All Purpose EPL Fantasy - Premier League & Yahoo Leagues

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Courtois (high risk - high reward)
Caulker (solid backend for his team and good scorer)
Luis (another big risk. Concerned he won't start Monday...)
Jones (Good defender on a solid defense)
Sigurdsson (The 'good preseason' pick)
Puncheon (Hopefully able to make some profit and upgrade)
Sterling (He performs well: FPL me is happy; He underperforms: Chelsea me is happy)
Eriksen (Good performance late last year. Set-pieces)
Costa, Rooney and Sturridge... was looking at 2 of them + cheap, but couldn't hold myself back

3 cheap options who are more likely to rise in price than drop (low %selected, will get play time)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My team...

GK - De Gea, Krul
DF - Lovren, Chester, Terry, Azpilicueta, Janmaat
MF - Henderson, Sterling, Ramsey, Cabella, Herrera
ST - Costa, Jovetic, Bojan

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
My team:

GK: Begovic, Ospina
DEF: Jagielka, Coleman, Debuchy, Kolarov, Phil Jones
MID: Özil, Fabregas, Sterling, Puncheon, Lamela
ST: Jovetic, Lukaku, Frazier Campbell

46 Points. Accidentally made Özil my captain forgetting he wasn't playing. Stupid of me, that's what I get for doing it last minute.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
45 points. Debuchy and Vlaar on the bench... :facepalm: 13 points wasted. :banghead:

Keepers: Howard, Krul

Defense: Janmaat, Lovren, Ferdinand (Debuchy, Vlaar)
Midfield: Mata, Herrera, Sterling, Barry (Ben Arfa)
Forwards: Wickham, Sturrdige, Rooney.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
My team:
48 points

GK: Degea, Myhill
DEF: Lovren, Clyne, Azpilicueta, Filipe Luis, Chambers
MID: Hazard, Sterling, Chamberlain, Wilshere, Delph
STR: Rooney, Sturridge, Naismith

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
None of my business, but you will rarely see Felipe Luis and Azpi play at the same time for at least a while.

Jul 7, 2009
Might not be the spot to ask this but I am thinking of making a trade within my fantasy league with a few friends.

I would trade Kroos, and Ramos for Neymar, and Alba. I would then make a trade for Silva which I would give my friend Boateng.

I would have Neymar, Messi, with Muller, Bale, Gotze, Poga as my midfield and then finally my defence would be Alaba, Pique, Silva, and Alba for my defence.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Neymar's injuries are the only qualm I would have with that.

This week so far I have 51 points with Sterling and Jovetic left

LolungoReboundo

LeafsOnLeafsOnLeafs
Jan 28, 2011
Brampton
I'm doing EPL fantasy for the first time and I've never posted on this section of the site before save for maybe once or twice asking questions. But I am a huge football fan and here's how my team is shaped up now I'm second in my league with 195 points.

GK: Courtois, Gazzaniga
D: Chambers, Cresswell, Dier, Ivanovic, Christensen(Filler) (also ended up dropping sakho)
M:Ozil, Fabregas, Lamela, Hazard, Cabella
F: Diego Costa, Jovetic, Alexis

I moved a few guys around here and there but other than that this is what my team looks like. Any feedback on who to drop and add for good value?

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Back to first in our EPL fantasy league group and 273rd overall in Canada?

My secret? Not a single Arsenal player. :laugh:

tbh :laugh:

I started the season with Alexis and Cathorla, big mistake

Costa and Fabregas get me points

Rooney too, but his idiocy got him suspended

I thought I bought Aguero, but I picked Dzeko by mistake :laugh:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
tbh :laugh:

I started the season with Alexis and Cathorla, big mistake

Costa and Fabregas get me points

Rooney too, but his idiocy got him suspended

I thought I bought Aguero, but I picked Dzeko by mistake :laugh:

Everton + Southampton's back line for consecutive years have been great for me. It's a struggle with Manchester City because of Pellegrini's rotations and you can only rely on Toure to get into the line-up consistently. If Dzeko was 100% to start I'd jump all over him along with Nasri. Seems like Di Maria is this year's Suarez too.

The Winter break effed me over last year with the ridiculous amount of games in a short span with random players getting rested.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Everton + Southampton's back line for consecutive years have been great for me. It's a struggle with Manchester City because of Pellegrini's rotations and you can only rely on Toure to get into the line-up consistently. If Dzeko was 100% to start I'd jump all over him along with Nasri. Seems like Di Maria is this year's Suarez too.

The Winter break effed me over last year with the ridiculous amount of games in a short span with random players getting rested.

Thanks for the tips.
Di Maria is getting me points as well

But yeah EPL Fantasy is tough. A lot of games and cup tournaments, combined with some deep squads, means top players can be rested.

