Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Tiger was playing with a knee injury last year. That’s actually good to hear with how much he struggled physically last year on the course.
Even more interesting that he could have and probably should have had surgery prior to his Tour Championship victory which would have robbed us of that moment and very likely his Masters triumph.

Kind of parallels, though obviously much less severe, to his win at the 08 US Open at Torrey.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I won't miss hearing McCord. That guy is plain bizarre. ANGC had banned him years back from the Masters broadcast because they didn't like his antics.

Kostis knew golf swings well, and could diagnose technical aspects of the swing on air, but he was rather boring aside from that.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I won't miss hearing McCord. That guy is plain bizarre. ANGC had banned him years back from the Masters broadcast because they didn't like his antics.

Kostis knew golf swings well, and could diagnose technical aspects of the swing on air, but he was rather boring aside from that.
McCord said the greens at Augusta were so fast it was like they were “bikini waxed” and they gave him the boot after that comment haha

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
That's 82 titles for Tiger and I'm sure he's going to pass Snead in 2020! Also, he's now won 3 titles since his first comeback win at the Tour Championship last September; only Brooks and Rory can match that total.

This was also a very enjoyable tournament. The course played well (not too easy but not difficult to the point that it's hard to watch), venue seems great and the Japanese crowd has to be one of the classiest crowds in golf. Hope this tourney continues for many years to come

Last edited:

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
83 golfers have finished runner up to Tiger as 2nd or T2. Can you name 30 of them?

Phil (duh) - Tiger's fav lapdog
Ernie (duh) -Tiger's 2nd fav lapdog
Hideki
DJ
Brooks
Duval
Goosen
Stenson
Westwood
Vijay
Rory
Xander
Horschel
GMac
Toms
Sergio
Rocco
DeMarco
Bob May
Clarke
Harrington
Furyk

I hit a blank that's all I could think of off the top of my head

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Rory wins again.

If he can get over his recent major woes he has a good chance to go down as the best golfer of the post Tiger generation.

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Rory wins again.

If he can get over his recent major woes he has a good chance to go down as the best golfer of the post Tiger generation.
He's won a bit of everything this year besides a major. He won the Players, the Tour finals + FedEx Cup, a WGC, a national "open" (Canadian Open), Player of the Year, and Scoring Title. However, his best finish at a major is a T8 at the USO I believe and he finished outside the top 20 in the Masters (the one he was trying hardest to win) and missed the cut at his home major.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Day, Hadwin. Niemann, and Im the captain's picks for the Internationals. Full team is them + Hideki/Scott/Leishman/Oosthuizen/Ancer/Li/Pan/Smith.

11 Americans are ranked higher in the OWGR than the highest International (Scott).

Jan 3, 2012
Why did he pick reed? oh well. it won't matter. the US has this thing locked up as usual.

They have lost since the 90s. This is becoming pointless.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The U.S will slaughter but I will cheer hard for the Internationals!

I would think Reed is a pick to try to get the chemistry right as a prep for the Ryder Cup. Reed is a dbag but he excels in this format and having him on the same page as the team members is good for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad