OT: All-Purpose Expos Return Topic (Part II)

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
The company work for is located in Peel basin. A statement was recently released concerning the possible sale of the land by the port, once all leases are complete. In 4 years.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

I'm very conflicted looking at this. On one hand it's a clear marketing ploy and the Nationals are the ones who took in the Expos. On the other hand, it's such a sweet looking jersey and makes me want the Expos to come back now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

puke.gif

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Retractable roof is a no go. It doubles the cost of the stadium. And the only weather issues Montreal has are April and October. If you position an open stadium in the sun, the sun will do half the job. And before you object, I'm an architect with 30 years experience. A retractable roof is just dumb.

Open baseball stadiums are part of the overall experience and I hope this will be the solution. Wonder if potential owners will consider designs with possibility of adding at a later time some sort of cover be it partial or retractable if deemed more appropriate in the future. I guess that would restrict design possibilities and may increase costs.

Bronfman hinted he wants to have it multipurpose year round but still preferring an Open solution based on surveys with fans.

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Open baseball stadiums are part of the overall experience and I hope this will be the solution. Wonder if potential owners will consider designs with possibility of adding at a later time some sort of cover be it partial or retractable if deemed more appropriate in the future. I guess that would restrict design possibilities and may increase costs.

Bronfman hinted he wants to have it multipurpose year round but still preferring an Open solution based on surveys with fans.

NY and Montreal have similar weather in the summer and fall. And they've jumped lock, stock and barrel into an open air stadium at a high cost.

Why reinvent the wheel.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Game is today at 4pm, free on mlb.tv but going to listen on TVA

Last edited:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I don't care what anyone says this is a cool move from the nationals and of course it's marketing who cares. The jays games here are marketing, everything Bronfman does publicly is marketing, get over it it's pro sports, it's all marketing

Washington didn't STEAL our team they were just the first ones in line

just enjoy things for once

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If you like Expos uniforms in Washington, enjoy. No one is telling everyone that they all need to feel the same.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
If you like Expos uniforms in Washington, enjoy. No one is telling everyone that they all need to feel the same.

I enjoy the hope, it's a one time deal to honor the past until they come back like man, I really don't see anything negative about it

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I enjoy the hope, it's a one time deal to honor the past until they come back like man, I really don't see anything negative about it

Makes the world go round.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Im honestly disgusted they are doing that

i hate when franchises move they keep the other teams prestige, makes absolutely no sense to me

they are not the old expos, just like the coyotes arent the old jets, and the new jets arent the old thrashers

what happens if the devil rays actually move to montreal? washington will have to put a dead stop to this "hommage" or whatever the f*** theyre doing to upset montreal fans

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Im honestly disgusted they are doing that

i hate when franchises move they keep the other teams prestige, makes absolutely no sense to me

they are not the old expos, just like the coyotes arent the old jets, and the new jets arent the old thrashers

what happens if the devil rays actually move to montreal? washington will have to put a dead stop to this "hommage" or whatever the **** theyre doing to upset montreal fans

The day Expos are back they stop doing it because it doesn't make sense to do it anymore. It's not the first team to do that move... The way I see it, this marketing move tells me the Expos are coming back sooner rather than later, because they're hot right now it's in the air and everyone knows it.

and like what does prestige even mean? that's not ok but it's ok for teams to keep hammering the past eventho the only thing connecting the past from the present is usually the logo? seems arbitrary

say expos come back, why do they keep the prestige of the old expos?

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
The Expos had one of the best looking uniforms in all of MLB and in particular the version worn through to the end of the 1991 season. I was a little disappointed when they made the switch in 1992 to the style used for their remaining years in Montreal as the colors were no longer as vibrant as they were before the change. Anyway, we have our Jets back in Winnipeg and I'm hoping that you folks in Montreal will have your Expos back soon.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I hope all of these make it in MLB The Show.
Expos jerseys have been in The Show before. I think they're even in'19, but I'd never take the Nationals to actually check. What the game needs is the option to relocate or expansion. It's in all other games now (Not sure if you can expand in Madden, actually)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad