Speculation: All Purpose Goalie Speculation Thread

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chad Johnson is my #1 choice, all things considered.

Why is he not getting more love? This bums me out. He's a good goalie and I'm a big fan. He'd be cheap and he'd likely be thrilled to duke it out with Domingue for starts. That's a very heathy, very tight competition right there. These two could really keep each other on their respective games. I actually really love he idea of Louie and Ochocinco as our battery in goal. I kinda think it sucks that Chayka wasn't like "We like Chad, we want Chad, we're going to do what we can to sign Chad". That's the quote I want.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ

Why is he not getting more love? This bums me out. He's a good goalie and I'm a big fan. He'd be cheap and he'd likely be thrilled to duke it out with Domingue for starts. That's a very heathy, very tight competition right there. These two could really keep each other on their respective games. I actually really love he idea of Louie and Ochocinco as our battery in goal. I kinda think it sucks that Chayka wasn't like "We like Chad, we want Chad, we're going to do what we can to sign Chad". That's the quote I want.

Ochocinco is my #2 given we now have his rights. Still like Nilsson more.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

They want some upside in a goalie during a time where there's a glut of them on the market. It's understandable. It's smart. Professing your love early for a guy isn't smart. Johnson will always be there for a contract.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm ok with Chad being the backup, I'm ok with letting Domingue go.

I want one of:
Lehner
Nilsson

either of the Buffalo goalies would be fine by me.

I'd even accept Raanta if it were cheap and didn't cost us much

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
I think Domingue has more upside than people think. I think Domingue being the 2nd man is good for us. He reminds me of Greiss. Not really a number 2, more like 1A.

I do like Chad Johnson as well, but he's 31 now and maybe heading toward his last few good years. I like Raanta because he should be starting. He has great numbers, and he's 28. Grubauer is ideal as well because he has raw talent and he's young.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'm ok with Chad being the backup, I'm ok with letting Domingue go.

I want one of:
Lehner
Nilsson

either of the Buffalo goalies would be fine by me.

I'd even accept Raanta if it were cheap and didn't cost us much

Get Lehner, pick up Nygren, and get them to room with DeAngelo. It'd be perfect.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Get Lehner, pick up Nygren, and get them to room with DeAngelo. It'd be perfect.

Lehner is terrible on breakaways (and in the shootout), which will be a problem as long as Playfair coaches this D. Nilsson had a better save percentage at even strength.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Nilsson's numbers on a garbage team do stand out. Why is Buffalo letting him walk?

rt

May 13, 2004
Can have him work with our goaltending coach... oh wait.

Haha. I FORGOT about that. Our goalie coaches were Smith's childhood friends or whatever. Just random *******s off the street basically. No wonder Louis struggled. Dealing with THAT ********. This franchise...wow...

Maybe Lehner and DeAngelo can drain the swamp and make the Coyotes great again.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
There are half a dozen or more goaltenders that I wouldn't bat an eye if they signed or traded for. Literally. There are lots of options out there. That's why I was so set that they must trade him if there was interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad