Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Those weather conditions for tomorrow at St. Andrews look excellent. I wonder if anyone will be able to break par.

Trivia question: Only one of golf's all time greats has not played the Old Course. Who is it?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hogan.

He played one Open. Won at Carnoustie, and never played in the tournament again nor played at the Old Course at any other time. He was invited to play at St. Andrews, but chose not to. He was going for the single season grand slam the year he played at Carnoustie. He ended up winning the first three of the season, but couldn't get back in time to play the PGA.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Yeah, it's called the World Golf Hall of Fame, not the PGA Tour Hall of Fame. Goosen's South African wins and his European wins aren't as high quality as PGA Tour wins are but it seems like some are discrediting them entirely which is pretty dumb.

Report: No Tickets Available for Tiger-Phil PPV Match | Golf Channel

According to a report from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, there will not be any tickets made available to the public for the $9 million match between the two legends held Nov. 23 at Shadow Creek. The event will be broadcast via pay-per-view, and the report adds that only a "small gathering of sponsors and VIPs" will have access to the exclusive course, which is owned by MGM Resorts International.

I didn't think it was possible to make this event any less interesting but here we are. Terrible stuff.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
You should have made the last place guy in your PGA picks game buy this PPV, watch it and give a hole by hole report as it happens.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
When they used to do these like 20 years ago, were there ever any fans there?

I mean think about it, how can you really have fans there? With all the movement they would cause, it'd probably be a huge distraction for Tiger and Phil.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I used to dislike Miller when I was young but I grew to really like him. He makes the broadcast a lot more interesting even though I disagree with a good amount of what he says.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Willett hasn't been awful the last half year. How he fell off was so bizarre. He should be able to eventually get back to the top 10, but will he?

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I was watching TGC this morning. They were saying that Koepka has the best mentality in the game. They bring on their golf psychologist, and he goes on a rant against Koepka. It was so unexpected. I didn't disagree with that much of what he was saying, but it was pretty funny.

Jan 3, 2012
iw8h0zxcobu11.jpg

Reactions: TB12
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad