OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Topic (Part II)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Tampa attendance continues to downspiral despite the team pushing for a playoff spot.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Tampa attendance continues to downspiral despite the team pushing for a playoff spot.

Official attendance at 8779. Half of that actually attending is probably accurate. Expos even at their darkest were not this bad especially not when the team was half decent.

Rays play their last series vs tanking Jays while Indians will face Nats who are also battling for home field advantage in a WC game.

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
I can't really blame Rays fans. When ownership/MLB constantly jerks you around its really tough to stay a loyal fan. It similar to what happened to the Expos. The way the team was run during their last 10+ years was atrocious. How much time and money do you want to give to a team when they let one of their all time best players (Vladdy) leave and decide to play a bunch of home games in Puerto Rico. I think the only reason they had any fans left at the end was because of their rich history.

This is why is laugh when people say Mtl wasn't a baseball city. Run any business the way the Expos were run and see how many customers you have after a decade.

That being said, would be cool to see the Expos back.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Are the Expos/Tampa playing at the big O next year or is this all wishful thinking?Is this why you are saying RDS?

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Bronfman group will be in Oakland to cheer on the Rays on Wednesday. And there will be a presentation on the Bassin Peel project on Thursday. Per Jeremy Filosa.

Tampa Bay about to learn that not putting 10k in their stadium in the playoff run is NOT how you keep your team. Might not even keep the part-time custody.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Michael Farber on Melnick yesterday: imagine if the Rays end up facing the Nats in the WS -- it would be the future Expos battling the past Expos.

Reactions: Habaneros

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That's ****ing crazy. Here by just being 6 games away from wild card we got 20k-30k with Zach Day starting.

It’s been such a highly recurring phenomena this season that you get the feeling Tampa is done, it’s just not a viable market.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Kinda hard to believe a lot of this started with Warren Cromartie just trying to keep the dream alive, pretty much by himself. If the Expos end up coming back he'll have to get a lot of credit for it .

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Kinda hard to believe a lot of this started with Warren Cromartie just trying to keep the dream alive, pretty much by himself. If the Expos end up coming back he'll have to get a lot of credit for it .

What a force he's been. One of the most likeable Expos of all time.

TheItalianJob

Oct 10, 2018
Rome, Italy
So the 'Nats are one win away from the World Series. Hope they wear the Expos Throwback Jersey at least once if they make it. It surely won't happen, but it would be cool.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
So the 'Nats are one win away from the World Series. Hope they wear the Expos Throwback Jersey at least once if they make it. It surely won't happen, but it would be cool.

I will give the Jays credit, which is hard for me. I believe that for their first home World Series game ever, Paul Beeston had Charles Bronfman throw out the opening pitch as the person who brought baseball to Canada.

I am a cynic, and what you describe would be more sour than sweet for me.

Reactions: Burke the Legend

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Nats are officially going to WS. Rooting for them but road will be tough against Astros (most likely) or Yankees. Seeing Nats win after Harper left would be extra sweet.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad