Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: Land Auction Date Set - 6/27

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Still all conjecture. Junior wasn’t the only one with access so nobody can say for sure who tweeted what unless you’re going to do real tracing and that involves court orders.

Doesn’t matter who did what. The damage is there.
I didn't say anything that was conjecture. AM Jr had access too, and was frequently using, the twitter account. There was reportedly also only one other social media manager for the team, so I'm not going to blame her for everything that has been posted there. Doesn't really matter either way, this isn't about what they posted, it's about nepotism and the Meruelo attitude.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
There’s a difference between cutting costs and not paying for services rendered. I also highly doubt that AM just suddenly starting doing this when he took control of the Coyotes.
For a PR firm that was hired it was likely down to what was in their contract and what was promised. If said company promised X but only delivered half of X they are not entitled to full amount of the contract. If an amount was paid and was settled, in or out of court, then it points to that contractor didn't live up to what was promised and is mad.

For the hotels, I am not sure. Without more information on it, it just a lot of conclusions drawn. Not sure if the team has negotiated rates with some hotels and the hotel manager may not have known, the manager thinking the amount is higher than it actually is then running to media...I don't know.

Without details, its easy to assume the worst, but since there hasn't been anything in court, I am assuming it all has been taken care of and everyone is square. Until someone delivers a summons to AM, its not a concern for me.

Enough with the what I don't knows...I do know AM needs a better money manager to stay on top of these financial items before anyone has a chance to cry to the press about them. I am also sure that he is not the only billionaire that has had to be reminded of the bill, I have not googled and devised a list, just saying I am sure you can find more than AM.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I didn't say anything that was conjecture. AM Jr had access too, and was frequently using, the twitter account. There was reportedly also only one other social media manager for the team, so I'm not going to blame her for everything that has been posted there. Doesn't really matter either way, this isn't about what they posted, it's about nepotism and the Meruelo attitude.

Right….. but which tweets are his and which aren’t?? You have people out there right now thinking he does all of them or assuming the ones they don’t like are his.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I don't understand defending AM. There are people from all corners of the hockey world saying, "This guy is a scumbag."

No other team operates this way.

All I'm gonna say is that there is a niche of groupies who kiss the rings of people who pretend at competence because of their money but who exemplify mediocrity, narcissism, sociopathy, and grift.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Right….. but which tweets are his and which aren’t?? You have people out there right now thinking he does all of them or assuming the ones they don’t like are his.
I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this. I don't care about which tweets are his or aren't. Neither should anyone else. What I do care about is that he was given that power, did something with it, and that whole endeavor by the Coyotes has been pathetic and incompetent.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Hell yes, I’ve enjoyed the crap we’ve had to date, more than not having a team to watch live.
Word.

I would love nothing more than to still be here in my 80s, having you Az-based and non-Az-based Utah fans razz me for never having had a home playoff game in the 15 years the Coyotes 2.0 have been in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Hell yes, I’ve enjoyed the crap we’ve had to date, more than not having a team to watch live.

TBH if he gets to the point where he can afford to build an arena, actually get it built, AND afford to repay the NHL, he would have answered basically all of these doubts by that point. So yes I think most people would accept it.

I just don't think he'll get that far. But if he does I'm there.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Do you want a team back if this guy is at the top?
No.

I come from a military family. You accept your deployments as your duty and fight no matter who is in the chain of command until your enlistment is up. But if you're offered the choice of reupping for another combat tour with the same incompetent commander who is likely to get you maimed or killed or a discharge, you take the latter. Only masochists get excited for the alternative.

Remember - Meruelo comes with Junior, the only person on the planet who legitimately believes Shane Doan has nothing to offer Arizona hockey.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
TBH if he gets to the point where he can afford to build an arena, actually get it built, AND afford to repay the NHL, he would have answered basically all of these doubts by that point. So yes I think most people would accept it.

No talk…..

No tweeting….

Just get it done…..

And I’m including the NHL in this…. much of this was their own doing as well.

If you really think about it…. you’ll figure it out.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
No.

I come from a military family. You accept your deployments as your duty and fight no matter who is in the chain of command until your enlistment is up. But if you're offered the choice of reupping for another combat tour with the same incompetent commander who is likely to get you maimed or killed or a discharge, you take the latter. Only masochists get excited for the alternative.

Remember - Meruelo comes with Junior, the only person on the planet who legitimately believes Shane Doan has nothing to offer Arizona hockey.

President of Hockey Operations roles are reserved for hockey whizzes like Gary Drummond!

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ

100000000 percent this.

The Meruelo's are garbage.

For now.

For them to not be garbage anymore, they need to succeed in buying the land, building the arena, and bringing the team back through reactivation and expansion.

To do this, they need to do basically everything Petey said in his open letter. Rehabilitation. Collaboration. Compassion.

I have no faith whatsoever they can and will. I hope I am wrong.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
No.

“We all gotta die sometime Red”

Barnes in Platoon, in case it wasn’t obvious.

No talk…..

No tweeting….

Just get it done…..

And I’m including the NHL in this…. much of this was their own doing as well.

If you really think about it…. you’ll figure it out.
I think I was one of the first to call Meruelo out, but yeah… the NHL pretty much set him up for failure. Of course he compounded that set up.

Reactions: TheLegend

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad