Is Mayonnaise An Instrument?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
The only solution to this is doing it so often you stop caring. There are only so many ways to get back on and they all feel awkward to me. And I've done it a lot.

Back in high school I was on the too-small dance committee so I spent many hours on a tall scaffold (Which we removed the safety rails from because they were taller than the gym's girders and working around that slowed us down; we had a firm NO f***ING AROUND rule with only two people up at a time and never left the center. Looking back we were out of our lunatic minds), and getting down was easily the hardest part. We really should have had a harness. Seniors all wanted to write their names on the gym ceiling/girders. I probably could have made a lot of money doing it for them, but if they asked I just did it. A tiny number of guys came up and successfully did it themselves. The troubling group was the pool of macho dudes who had to act tough, and therefore didn't have the wisdom to ask us to do it. They'd climb up, get up top, and freeze. Some of them would manage to crouch and scribble something out. None of them were able to get back on the ladder. Not one. We had to break our Rule of Two several times to safely get those guys back on the ladder. We warned all of them that the scaffold crew had built up to being up there over months or years and that the first time can be terrifying, but nooooo they were too badass for all that.

At least I got to see every cocky fake-badass in my class melt down. I wasn't a dick about it and didn't tell anyone else, it's not a fun thing to go through...but that's still satisfying on some primal level.

Not to be “cocky“ or whatever, but I’ve done shark feeding dives in open ocean and no cage, night dives with only a torch and drift dives with currents that you are basically forced to simply go along with. Under the sea is a beautiful world to explore. Prob the most “dangerous” I can think of?

Heights though. Haha. f***ing terrifying. Hate them. My first ever job was working for a painting guy and he had me go up in a skyjack at the age of 15 and hang tarps off the ceiling of a large grocery store. Heights are just not cool. No thank you. Dunno how people do it. I freeze and want to curl up into a ball.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Heights don’t bother me, my grandfather worked on houses and once fell off of a 30 foot ladder and didn’t break a single bone.

Of course he fell off the first step :nod:

As far as books I’ve recently read the first Dresden Files book (very meh) and the first Mistborn book (Sanderson’s climaxes make me climax).

I’ve been working on God Emperor of Dune for months. It’s tough, it’s very dry compared to the previous three.

BuriedInIce

Mar 6, 2010
San Diego
I'm surprised they are opening restaurants but don't want you spending time with friends. That makes little sense. It's easier to social distance with a small group of friends in your yard than it is with strangers at a restaurant or store.

That was my thought--seems safer to still order takeout then gather with very small group of friends in a yard/outdoor space. The Public Health Order states "Practice social distancing. Keep at least six feet away from other people unless they’re household members. Avoid gatherings of any size", but the safe opening plan states "Limit the number of patrons at a single table to a household unit or patrons who have asked to be seated together." Looks like they know it will be difficult to enforce same household members dining together.

Reactions: Rebels57

BuriedInIce

Mar 6, 2010
San Diego
I love Coronado. One of the places I miss the most about living in SoCal.

I've driven to Coronado but have not done anything there yet - looking forward to getting out of my place for an extended period. Just moved here in January, so I didn't have much time to do anything other than join 3 hockey teams and play as much as possible before COVID hit.

Reactions: Starat327

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Led Zeppelin: Rain Song
The Beatles: Rain
Breaking Benjamin: Rain
CCR: Who'll Stop the Rain
Queen: Rain Must Fall
Grateful Dead: Box of Rain
Led Zeppelin: Fool in the Rain
Led Zeppelin: When the Levee Breaks
Bob Dylan: A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall

That's the best I can do at this point
GnR November Rain

Reactions: Yukon Cornelius

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Not to be “cocky“ or whatever, but I’ve done shark feeding dives in open ocean and no cage, night dives with only a torch and drift dives with currents that you are basically forced to simply go along with. Under the sea is a beautiful world to explore. Prob the most “dangerous” I can think of?

Heights though. Haha. f***ing terrifying. Hate them. My first ever job was working for a painting guy and he had me go up in a skyjack at the age of 15 and hang tarps off the ceiling of a large grocery store. Heights are just not cool. No thank you. Dunno how people do it. I freeze and want to curl up into a ball.
Under the water is just inverse height but with sharks.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Not to be “cocky“ or whatever, but I’ve done shark feeding dives in open ocean and no cage, night dives with only a torch and drift dives with currents that you are basically forced to simply go along with. Under the sea is a beautiful world to explore.

Heights though. Haha. f***ing terrifying. Hate them. My first ever job was working for a painting guy and he had me go up in a skyjack at the age of 15 and hang tarps on the ceiling of a large grocery store. Heights are just not cool. No thank you. Dunno how people do it. I freeze and want to curl up into a ball.

Night dives are a thing I wouldn't do. The moment I got disoriented (and I would) I'd blow it. That I know. I have zero idea how I'd deal with sharks.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
JoJo pls not like this

Can we get a "I don't get the reference" option so I know who to consider adding to my ignore list?

I Googled it. You need an allowance for being out of the age range. I've never seen a single episode. Also, I didn't have a childhood. So even if it was in the right period of time, I probably wouldn't have seen it.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Getting ready to dig into Stephen King’s new one, If It Bleeds. It’s a collection of 4 novellas.

Ohhh baby. Let me know how it goes! I'm not a fan of his short stories usually, but his last main two. Institute and the Outsider. So good!

Reactions: BiggE

Illini Flyer

Jan 30, 2019
Near St Louis
0995B647-4C9B-4C37-9E26-D27A5BADEE1F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad