OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Topic (Part II)

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
The stars are aligned. I'll go to the city hall ask for it. Washington should go celebrate with us in Montreal... I want my parade :D

Reactions: Justin11

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I took a lot of time off from baseball after 1994.

I have to say the modern game of strikeouts and dingers is less appealing to me than the game I was raised on. Baseball was always "boring", but small ball created much more tension.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I took a lot of time off from baseball after 1994.

I have to say the modern game of strikeouts and dingers is less appealing to me than the game I was raised on. Baseball was always "boring", but small ball created much more tension.
Remember the stolen base era? Rains, Leflore, Scott, Coleman on the Cards, Rickey I am the greatest Henderson..........man I miss baseball like that!!!

Reactions: Tighthead

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Remember the stolen base era? Rains, Leflore, Scott, Coleman on the Cards, Rickey I am the greatest Henderson..........man I miss baseball like that!!!

I was born in 1970 and my friends and I got more excited about watching steals than homers.

I have a daughter who plays high level fastpitch and they still value the contact hitter there. In most games (even some at Provincials) the fence is 40 feet beyond the prescribed measure. So line drives into the gaps are valued.

Reactions: BLONG7

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I mean, we're not that far off from the Royals winning the WS in 2015 with a small ball team. Trends change, teams that have less money have to be creative and we've seen the Rays and A's survive pretty well through these times by initiating change. Pitching, defense and small ball still wins you championships, Rendon and Soto are supreme hitter, not just sluggers, Eaton stole a huge base yesterday, I still enjoy the game although I'm still nostalgic of the good 90's team, but let's not get caught too much in that nostalgia, I still can't wait until we get our team back! We'll have amazing games within that division!

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Report: Montreal businessman Stephen Bronfman to become shareholder of Tampa Rays "in a few months" - TSN.ca

Montreal businessman Stephen Bronfman said he and his group from Montreal will become co-owners of the Tampa Bay Rays in a few months, according to a report from Rejean Tremblay of the Montreal Journal.
“In a few months, probably three or four, our group from Montreal will become co-owner of the Tampa team with Stuart Sternberg, the current owner of the Rays. The negotiations are very advanced. We are going to become minority shareholders, but that doesn't bother us at all,” Bronfman said, per Tremblay's report.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Big meh.

Not enough cash to purchase 100% of a team ? Go home.

Expos: Bronfman dit ne pas avoir l’argent pour une équipe à temps plein
That’s precisely why NHL owners (who are more & more investment banking / hedge fund types) want nothing to do with a team in Quebec City. There’s limited deep pockets for ownership, little to no significant corporate players and minimal number of people with significant disposable income relative to US based cities in a country that’s 10x the population of Canada.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
not interested in baseball, even more so a part time team... this spells disaster

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
And they do not have enough money for a close stadium + team... why do we even talk here? Just develop the area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->