OT: All Purpose NCAA Football Thread (2014-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I have a **** ton of friends who go to Temple (I go to PSU) and I'm not gonna hear the end of this. :help:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I saw a lot of people pick UCLA for the playoff and thought they were nuts for trusting a true freshman QB to take them there, but he was dropping dimes today. Still think its crazy, but he was impressive.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I saw a lot of people pick UCLA for the playoff and thought they were nuts for trusting a true freshman QB to take them there, but he was dropping dimes today. Still think its crazy, but he was impressive.

Better then Desmond Howard picking Stanford to win the National Championship last week, haha.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Not a huge college football fan but I love watching PSU lose. I don't live anywhere near State College but by the way their fans and alums around me talk you would have thought they did something in the past 10 years.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Went to the game, Franklin is a terrible coach. No adjustments. The score was alot closer than it was. They were dominated on both sides of the ball.

Great win for Temple.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Franklin's not building my confidence in him.

Edit: He'll be canned in two years.
His teams at Vanderbilt were OK but not good. He got hired because few legitimate coaches wanted the job with the sanctions in place. Supposedly he's a good recruiter but any decent coach with the PSU backers behind them should be able to draw good players to the program. I would have hired Munchak not Franklin but that's water over the dam at this point.
Franklin had better step it up or he'll be gone at the end of next season. Hackenburg is slow but so is the entire offense. With his poor foot speed, he'll never make it in the pros. I don't know what else is in the offense but it's about Purdue level awful.

JHG

Jan 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Penn state is about 4 times better this year than last. Its going to be another crushing defeat. Especially since PSU takes over the Linc so Temple has zero home field advantage.

Yeah I don't see it happening. The Linc just doesn't fill up for Temple games. I'd wager the Owls average fewer than 25k people per home game. You gotta figure of that 25K-ish figure, probably a thousand or two are there for the away team, another handful are just there because they got free tickets or had nothing better to do and aren't really cheering for anyone. With PSU it would not surprise me to see 40k plus just for the PSU people. Temple is gonna get creamed.

Sorry guys. It was a valiant effort. Go Owls! :yo:

JHG

Jan 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
Not a huge college football fan but I love watching PSU lose. I don't live anywhere near State College but by the way their fans and alums around me talk you would have thought they did something in the past 10 years.

The definition of Penn State is a guy calling us a D3 team when I was walking in. He said we were going to get destroyed. I'm sure he's crying in his GED right now.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
His teams at Vanderbilt were OK but not good. He got hired because few legitimate coaches wanted the job with the sanctions in place. Supposedly he's a good recruiter but any decent coach with the PSU backers behind them should be able to draw good players to the program. I would have hired Munchak not Franklin but that's water over the dam at this point.
Franklin had better step it up or he'll be gone at the end of next season. Hackenburg is slow but so is the entire offense. With his poor foot speed, he'll never make it in the pros. I don't know what else is in the offense but it's about Purdue level awful.

Franklin was one of the better coaches on the market at that time. It had nothing to do with sanctions, it just wasn't a really good pool of coaches available (Charlie Strong was one of the other headliners).

He's not getting fired this year. The team isn't supposed to be good this year & that was expected. Now next year might be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad