Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Both Bryson and Finau are doing well this week. Pretty hard to justify leaving one of them off for Kuchar, which is what seems to be what's going to happen. I wonder if they might bring Kuchar in as a vice captain (replacing Tiger) instead, and have both Bryson and Finau as picks.

Even Cantlay is T7 right now. No chance they leave Phil off the team, though, so I imagine he gets squeezed out.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's going to have to pick Wallace. 3 wins this year. Just won another event on Bjorn's home course.

I can't see Garcia or Stenson being left off. Fitzpatrick and Cabrera-Bello are done. Pepperell has had a good year, but I don't see him making it either. Probably going to come down to Poulter and Casey for one spot. Casey's had the better year, but Poulter has the better RC track record.

My prediction: Stenson, Garcia, Wallace, Poulter

On the US side, Woods and Mickelson were on the team as long as they are fit. DeChambeau has locked himself into a spot.

Its basically a free for all for one spot. I tend to think Finau has the inside track for a spot, but its too close to give an accurate call. If someone not on the team wins this event, they'll probably make it. If not, I also wouldn't rule out Cantlay, Hossler, Kuchar, Horschel and Wise.

My prediction: Woods, Mickelson, DeChambeau, Finau

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is one of these events where second place is in first place.

If I end up being wrong, my full apologies to Abraham Ancer.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
He's going to have to pick Wallace. 3 wins this year. Just won another event on Bjorn's home course.

I can't see Garcia or Stenson being left off. Fitzpatrick and Cabrera-Bello are done. Pepperell has had a good year, but I don't see him making it either. Probably going to come down to Poulter and Casey for one spot. Casey's had the better year, but Poulter has the better RC track record.

My prediction: Stenson, Garcia, Wallace, Poulter

Good god I hope you're incorrect about Wallace. Three wins and still only ranked 76 in the world. Tells you all about his inconsistency and that the tournament he won weren't very big. He's like a challenger tour tennis player winnning some smaller stuff compared to ATP pros not winning because they're playing the likes of Nadal and Federer. I'd most definitely pick Casey to play a better round of golf tomorrow.

Garcia and Stenson doing what they can not to be selected anyway. Stenson had some major finishes but a couple of awful seasons. Garcia probably did the smart thing not to play at all these weeks. Stenson would've been better off without his Fedex showing so far.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
European wildcards:
Stenson
Garcia
Poulter
Casey

Going with experience. Still five rookies on the team.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I would've taken RCB over Sergio, but the picks are understandable.

DJ
JT
Brooks
Bryson
Spieth
Rickie
Bubba
Webb
Reed
Tiger
Phil
--Finau--

vs.

Rose
Rory
Molinari
Rahm
Noren
Fleetwood
Hatton
Olesen
Stenson
Sergio
Casey
Poulter

The Americans are definitely in better form, only Reed and maybe Bubba are playing poorly as of late. Meanwhile, Rahm/Noren/Casey/Stenson/Poulter are all cold right now. And Sergio is on another planet in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad