All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion - Please Send All HC/Starat Campaign Donations To Cap’s Venmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
No half measures.

09-mohawk.jpg

Whatd I tell you about posting pictures of yourself online? I swear you never listen.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Yi Pin on the Moorestown/Mt Laurel border.

They have a place at 11th & Walnut too, but I haven't tried it yet.

11th and walnut...in Philly? what's it called cause i pass by there every day and do not recall seeing that name for a resturant

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Sorry about the unpleasant truths out there...not like we don't have a serious situation. Don't have to be "nasty" about it though. I think I balance humor with seriousness enough on here but I can understand how this one would strike a nerve as it is doomsday.
Why would Newsweek manage to get not one but several secret military plans and wrote a story about them?

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Why would Newsweek manage to get not one but several secret military plans and wrote a story about them?
Who knows....could be psyops....obviously though they have contingencies...hopefully they never see the light of day whatever they may be.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
This is good:

New coronavirus test returns rapid results, but use may be limited - STAT

But the delay by the United States in implementing the trace, test and treat protocol that has been very successful in South Korea, is a real scandal.

Timeline: The Regulations—and Regulators—That Delayed Coronavirus Testing

"The first coronavirus case in the U.S. and South Korea was detected on January 21. Since then, South Korea has effectively contained the coronavirus without shutting down its economy or quarantining tens of millions of people. Instead, the Korean government has pursued a “trace, test, and treat” strategy that identifies and isolates those infected with the coronavirus while allowing healthy people to go about their normal lives."

"As of March 17, the U.S. had tested only about 125 people per million. South Korea had tested more than 5,000 people per million. Between early February and mid-March, the U.S. lost six crucial weeks because regulators stuck to rigid regulations instead of adapting as new information came in. While these rules might have made sense in normal times, they proved disastrous in a pandemic."

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is good:

New coronavirus test returns rapid results, but use may be limited - STAT

But the delay by the United States in implementing the trace, test and treat protocol that has been very successful in South Korea, is a real scandal.

Timeline: The Regulations—and Regulators—That Delayed Coronavirus Testing

"The first coronavirus case in the U.S. and South Korea was detected on January 21. Since then, South Korea has effectively contained the coronavirus without shutting down its economy or quarantining tens of millions of people. Instead, the Korean government has pursued a “trace, test, and treat” strategy that identifies and isolates those infected with the coronavirus while allowing healthy people to go about their normal lives."

"As of March 17, the U.S. had tested only about 125 people per million. South Korea had tested more than 5,000 people per million. Between early February and mid-March, the U.S. lost six crucial weeks because regulators stuck to rigid regulations instead of adapting as new information came in. While these rules might have made sense in normal times, they proved disastrous in a pandemic."
No worries..we are not far from April when it will just go away.....

Reactions: Tripod

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Isolation day #9 or 10 I guess. Sucks.

Tried to install GTA IV (I know) on Steam, and there are some weirdass changes that have been driving me nuts for the past hour. I just cant get it to run. Steam installs the game -> Steam installs Rockstar Games Launcher -> I try to run the game which immediately launches the RG Launcher -> I dont see the game in the launcher and cant play a thing. Grrrrrrr

Shrike

Dec 5, 2019

Tried to install GTA IV (I know) on Steam, and there are some weirdass changes that have been driving me nuts for the past hour. I just cant get it to run. Steam installs the game -> Steam installs Rockstar Games Launcher -> I try to run the game which immediately launches the RG Launcher -> I dont see the game in the launcher and cant play a thing. Grrrrrrr

I had this problem with the paradox launcher. Unfortunately it was the result of a switch in support to only 64 bit operating systems rather than 32 bit. I’m a Luddite so even figuring that out aged me prematurely. I ended up having to buy a new computer if I wanted to play stellaris.

Reactions: kudymen

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
11th and walnut...in Philly? what's it called cause i pass by there every day and do not recall seeing that name for a resturant

They’re in the process of moving locations, which I didn’t realize, but it was Spicy Memory.

Ah, the Games for Windows Live issue. They pulled it from the Steam Store because it’s so broken. You tried the suggested workarounds for GFWL?

Last edited:

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I had this problem with the paradox launcher. Unfortunately it was the result of a switch in support to only 64 bit operating systems rather than 32 bit. I’m a Luddite so even figuring that out aged me prematurely. I ended up having to buy a new computer if I wanted to play stellaris.

I like this post mainly due to the use of the word "Luddite"

Ah, the Games for Windows Live issue. They pulled it from the Steam Store because it’s so broken. You tried the suggested workarounds for GFWL?

I have read on Steam that there will be changes to GTA IV because they are trying to cut off from GfWL (happy about that, would be happier in 2008) - so I thought I will give the game a try. But instead, just the two things installed (the game itself and Rockstar Games launcher) and I havent found (google, steam community, my dumb head) any solutions to that... I cant workaround the GFWL because it is not even there :laugh:
I have always been quite savvy in breaking these things but this is just too annoying

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I like this post mainly due to the use of the word "Luddite"

I have read on Steam that there will be changes to GTA IV because they are trying to cut off from GfWL (happy about that, would be happier in 2008) - so I thought I will give the game a try. But instead, just the two things installed (the game itself and Rockstar Games launcher) and I havent found (google, steam community, my dumb head) any solutions to that... I cant workaround the GFWL because it is not even there :laugh:
I have always been quite savvy in breaking these things but this is just too annoying
Just get GTA V

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Just get GTA V

Yeah well thats exactly what lead me to it. I received notification that GTA V is on sale - on the same day GTA IV got broken. So I am a liiiiiiiiiittle suspicious about the timing there. :laugh: Plus, Czech Crown got a little weaker compared to Euro in the past few days, so GTA V is now a bit more expensive than a few days ago, ergo I am not buying it. :laugh:

(whoa I really need to go outside already)

Instead, I searched my Steam library for stuff I bought on sale but never played. Right now I am playing Star Wars: Force Unleashed - I bought it because it was so hyped back then. Jesus, Darth Vader is walking so slowly

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I wouldn't fully trust food prep or companies like McDonalds where people are known to work sick. I think that CNN article just played down the risk....who knows how low it really is.

Based on this article....you could have transmission from fecal matter....so it is not just respiratory transmission. There has been evidence of gastro issues with the virus but it is not as prevalent as respiratory. If ordering out I would stick to establishments that are much more conscientious about their workers in general. We know a lot of fast food joints are not..

Experts call for stool tests as faecal transmission of Covid-19 confirmed

He added citizens should be careful about hygiene in public toilets now that it had been confirmed the coronavirus could be transmitted through stool. That was because infected patients had no choice but to touch the flushing buttons and the taps before they could wash their hands, he said.

Professor Francis Chan Ka-leung said those who worked at elderly care centres and had to help people in the toilet needed to be careful. If they accidentally touched the stool and then delivered food, then the elderly residents could be infected.

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

That series was a year or so after I moved to Toronto. It felt like me against the world.

I lived in an apartment down the hall from some friends. Sometime during the second period they all left my place and went down the hall rather than watch the game with me.

I could still hear the taunts throughout the game. The noise that erupted on the Kapanen hit was deafening.
The silence from down the hall after Roenick's goal was glorious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad