OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m not an Alabama hater but I really hope they lose by multiple scores here. I want to see how desperate the committee gets to try & shoehorn them into playoffs. They can’t use that bs Miss State win as a prop up anymore.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’m not an Alabama hater but I really hope they lose by multiple scores here. I want to see how desperate the committee gets to try & shoehorn them into playoffs. They can’t use that bs Miss State win as a prop up anymore.

Maximum carnage. Auburn holds on, then Georgia wins the title game. 1 loss Alabama and Georgia both to Auburn, 3 loss Auburn with wins over the other two. All hell will be unleashed no matter what they decide. And how much more fun does it get if Ohio St wins too?

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Maximum carnage. Auburn holds on, then Georgia wins the title game. 1 loss Alabama and Georgia both to Auburn, 3 loss Auburn with wins over the other two. All hell will be unleashed no matter what they decide. And how much more fun does it get if Ohio St wins too?

I think it’s far worse if Auburn beats Georgia again. If Georgia beats Auburn they 100% deserve to be in and Alabama has a fighting chance. If Auburn wins, you could argue they possibly don’t deserve to get in even.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I think it’s far worse if Auburn beats Georgia again. If Georgia beats Auburn they 100% deserve to be in and Alabama has a fighting chance. If Auburn wins, you could argue they possibly don’t deserve to get in even.

I agree with a lot of this, but we have a 1 loss Georgia ranked behind a 2 loss Auburn before the Alabama game, so we know how much head to head matters to the committee.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Auburn wins in a close a game both teams should get in imo. If Auburn loses then that opens back the door for Alabama & other teams imo.

Alabama should absolutely be punished for not beating anybody worth a damn this year. I have zero faith in the committee holding them to that standard though. I would take a two loss Georgia, Clemson, Oklahoma, & Ohio State over them.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If Auburn wins in a close a game both teams should get in imo. If Auburn loses then that opens back the door for Alabama & other teams imo.

Alabama should absolutely be punished for not beating anybody worth a damn this year. I have zero faith in the committee holding them to that standard though.

Both teams should get in meaning Auburn and Georgia? Hell no...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If Oklahoma, Clemson, and Wisconsin win, we have to be safe in assuming they're locks.

Which loss makes it easiest for a second SEC team? Miami would have wins over Clemson, ND, and VaTech. A TCU win would have them tied on losses and head to head with Oklahoma, but you would have to think they're ahead with a win given that they want to market the title games and keeping both out I just don't see. I guess it would come down to Ohio St. This is going to be a bloodbath.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Yes. It probably won’t happen as the Big Ten & ACC Championship games very likely could be play in games for both teams themselves though.

A two loss Auburn I could live with. A two loss Georgia I could not. Alabama would deserve to get in in front of them let alone the group of a potentially undefeated Wisconsin, one loss Big 12 Champs Oklahoma, and one loss ACC champs Clemson or Miami that you’d have to leave someone out.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If Oklahoma, Clemson, and Wisconsin win, we have to be safe in assuming they're locks.

Which loss makes it easiest for a second SEC team? Miami would have wins over Clemson, ND, and VaTech. A TCU win would have them tied on losses and head to head with Oklahoma, but you would have to think they're ahead with a win given that they want to market the title games and keeping both out I just don't see. I guess it would come down to Ohio St. This is going to be a bloodbath.

It seems pretty cut and dry with me if who is supposed to win wins.

Some combination of Auburn/Georgia, Oklahoma, Clemson, Wisconsin.

Now if teams falter, I think Alabama gets in ahead of a TCU, Miami, or Ohio State conference Champion.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I don't know if it matters because it's Alabama, but I would say a 1 loss Miami had a significantly better season than a 1 loss Alabama even if I think Miami is a bit of a fraud and Alabama is a better team. I'm not sure I could fault someone for going either way, although as HC is intimating, I think you should be consistent if you fall heavily to one side of it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They have one loss on the road to top five team.

Where’d you stand on Ohio State/Penn State last year?

For as much as people complain about Wisky’s schedule (not blaming them either) Alabama has gotten the benefit of the doubt all year when their’s isn’t much better. The one marquee game they did have they lost today.

I had Ohio State in. I think the argument was more with Penn State & Washington if anything. I think if Penn State lost a close game to Michigan they would have put them in over Washington. As they had a hard on for Washington & their schedule/resume last year.

Reactions: Cody Webster

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I just hope Wisconsin beats Ohio State. They have 2 losses. One they were boat raced by Iowa ffs. There are more than 4 teams I would put in over them.
Had fun at my game today even if it was the most ugly game i have witnessed live.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
A 2 loss Ohio State team who had double nickels put on them by a meh Iowa team? No.
If Notre Dame holds on their resume is better than Ohio State.

Alabama has beaten nobody this year. If Ohio State wins next weekend they’re likely going to finish with two wins over two top 10 teams. If you add Michigan State that’s three top 15 wins. They’re going to get the brand bump just like Alabama too if the committee can realistically swing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->