSD.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Apparently Van Jefferson & Deontay Anderson couldn’t transfer into Michigan because of their grades. I don’t where Anderson will turn but apparently Jefferson is linked to Louisville now which would make sense if qualifying is an issue.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Arizona State lost both coordinators already. The DC Phil Bennett took the same position at Texas A&M & the OC Billy Napier is taking the HC job at Louisiana-Lafayette.

Their big reason of hiring Herm Edwards was because they thought these two were good enough coordinators that Herm could come in & be a CEO type.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I know but he's never going to get close to finishing that contract.
totally agree
I think there's going to be a handful of schools that are going to regret not hiring him, quite a few openings this season where he woulda been a great hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->