Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2018-19 PGA Tour schedule (post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bjorn didn't seem to care much about form. He said that this was close to the team he would've imagined earlier this year. Aren't you supposed to let everyone play golf and then decide your best team? If those picks play poorly, he should deserve some serious criticism.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Heading to Aronimink on Sunday. Can't wait to see Tiger get the W

I’ll be there as well. I hope he wins. I just played Aronimink at the end of July. The fairways are very wide now so he shouldn’t have any trouble keeping it on the short stuff.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I’ll be there as well. I hope he wins. I just played Aronimink at the end of July. The fairways are very wide now so he shouldn’t have any trouble keeping it on the short stuff.
That's awesome you got to play there. How'd you pull that?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Europe going entirely on reputation. Wow.

Not really. Picked four of the five highest ranked players outside the team, making the team consist of 12 of the 13 highest ranked Europeans currently. Since they are also some of the most experienced players out there it's not much of a surprise. Only Rafa got screwed over, I feel.

We hold these guys to a higher standard overall.

If Finau gets the last wildcard USA will play with 12 of their 14 highest ranked(top-10 + Phil & Tiger).

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I would've taken RCB over Sergio, but the picks are understandable.

DJ
JT
Brooks
Bryson
Spieth
Rickie
Bubba
Webb
Reed
Tiger
Phil
--Finau--

vs.

Rose
Rory
Molinari
Rahm
Noren
Fleetwood
Hatton
Olesen
Stenson
Sergio
Casey
Poulter

The Americans are definitely in better form, only Reed and maybe Bubba are playing poorly as of late. Meanwhile, Rahm/Noren/Casey/Stenson/Poulter are all cold right now. And Sergio is on another planet in a bad way.

It's a good thing it's almost a month to go. Quite a few Europeans won't make the Fedex finals and can start preparing earlier. Noren won the ET event on the course.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not really. Picked four of the five highest ranked players outside the team, making the team consist of 12 of the 13 highest ranked Europeans currently. Since they are also some of the most experienced players out there it's not much of a surprise. Only Rafa got screwed over, I feel.

We hold these guys to a higher standard overall.

If Finau gets the last wildcard USA will play with 12 of their 14 highest ranked(top-10 + Phil & Tiger).

Its not a surprise, but I don't think MFW is wrong. The team was picked on reputation.

What does Matt Wallace have to do to get picked? The dude won 3 events this year. Lower level events, but he can't play on the PGA Tour. He can only play where he's allowed. He closed out three events this year. Thats seriously hard, especially if you aren't some superstar.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl
Jan 3, 2012
Its not a surprise, but I don't think MFW is wrong. The team was picked on reputation.

What does Matt Wallace have to do to get picked? The dude won 3 events this year. Lower level events, but he can't play on the PGA Tour. He can only play where he's allowed. He closed out three events this year. Thats seriously hard, especially if you aren't some superstar.

Yeah,

USA seriously the favourites and if Europe gets blown out, I think alot of the blowback comes back on the captain's picks.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Garcia and Stenson has already been covered. Form isn't very good. Poulter doesn't have a top 5 since his win in Houston. Casey's best finish in his last four starts is T21.

The form of these players isn't good. Bjorn didn't pick the players who are playing well now.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
damn, just missed for 8 under.

For all those in Canada, DAZN carries the early rounds of golf tournaments (not majors) on their streaming service, to go along with all NFL games and redzone for 20 bucks a month. Pretty good deal actually.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He's actually making putts today. The wide fairways are helping him. Will be interesting to see how he plays tomorrow and the weekend. One strong round is one thing, hes had them this year but can he duplicate it.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Why the f*** is Phil in the Ryder Cup? I get he won a tournament by luck in March but his game has been shit most of the year and especially in the 2nd half, save out of the box round Monday.

That Triple Bogey he just had was a joke.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Phil is the only other person who's in the same boat as Tiger: if they're healthy, and aren't missing every cut, they're on the team. They're way too popular in the locker room to leave off the team.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Phil is the only other person who's in the same boat as Tiger: if they're healthy, and aren't missing every cut, they're on the team. They're way too popular in the locker room to leave off the team.

No, Tiger I get, if you look at their season's hes had a better season. especially if you count two top 10's in the majors, should have been two 2nd's but I digress.

Phil is what he is but his game is way more off than good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad