All Purpose Coronavirus Discussion Part XVII: The Read A Book Edition

Is Mayonnaise An Instrument?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
He threatened to give the dog treats, he didn't imply the treats were poisoned.
As he said to CNN, many dog owners hate other people giving their dogs treats and the threat gets them to leash their dogs.
And she was not "technically wrong," she was wrong period, having her dog loose in an area where it was specifically prohibited.

I've walked dogs for 20 years, often off-leash in some areas where it wasn't allowed (usually park areas where there were few people), if challenged, I immediately put the dog on his leash, without protest or question - if you're wrong, don't compound the damage by trying to pretend you're the injured party!
You don’t say “you’re not going to like what I do” without it being intended to be perceived as a threat. If he didn’t mean it to sound like a vague threat, he would have phrased it to not sound like one.
“I’m going to toss your dog treats until you put him on a leash”. I mean I guess technically that’s still a threat, but a non violent one.

Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
The sum total of what I'm saying is that your thought process was immature, superficial, and embarrassing. Had you instead made this post instead of blanketly accusing wide swaths of people of being "blinded by the media," I would have said nothing because I don't wish to have this particular discussion.

I have not screamed for anyone to lose their job. The closest I've come was saying that her company can legally take that step if they wish as that was a point of discussion earlier.

What? I do not have the time to recount every point from past discussion where I did lay out my point likely when I did have the time and motivation. Blinded by the media was in reference to a prior post. My thought process is perfectly in line. If my conclusion is different than yours do not resort to calling me immature or embarrassing. I honestly take offense to that and don’t believe describing someone in such terms should be accepted by this site. I would appreciate if you kept those comments to yourself. I’m here if you actually want to have a discussion and not put others down. If you can’t do that, don’t respond. Thanks.

Actually it's the opposite, in a pandemic you'd never let your dog off leash because he might get entangled with another dog and then you'd have to break social distance to retrieve him. I'm very careful walking my dog these days for that reason.

I don’t know where you live but I think a dog in a small NYC apt should be of the leash every day and free to run.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
One time I saw @Striiker in the park without his child leash on. I told his guardian that this wasn’t allowed, and there was a busy road nearby where he could run around without his leash. After this was rejected as too dangerous, I said, "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.”

“What’s that?”

“Come here, Striiker,” I said.

“He won’t come to you,” was the response.

“We’ll see about that.”

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to an NBCSP article that said Hagg should start over Ghost in the playoffs. I have never seen a child run so fast in my life. I was recording the incident, but unfortunately, he ate my phone.
Mods can we get a sticky?

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
What? I do not have the time to recount every point from past discussion where I did lay out my point likely when I did have the time and motivation. Blinded by the media was in reference to a prior post. My thought process is perfectly in line. If my conclusion is different than yours do not resort to calling me immature or embarrassing. I honestly take offense to that and don’t believe describing someone in such terms should be accepted by this site. I would appreciate if you kept those comments to yourself. I’m here if you actually want to have a discussion and not put others down. If you can’t do that, don’t respond. Thanks.

I don’t know where you live but I think a dog in a small NYC apt should be of the leash every day and free to run.
They have dog parks for that. Fenced in areas specifically for the dog to run. Dogs should always be on a leash when the possibility to encounter other people outside the designated area could be encountered.
My dogs as friendly as can be but she still has a mouthful of fang like teeth. I have no idea if she would ever bite anyone because he’s an animal at the end of the day. A kid could be petting her and accidentally step on her paw or yank her ear on purpose or poke her eye or anything and the dog could bite in self defense. No one pets my dog but people I KNOW and she is never off the leash.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It’s the impartiality of the fact checking thats bs above all else. Everything trump tweets will come with a disclaimer but you have multiple blue check marks posting pictures and private information of “the cop” who may have killed George Floyd, and it’s the wrong person. The pictures and info have been up for hours with multiple people @‘ing whichever parties are responsible for fact checking.

If the fact checking is incorrect, Trump can tweet the evidence, of course, he'll need to find the right lumberjacks.

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They have dog parks for that. Fenced in areas specifically for the dog to run. Dogs should always be on a leash when the possibility to encounter other people outside the designated area could be encountered.
My dogs as friendly as can be but she still has a mouthful of fang like teeth. I have no idea if she would ever bite anyone because he’s an animal at the end of the day. A kid could be petting her and accidentally step on her paw or yank her ear on purpose or poke her eye or anything and the dog could bite in self defense. No one pets my dog but people I KNOW and she is never off the leash.

Yea all I know is she said it wasn’t safe at the dog park. Who knows.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
First off it’s a CUP not a BAR so your poll is ruined already
giphy-700x.gif

:thumbd:

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Pa. House Democrats say they were in the dark for a week about Republican’s positive coronavirus test

State Rep. Andrew Lewis, R-Dauphin, said in a statement that he received a positive COVID-19 result May 20 and immediately began self-isolation. He said he informed House officials after he received the result, and they have worked to identify anyone with whom he may have come into contact. Lewis said he was last in the Capitol on May 14.

One of Lewis’ House colleagues, Rep. Russ Diamond, R-Lebanon, confirmed he was contacted and asked to self-quarantine — although several Democrats said two other Republican lawmakers were also told to stay home for 14 days.

Upon hearing the news Wednesday, Democrats immediately began demanding answers from their Republican colleagues about why they had not been informed sooner that one of their colleagues had tested positive. Some demanded resignations

So basically this Republican guy tested positive and when it says he told "House Officials" that means he told REPUBLICAN officials because the PA state houses are controlled by Republicans (thanks Gerrymandering). None of those officials told all of the members and none of those officials told ANY Democrats. Even Democrats that were on committees with that person.

While these Republicans were attacking the Governor, saying he should be removed, saying Coronavirus reaction is overblown. They had someone getting infected and were quarantining OTHER Republican members, but never told a single Democrat.

Reactions: deadhead

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Trump to sign executive order on social-media companies on Thursday

This is just kind of funny. He can’t censor but I think he could creative. I don’t think Twitter should have done anything and I don’t think trump should do anything now. I’m sure there will be a docuseries about it later. It was a big decision to make.

Twitter has rules (so does Facebook, as anyone who has run afoul of them, not moi, will attest) that Trump has repeatedly violated.
The company refrained from holding him accountable.
The fact check was with regard to their new policy to block attempts to suppress voting in the 2020 election.

For example, his egregious slander of Joe Scarborough (and the pain inflicted on the woman's widower) should never have been permitted under Twitter's rules. I can't remember any President, and practically any politician at all (except for a handful of fringe people) who have stooped that low - the GO is not just unfit to be POTUS, he's unfit for any decent society. You have to go back to Joe McCarthy to find a parallel at the national level.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Pa. House Democrats say they were in the dark for a week about Republican’s positive coronavirus test

State Rep. Andrew Lewis, R-Dauphin, said in a statement that he received a positive COVID-19 result May 20 and immediately began self-isolation. He said he informed House officials after he received the result, and they have worked to identify anyone with whom he may have come into contact. Lewis said he was last in the Capitol on May 14.

One of Lewis’ House colleagues, Rep. Russ Diamond, R-Lebanon, confirmed he was contacted and asked to self-quarantine — although several Democrats said two other Republican lawmakers were also told to stay home for 14 days.

Upon hearing the news Wednesday, Democrats immediately began demanding answers from their Republican colleagues about why they had not been informed sooner that one of their colleagues had tested positive. Some demanded resignations

So basically this Republican guy tested positive and when it says he told "House Officials" that means he told REPUBLICAN officials because the PA state houses are controlled by Republicans (thanks Gerrymandering). None of those officials told all of the members and none of those officials told ANY Democrats. Even Democrats that were on committees with that person.

While these Republicans were attacking the Governor, saying he should be removed, saying Coronavirus reaction is overblown. They had someone getting infected and were quarantining OTHER Republican members, but never told a single Democrat.

Well, it is a Democratic hoax, so telling the Democrats would be playing into their hands. :sarcasm:

Probably motivated by the realization that it's hard to attack the Democratic Governor for not opening up the state faster when your caucus is in isolation.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013

That’s not cool in the least bit. They should be held accountable.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
My brother in law was jogging with his (leashed) dog one time and another (off leash) dog ran up to her and attacked. My BiL and the off leash owner separated them before too much physical damage was done, but it f***ed up the poor thing mentally. Now they have to keep her separated from other dogs and for a long time she was on puppy Prozac to help calm her down.

It didn’t work well enough so they had to keep her in a muzzle even at home because she would occasionally go after their other dog.

Leash your f***ing animals, people.

Yukon Cornelius

Oct 10, 2019
SC PA

Just one of many reasons I hate politics. They live in their world, the rest of us live in ours....one where most people treat others with decency and respect.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad