Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
100845331_3802535776488151_5467875263415058432_n.jpg
GO HANG A SALAMI, IM A LASAGNA HOG

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Apparently by the dudes own admission, if this is a legit account, he did threaten the dog and carries dog treats regularly “in case this situation would ever come up”
View attachment 347761

Makes sense. Usually people don’t go crazy on other people unless something happens. Even the Karen’s of the world have something happen and then don’t handle it well.

Yeah, he was actually right here and the other two were making things up. The lady in the video never said she got "attacked", she said she (and her dog) got threatened.

And she was right too. The guy even admitted it in his facebook post. This was a case of two idiots interacting, not some racist conspiracy as you'd think if you listened to social media.

Yet another example of a context-less video being posted and people jumping to wild conclusions without knowing the full story. The internet never learns.

I really don’t see how anyone can see it any other way unless they are blinded by the media like many on here seem to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Defect

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Everyone who disagrees with me is incapable of thought and/or being dishonest. A classic hallmark of a point that's bereft of consideration. Really shameful stuff here.

So you think he was right to threaten her dog? It’s interesting bc you are also demonstrating behavior you speak of in your post by posting it, by not seeing any other side. I can understand if she didn’t want to walk to play with her dog somewhere that was crowded in NYC as she stated it wasn’t safe there. This is a pandemic. Maybe birdwatching rules don’t apply and people will do things a bit outside the rules to stay safe.

She was technically wrong to have the dog loose.
He was wrong to threaten her dog.
She was very wrong to intended a racism.

They were both wrong. This is exemplified in her apologizing and him saying he doesn’t think the consequence of her life being destroyed was good. I personally think no one should be racist and no one should possibly destroy someone’s life for something like this.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

"Fact checking" does not constitute an attack on free speech, nor is it a "shut-down" of conservative voices.

What irritates him is if the fact check is attached to his tweet, it'll be read by the people reading his tweet, whereas if the fact check is buried on CNN's or the NYT website, it'll be seen by far fewer people and none of his potential supporters.

So his complaint comes down to being exposed as a liar to his minions.

He's certainly free to tweet why the fact checks are wrong, but that would require reading and marshalling "facts", when he'd prefer to simply contract out that task to lumberjacks when someone attacks his imagination.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So you think he was right to threaten her dog? It’s interesting bc you are also demonstrating behavior you speak of in your post by posting it, by not seeing any other side. I can understand if she didn’t want to walk to play with her dog somewhere that was crowded in NYC as she stated it wasn’t safe there. This is a pandemic. Maybe birdwatching rules don’t apply and people will do things a bit outside the rules to stay safe.

They were both wrong. This is exemplified in her apologizing and him saying he doesn’t think the consequence of her life being destroyed was good. I personally think no one should be racist and no one should possibly destroy someone’s life for something like this.

He threatened to give the dog treats, he didn't imply the treats were poisoned.
As he said to CNN, many dog owners hate other people giving their dogs treats and the threat gets them to leash their dogs.
And she was not "technically wrong," she was wrong period, having her dog loose in an area where it was specifically prohibited.

I've walked dogs for 20 years, often off-leash in some areas where it wasn't allowed (usually park areas where there were few people), if challenged, I immediately put the dog on his leash, without protest or question - if you're wrong, don't compound the damage by trying to pretend you're the injured party!

Reactions: Jack Straw

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He threatened to give the dog treats, he didn't imply the treats were poisoned.
As he said to CNN, many dog owners hate other people giving their dogs treats and the threat gets them to leash their dogs.
And she was not "technically wrong," she was wrong period, having her dog loose in an area where it was specifically prohibited.

I've walked dogs for 20 years, often off-leash in some areas where it wasn't allowed (usually park areas where there were few people), if challenged, I immediately put the dog on his leash, without protest or question - if you're wrong, don't compound the damage by trying to pretend you're the injured party!

I don’t know for sure, but it sounded like he just said ‘you’re not going to like what I’m going to do to your dog’ while having treats in his pocket. That’s a threat. She didn’t know it was for a treat haha. And either way, no stranger is giving my kid a treat. I don’t have a dog (yet). I think it’s easy to see knowing what I know.

Technically wrong means wrong. No gray area. But in a pandemic maybe it was safest. If there are a ton of people at a cross walk during a pandemic I will be jaywalking for obvious reasons. Maybe this was an obvious reason. It’s a pandemic!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not sure why a poster on here would lie about what was said.

As a reminder, this is literally from the guy himself:

EY6jvecWoAI67Nk

He never "threatened to give the dog treats", he said "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it", then he tried to get the dog to come to him, she said "He won't come to you", he said "We'll see about that". No mention of treats until the next paragraph where he said he was about to pull them out of his pocket... he never said anything about them to the woman, so she wouldn't know that was what he was threatening.

She was wrong to have the dog without the leash.
He was wrong to threaten them and try to bait the dog to him.
Two people who made dumb mistakes and are both in the wrong.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

The sum total of what I'm saying is that your thought process was immature, superficial, and embarrassing. Had you instead made this post instead of blanketly accusing wide swaths of people of being "blinded by the media," I would have said nothing because I don't wish to have this particular discussion.

I have not screamed for anyone to lose their job. The closest I've come was saying that her company can legally take that step if they wish as that was a point of discussion earlier.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
One time I saw @Striiker in the park without his child leash on. I told his guardian that this wasn’t allowed, and there was a busy road nearby where he could run around without his leash. After this was rejected as too dangerous, I said, "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.”

“What’s that?”

“Come here, Striiker,” I said.

“He won’t come to you,” was the response.

“We’ll see about that.”

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to an NBCSP article that said Hagg should start over Ghost in the playoffs. I have never seen a child run so fast in my life. I was recording the incident, but unfortunately, he ate my phone.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
One time I saw @Striiker in the park without his child leash on. I told his guardian that this wasn’t allowed, and there was a busy road nearby where he could run around without his leash. After this was rejected as too dangerous, I said, "Look, if you're going to do what you want, I'm going to do what I want, but you're not going to like it.”

“What’s that?”

“We’ll see about that.”

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to an NBCSP article that said Hagg should start over Ghost in the playoffs. I have never seen a child run so fast in my life. I was recording the incident, but unfortunately, he ate my phone.

tenor.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

“What’s that?”

“We’ll see about that.”

I shouldn't be out in public at all, let alone off my leash...

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Not a book but somewhat book related, the actor who played Dudley in the Harry Potter movies (Harry Melling) is the grandson of Patrick Troughton, who was The Doctor (Doctor Who) from ‘66 to ‘69.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Technically wrong means wrong. No gray area. But in a pandemic maybe it was safest. If there are a ton of people at a cross walk during a pandemic I will be jaywalking for obvious reasons. Maybe this was an obvious reason. It’s a pandemic!

Actually it's the opposite, in a pandemic you'd never let your dog off leash because he might get entangled with another dog and then you'd have to break social distance to retrieve him. I'm very careful walking my dog these days for that reason.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I do, as well as Al-Jazeera and a couple of others to try to get a full spectrum.
IMO Al Jazeera isn't a reliable news source. Case in point is Qatar was getting hammered by outside press about their labor practices with building the stadiums for the World Cup and it got a little press from the English language side but was not covered in Arabic.

A quality news source will cover the good and bad from its home country. What they did was damn near censorship of a story that made them look bad. Also the faultlines show is dubious at best.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
"Fact checking" does not constitute an attack on free speech, nor is it a "shut-down" of conservative voices.

What irritates him is if the fact check is attached to his tweet, it'll be read by the people reading his tweet, whereas if the fact check is buried on CNN's or the NYT website, it'll be seen by far fewer people and none of his potential supporters.

So his complaint comes down to being exposed as a liar to his minions.

He's certainly free to tweet why the fact checks are wrong, but that would require reading and marshalling "facts", when he'd prefer to simply contract out that task to lumberjacks when someone attacks his imagination.
It’s the impartiality of the fact checking thats bs above all else. Everything trump tweets will come with a disclaimer but you have multiple blue check marks posting pictures and private information of “the cop” who may have killed George Floyd, and it’s the wrong person. The pictures and info have been up for hours with multiple people @‘ing whichever parties are responsible for fact checking.

Reactions: Striiker

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
For the next thread the poll should be either is a hotdog a sandwich or is Reece's Peanut Butter Cups a top class candy bar.

Asnito

Mar 2, 2017
It’s the impartiality of the fact checking thats bs above all else. Everything trump tweets will come with a disclaimer but you have multiple blue check marks posting pictures and private information of “the cop” who may have killed George Floyd, and it’s the wrong person. The pictures and info have been up for hours with multiple people @‘ing whichever parties are responsible for fact checking.
A fact checking source needs to be verified for it's veracity before you trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad