Speculation: All Purpose Goalie Speculation Thread

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Wonder if Smith deal also buys us another week. AZ exposes Johnson in ExpDraft. If VGK pick MAF, Raanta and Grubauer, they'll need to deal at least one. Maybe on draft floor?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
No Doan (maybe), no Smitty, destined to be the youngest team in the league I guess.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
I would rather see the coyotes chase a goaltending coach. One of the Allaire's or someone trained by them. When Benoit was here, he worked wonders with Burke

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I'd be okay trying domingue as a starter for the next 2 seasons

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Johnson doesn't meet exposure criteria unless he signs contract.
Wonder if Smith deal also buys us another week. AZ exposes Johnson in ExpDraft. If VGK pick MAF, Raanta and Grubauer, they'll need to deal at least one. Maybe on draft floor?

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I would rather see the coyotes chase a goaltending coach. One of the Allaire's or someone trained by them. When Benoit was here, he worked wonders with Burke

With the Smith move, I'm pretty sure we'll be looking for a goalie coach. If only we could talk Burke into re-joining us, but he's obviously moved on :(

Of course, I suppose Schwab could move up as well and we could try and find someone for Tucson (or re-assign Elkin there--if he's interested)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Well it seems the Coyotes didn't get anyone before the freeze so we're looking at a trade with Vegas to not take Domingue or they figured out a novel way to expose someone of no value. There are technically no GP requirements for goalies exposed. They simply have to be under contract for next season.

Langhamer didn't sign a QO so it's not him

So can you technically choose to expose an ELC player even though they are exempt? If so, Miska could be the one exposed.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
From listening to the call, sounds like they want a really cheap goalie and to use that money elsewhere.

Options:
Pickard
Raanta
Grubauer
Korpisalo
Condon
Nilsson
Lehner
Dell
Kinkaid
Hutchinson
Hellebuyck

All under $2.5m

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Wow. I'll admit that I'm a bit risk averse, but going into the summer without the starting goalie on the roster is ballsy.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Wow. I'll admit that I'm a bit risk averse, but going into the summer without the starting goalie on the roster is ballsy.

No matter what happens it can't be as bad as the year Don Maloney tried saddling us with a three-headed goalie monster of David Aebischer, Alex Auld, and Michael Tellqvist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->