Golf: All Purpose Golf Thread | 2017-18 PGA Tour schedule in post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hopefully I can tie all the aspects together and form a well rounded game. I know being able to blast a ball doesn't mean anything if it's not accurate.

Everyone who's not scratch or better ****s up a ton, so practice your short game and putting more than any part of your game.

When I was a kid, I found that was a common tip I got. And all my favorite pro golfers are good in those two aspects, which is no coincidence. I refuse to be a fan of one of these golfers who pretty much just get by on natural ball striking talent. Its like being a fan of a basketball player who has no actual talent but just jumps higher than everyone and dunks over them. :laugh:

Jan 3, 2012
Everyone who's not scratch or better ****s up a ton, so practice your short game and putting more than any part of your game.

When I was a kid, I found that was a common tip I got. And all my favorite pro golfers are good in those two aspects, which is no coincidence. I refuse to be a fan of one of these golfers who pretty much just get by on natural ball striking talent. Its like being a fan of a basketball player who has no actual talent but just jumps higher than everyone and dunks over them. :laugh:

What's your problem with LeBron James?

Jan 3, 2012
Lebron is a great passer, ball handler, maybe the highest basketball IQ in the NBA, best low post scorer of any non-PF or C.

Lebron's an athletic freak, but also the most talented player in the NBA. Not even close.

:laugh:

I was making a joke, but yeah I am inclined to agree.

I was thinking, and I may be remembering wrong, but has any player had such a great first full Tour season like Rahm in recent years? Spieth obviously had 2013/2014 before becoming a bonafide star in 2015, and Rory had a few years as a professional before winning a major and having massive success. Obviously he played some events last year, but for his first full season, this is super impressive from Rahm.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So there are talks out there that the PGA might move The Players back to March and move the PGA Championship from August to May....

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Adidas has agreed to sell off Taylormade, Adams and Ashworth to KPS capital partners for $425 million

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
:laugh:

I was making a joke, but yeah I am inclined to agree.

I was thinking, and I may be remembering wrong, but has any player had such a great first full Tour season like Rahm in recent years? Spieth obviously had 2013/2014 before becoming a bonafide star in 2015, and Rory had a few years as a professional before winning a major and having massive success. Obviously he played some events last year, but for his first full season, this is super impressive from Rahm.

Recent years, Spieth. Before that, Keegan Bradley. He won twice including a major in his rookie season, although he was 24/25 that season, and was a few years out of college. It depends how you want to define it. If you count anyone, there might be a few more who I am forgetting. Under that definition, you can count someone like Willett or Hatton as eligible for that, even though they are accomplished players, as they are technically rookies at one point.

If its straight from college to the PGA Tour right away who have had this level of success, there aren't many. Spieth and Woods, but Woods spent two full years in college, Spieth 1 and a half. Rahm spent four years in college. I think thats a big difference. I don't think its fair to say Rahm is so young, doing unprecedented things for a rookie and all that when he's like 2 and 3 years younger in his rookie season than Spieth and Woods were. Its like comparing the rookie seasons in the NBA of a one and done college player and a guy who spent four years in college. And I'm not blaming you or anything, but I've heard people say this, and they don't account for this. And thats not to say Rahm isn't really good, and won't be maybe the #1 player in the world eventually, but strictly comparing his rookie season to guys who were in different situations when they were rookies makes for a bad decision.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Slick Rick aced the 17th today. Also, tomorrow Michelob Ultra is holding a registration for you to sign up and win 95 cases of free beer if Koepka gets a hole in one in one of ten tournaments this year. It's not just one person, it's everyone who signs up. Granted the beer ****ing sucks, but still

Jan 3, 2012
Slick Rick aced the 17th today. Also, tomorrow Michelob Ultra is holding a registration for you to sign up and win 95 cases of free beer if Koepka gets a hole in one in one of ten tournaments this year. It's not just one person, it's everyone who signs up. Granted the beer ****ing sucks, but still

For Canada too?

Jan 3, 2012
Recent years, Spieth. Before that, Keegan Bradley. He won twice including a major in his rookie season, although he was 24/25 that season, and was a few years out of college. It depends how you want to define it. If you count anyone, there might be a few more who I am forgetting. Under that definition, you can count someone like Willett or Hatton as eligible for that, even though they are accomplished players, as they are technically rookies at one point.

If its straight from college to the PGA Tour right away who have had this level of success, there aren't many. Spieth and Woods, but Woods spent two full years in college, Spieth 1 and a half. Rahm spent four years in college. I think thats a big difference. I don't think its fair to say Rahm is so young, doing unprecedented things for a rookie and all that when he's like 2 and 3 years younger in his rookie season than Spieth and Woods were. Its like comparing the rookie seasons in the NBA of a one and done college player and a guy who spent four years in college. And I'm not blaming you or anything, but I've heard people say this, and they don't account for this. And thats not to say Rahm isn't really good, and won't be maybe the #1 player in the world eventually, but strictly comparing his rookie season to guys who were in different situations when they were rookies makes for a bad decision.

Fair, I hadn't considered any of those factors.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Mad luck by Rafa. What an albatross.

Who wins this? Kim looking solid so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad