Golf: All purpose golf discussion (The PGA Tour’s 2019-20 schedule in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Champ is as hit or miss of a golfer as there is right now in the pro game. He's bad at everything other than how far he can hit it, but if he has a field average week on certain courses in most categories, he can win because he's the longest driver in the world by a big margin.

I tend to think he'll get better. His putting isn't that bad, and almost all these very long hitters eventually start becoming average or better wedge players because they have so many wedges per round, and are forced to improve in those areas. If he can get good at other areas other than how long he hits it, he'll be a star. If not, maybe he'll be a little more consistent as he plays more years on the PGA Tour. He still should be able to win at least periodically because even the bad players are able to run into a week or two per season when they putt well or scramble well on certain golf courses.

Reactions: MrFunnyWobbl

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
^Was just about to post that. When I saw the headline I thought it was a heavy-handed response to a doping test, maybe for a repeat offender.

But that's it? Flipping off an idiot fan, and he's done for three years?

The real PGA tour would be half-full right now if they were that diabolical with their punishment. Goddamn.

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
0002983_the-1982-masters-craig-stadler.jpeg

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

Say Hey Kid

it's better to burn out than to fade awa
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
"The rules have changed since the last time Lee Ann Walker competed in an LPGA-sanctioned event. She found out the hard way.
Walker shot rounds of 85 and 74 at the Senior LPGA Championship.
That was before she had to add 42 penalty shots to her opening round in French Lick, Indiana, and 16 more to the second round, giving her scores of 127 and 90.
Walker says she wasn't aware that caddies no longer can stand behind players as they putt unless a player starts the stance over. She didn't realize it until midway through her second round Tuesday, and then she had to add a two-shot penalty for every time it happened.
It goes in the books as a 127 in the first round -- with a birdie on her last hole."
https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/i...enalty-strokes-score-senior-lpga-championship

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tiger was playing with a knee injury last year. That’s actually good to hear with how much he struggled physically last year on the course.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I had no idea Tiger was playing. I had no idea anyone was playing. I checked out after The Open which seems like forever ago.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Absolutely wild seeing Tiger play without any fans. Unbelievable that they were even able to play today after that typhoon and up to 10 inches (!!!!) of rain.
Funny seeing a 145 yard par 4 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->