Next year I'll participate in La Liga fantasy league.
Just pick Messi and Ronaldo

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Ok January wildcard time is upon us. My team started out flying out of the gate. For over a month I was running away with the league. Then it started slowing down and struggling a bit and hit rock bottom in early December so I used a free wildcard and have ended up 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 2nd (in a 4 team league) the last four gameweeks. Despite decent recent trends the last two weeks, I think I need to use my free January wildcard early and try to salvage the season.

Here is my roster atm:

Bank - 0.7

GK
Pantilimon (SUN) - 4.5
Alnwick (NEW) - 4.0

DEF
Cahill (CHE) - 6.4
Coloccini (NEW) - 4.5
Hutton (AVL) - 4.3
Duff (BUR) - 4.0
Yun (QPR) - 3.9

MID

Sanchez (ARS) - 10.9
Fabregas (CHE) - 9.3
Eriksen (TOT) - 8.0
Colback (NEW) - 4.8
Marney (BUR) - 4.4

FWD
Van Persie (MUN) - 12.5
Costa (CHE) - 10.8
Austin (QPR) - 6.3

Any tips you guys have?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My team post wild-card:

GK
Forster (SOU)
Hamer (LEI)

DEF
Terry (CHE)
Azpiliqueta (CHE)
Alderweireld (SOU)
Janmaat (NEW)
Cameron (STK)

MID
Hazard (CHE)
Silva (MCI)
Tadic (SOU)
Coutinho (LIV)
Cattermole (STK)

FWD
Rooney (MUN)
Jovetic (MCI)
Kane (TOT)

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Wow now that is definitely a contrasting lineup than what I have. I doubt that I have the same knowledge of the EPL as you do, can you please explain a few of your choices?

Thanks

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
My lineup for next week

(BPL fantasy league)

nG3trHw.jpg

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Wow now that is definitely a contrasting lineup than what I have. I doubt that I have the same knowledge of the EPL as you do, can you please explain a few of your choices?

Thanks

Well, I went with a starting keeper and a back up that was really cheap. Forster is cheaper than some of the bigger name keepers and he also is playing behind a very potent possession team that hasn't conceded a lot this season.

The defenders are kind of the same thing. In retrospect I probably would have tried to get Ivanovic over Azpi because he bombs forward a bit more, but Terry and Azpi will get you a lot of defensive points and Terry has a knack for scoring goals from defence. Alderweireld again just plays on a team that doesn't concede a ton (plus he has some nice passing) and Janmaat likes to get involved offensively.

Hazard and Silva are pretty self explanatory. Two of the best offensive players in the EPL. Coutinho is a gut pick because since Liverpool switched formation and have used him centrally he's been their best player and really seems to be coming on strong (Sterling would not be a bad choice either because even though he's listed as a midfielder he is playing as striker now which will probably mean more scoring). Cattermole is just a really cheap backup who can pot some points sometimes and gets regular playing time when healthy. Tadic is playing on a strong goal scoring team and is really good offensively.

Rooney, Jovetic and Kane are pretty self explanatory. You'd have a hard time finding more bang for your buck than Kane lately. Aguero is injured meaning more opportunities for Jovetic and Rooney is Rooney.

Your team looks fine though.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
My lineup for next week

(BPL fantasy league)

nG3trHw.jpg

Hey, I'm a little computer illiterate. How do you just post a screenshot of your team like that?

Well, I went with a starting keeper and a back up that was really cheap. Forster is cheaper than some of the bigger name keepers and he also is playing behind a very potent possession team that hasn't conceded a lot this season.

The defenders are kind of the same thing. In retrospect I probably would have tried to get Ivanovic over Azpi because he bombs forward a bit more, but Terry and Azpi will get you a lot of defensive points and Terry has a knack for scoring goals from defence. Alderweireld again just plays on a team that doesn't concede a ton (plus he has some nice passing) and Janmaat likes to get involved offensively.

Hazard and Silva are pretty self explanatory. Two of the best offensive players in the EPL. Coutinho is a gut pick because since Liverpool switched formation and have used him centrally he's been their best player and really seems to be coming on strong (Sterling would not be a bad choice either because even though he's listed as a midfielder he is playing as striker now which will probably mean more scoring). Cattermole is just a really cheap backup who can pot some points sometimes and gets regular playing time when healthy. Tadic is playing on a strong goal scoring team and is really good offensively.

Rooney, Jovetic and Kane are pretty self explanatory. You'd have a hard time finding more bang for your buck than Kane lately. Aguero is injured meaning more opportunities for Jovetic and Rooney is Rooney.

Your team looks fine though.

Thanks a ton man. I like some of your picks and am trying to read up on some tips from different sources before I make the big change. Maybe I will try to stick it out a few more GWs until the middle or end of January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->