Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2012
So PGA Tour live is completely useless. I watch a lot of golf and it can be hard to find streams online so I thought I'd try this. Turns out it blacks out the CBSsports feed in PGA Tour live on weekends because I'm Canadian.

I'm a student who moves three times a year, CABLE is NOT A FEASIBLE OPTION FOR ME. Yet no f***ing company has a decent option to legally watch sports online. unreal.

Mar 1, 2002
As a non-Tiger fan, would everyone be disappointed if this is who he is now? A top 50 type guy. From what I've heard, even that would be a pretty spectacular accomplishment, no?

Frankly, the golfers around him now are vastly better than the guys Tiger dominated. And more of them. If the level of play was like it was when Sean Micheel wins majors, Tiger would have a better chance to get another major. As it is, I don't see it.

(please save this post when he wins the PGA)

Jan 3, 2012
As a non-Tiger fan, would everyone be disappointed if this is who he is now? A top 50 type guy. From what I've heard, even that would be a pretty spectacular accomplishment, no?

Frankly, the golfers around him now are vastly better than the guys Tiger dominated. And more of them. If the level of play was like it was when Sean Micheel wins majors, Tiger would have a better chance to get another major. As it is, I don't see it.

(please save this post when he wins the PGA)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Collin Morikawa is my favorite to win this week.

He's definitely one of the favorites, but its a hard tournament to forecast. Should be interesting though to see the event at Pebble Beach. I wonder how close they'll try to set it up to the US Open next year.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Koepka
DJ
JT
Reed
Bubba
Spieth
Rickie
Simpson
---
Bryson
Phil
Tiger
Xander
Kuchar

Ryder Cup points are now set so those top-8 are on the team. Tiger will obviously be picked. People who have connections seem to believe that Phil and Kuchar are also locks. That leaves one spot, probably Bryson since Tiger has been advocating for him. Seems like there won't be a lot of drama for this year's captains picks barring one of Xander/Finau/Kisner lighting it up in the playoffs.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Furyk isn't going to say no to his buddy Phil. Bryson will definitely be there. Its down to one. Lets see how the playoffs go. I'd pick Patrick Cantlay, but thats just my opinion. Its already bad enough that Simpson fluked his way into spot 8. I don't want to see Kuchar or Kisner there. Finau is another one I don't want to see there. The dude has one win in all these years on the PGA Tour.

Pairings:

US:

DJ/Koepka
JT/Rickie
Pat/Nameless Until Next Win
Nameless Until Next Win/Bryson
Phil/whoever is spot 12
Bubba/Simpson-I completely forgot how bad Bubba's relationship is with the French fans. :popcorn:

Europe:

Rose/Rahm
Tommy Boy/Rory
Molinari/Noren
Garcia/Stenson
Casey/Hatton
Poulter/Fitzpatrick or Cabrera-Bello

Am I wrong or is the US team starting to look like the stronger side? Europe's depth is looking pretty weak right about now.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Furyk isn't going to say no to his buddy Phil. Bryson will definitely be there. Its down to one. Lets see how the playoffs go. I'd pick Patrick Cantlay, but thats just my opinion. Its already bad enough that Simpson fluked his way into spot 8. I don't want to see Kuchar or Kisner there. Finau is another one I don't want to see there. The dude has one win in all these years on the PGA Tour.

Pairings:

US:

DJ/Koepka
JT/Rickie
Phil/whoever is spot 12
Bubba/Simpson-I completely forgot how bad Bubba's relationship is with the French fans. :popcorn:

Europe:

Rose/Rahm
Tommy Boy/Rory
Molinari/Noren
Garcia/Stenson

Am I wrong or is the US team starting to look like the stronger side? Europe's depth is looking pretty weak right about now.

Molinari the only Euro with a stellar season.

JT, DJ, Bubba, Koepka all had standout, multi win seasons.
US the favourite id say

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

Pairings:

US:

DJ/Koepka
JT/Rickie
Phil/whoever is spot 12

Europe:

Rose/Rahm
Tommy Boy/Rory
Molinari/Noren
Garcia/Stenson
Casey/Hatton

US is much stronger than Europe right now.

I said in another thread I think the real decision is between DeChambeau and Kuchar.

Should be a great tournament.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto

Pairings:

US:

DJ/Koepka
JT/Rickie
Phil/whoever is spot 12

Europe:

Rose/Rahm
Tommy Boy/Rory
Molinari/Noren
Garcia/Stenson
Casey/Hatton

There's also this other guy named Tiger Woods that the USA could potentially benefit from ;)

There's also another guy named Jordan Spieth that could increase America's chances s well ;)

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
There's also this other guy named Tiger Woods that the USA could potentially benefit from ;)

There's also another guy named Jordan Spieth that could increase America's chances s well ;)

I'm trying not to post my frustration with their lack of wins this year on this forum, so I'll start discussing their play again when they start winning golf events. Very frustrating year in terms of results for the golfers I root for. Not accustomed to 0 wins. I also have a very different view on yesterday than most, but I am going to just shut my mouth and hope for some better results coming up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->