OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part IV (Summer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Favored to land Cam'Ron Kelly as well.

It’s looking like he messed around too long & got shut out. Virginia or Clemson apparently could be the landing spot now.

Penn State’s taking a smallish class this year (probably 18-20 kids) & already have four DB’s committed. The staff has Lewis Cine higher on the board & they’re in pretty good shape for him. They’re treating him as a take no matter what as he’s one of their overall top remaining targets while Kelly was a guy who had to get in before the others did.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Saint Francis Academy in the Baltimore area is essentially becoming IMG Academy north. They’ve basically been dropped off the schedule of most noteworthy teams in that area because they’re beating teams badly & stockpiling highly touted kids from all over.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Saint Francis Academy in the Baltimore area is essentially becoming IMG Academy north. They’ve basically been dropped off the schedule of most noteworthy teams in that area because they’re beating teams badly & stockpiling highly touted kids from all over.

SFA is becoming like Laurinburg or Montrose chrisian , not like IMG. Only other program like IMG is Monteverde. Temple Mcdonalds All American use to go to Saint Frances and was their bball coach for a time.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
right but st Frances is pretty dominate in a like 2 sports. Montrose was just an average christian school until stu Vetter got there. IMG AND MONTEVERDE are dominant in all sports from women's tennis to golf, to bassketball to football

But this is a college football thread. I’m discussing specifically their football program.

But it would take a lot for any program really to get to IMG’s level in football. The founder of UA Kevin Plank is trying to get his old high school St. John’s College in DC to that level for football but they’re not there.

IMG not only got booted from the league they intially played in Florida but even powerhouses in Texas & Georgia wouldn’t play them when they had to go with an entire made up national schedule.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
But this is a college football thread. I’m discussing specifically their football program.

But it would take a lot for any program really to get to IMG’s level in football. The founder of UA Kevin Plank is trying to get his old high school St. John’s College in DC to that level for football but they’re not there.

im just giving you the closest comparison of what is happening. Something similar would be when blair acadmey started bringing in the best basketball players in the country for a 2 - 3 year period of time. Sometimes schools do this and their league revolts against them.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
I saw the over/under for PSU football wins is set at 9.5. Man, we’ve come a long way. Keep the recruiting up, take care of business, beat Ohio St and this program is set up to get back to blue blood status.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I guess so...

the DMV is a hot bed for highschool athletics. You have a variety of private , public schools. Catholic, boarding schools. The two best overall leagues in the area would the wcac, and the miaa. Miaa is the best lacrosse conference in the country every year and has great football , basketball and baseball.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
the DMV is a hot bed for highschool athletics. You have a variety of private , public schools. Catholic, boarding schools. The two best overall leagues in the area would the wcac, and the miaa. Miaa is the best lacrosse conference in the country every year and has great football , basketball and baseball.
I know the DMV is a pretty good area (I live in Virginia Beach). I don't know what basketball, baseball, or lacrosse programs have to do with a discussion on high school and college football. St. Frances is a good program. The conference as a whole is pretty average (at best) when compared to some of the other power conferences around the country. No need to get your panties in a bunch just because you live around there.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I saw the over/under for PSU football wins is set at 9.5. Man, we’ve come a long way. Keep the recruiting up, take care of business, beat Ohio St and this program is set up to get back to blue blood status.

It’s going to be a rebuilding year. The favorable schedule & McSorley might be able to get them into double digit wins though.

If they want to take that next step like Clemson did they need to start landing/developing both O&D lines to go with the skill players they’ve been landing/developing.

Reactions: Scotty Pucks

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I know the DMV is a pretty good area (I live in Virginia Beach). I don't know what basketball, baseball, or lacrosse programs have to do with a discussion on high school and college football. St. Frances is a good program. The conference as a whole is pretty average (at best) when compared to some of the other power conferences around the country. No need to get your panties in a bunch just because you live there.

1. i always freeball and 2. Super 25 Boys Football Computer Rankings | USA TODAY High School Sports , Super 25 Boys Football Computer Rankings | USA TODAY High School Sports, Super 25 Boys Football Computer Rankings | USA TODAY High School Sports, Please name me some better conferences on the east coast.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Why would you give me a ranking of Maryland schools and expect that to be something that proves a point? Even going by the rankings, the MIAA had one school inside the top 250 (St. Frances). A league like the GHSA routinely has around 20 teams in the top 250 (I'm aware of the size difference between private school leagues and public school conferences, it was just a comment on the quality of competition).

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
For the 2016–2017 season, GHSA has 455 member schools

do you understand the difference between a state athletic association and a conference? Just admit you misspoke . Saying st. frances is a good program is like saying the warriors are a good basketball team. St. Frances finished 4th in usa todays high school rankings of all high schools.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I said there's a difference, you dolt. The MIAA is basically St. Frances and a bunch of mediocre teams. That was the entirety of my point. You kept bringing in a bunch of useless horse shit to make some point that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I said there's a difference, you dolt. The MIAA is basically St. Frances and a bunch of mediocre teams. That was the entirety of my point. You kept bringing in a bunch of useless horse **** to make some point that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

you legitimately have no idea what you are talking about in regards to this , yet you feel the need to pursue this further.

I suggest you do research on Gilman football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad