Is Mayonnaise An Instrument?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Me and my brothers started on our combined "200 films we have never watched" list last night. (basically all four of us made a list of 50 films we had personally never seen but really wanted to, with no consultation between us and not knowing who had put what, and then put them together and plugged into an excel random generator that can plug some parameters into.)

The Tale of Zatoichi (1962) came up first. Not my choice and knew it was first in a veeeeeery long series (26 films!) but was actually pretty darn good. Surprised me. The sword-fighting melees were pretty bad/unrealistic... but apart from that cant really fault it. Really well paced as well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Akim Aliu’s Account of Racism Pushes Hockey to Search Its Soul

The article isn't available on-line, but here's a harrowing incident:

Aliu said that after he refused to strip naked for a rookie hazing ritual (for Windsor in the OHL), a teammate retaliated by attacking him with a hockey stick in their next practice, knowing out seven of his teeth.
Aliu wrote that the player was Steve Downie . .

Reactions: Defect and Rebels57

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Jodie Comer is ridiculously good looking. That is my profound post for the day.

Have you seen Dr Foster? It's on Amazon Prime.

tumblr_prambspbPF1sw2yhio4_250.gifv

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Me and my brothers started on our combined "200 films we have never watched" list last night. (basically all four of us made a list of 50 films we had personally never seen but really wanted to, with no consultation between us and not knowing who had put what, and then put them together and plugged into an excel random generator that can plug some parameters into.)

The Tale of Zatoichi (1962) came up first. Not my choice and knew it was first in a veeeeeery long series (26 films!) but was actually pretty darn good. Surprised me. The sword-fighting melees were pretty bad/unrealistic... but apart from that cant really fault it. Really well paced as well.

I haven't seen the original Zatoichis. He's blind in those right? Or was that just an innovation for the 2003 version?

If you want to see another bad take on that, check out the 1989 film with Rutger Hauer as the lead. Blind Fury.

Reactions: Appleyard

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Akim Aliu’s Account of Racism Pushes Hockey to Search Its Soul

The article isn't available on-line, but here's a harrowing incident:

Aliu said that after he refused to strip naked for a rookie hazing ritual (for Windsor in the OHL), a teammate retaliated by attacking him with a hockey stick in their next practice, knowing out seven of his teeth.
Aliu wrote that the player was Steve Downie . .

That story has been well known for at least 10 years. Downie is a complete and total piece of shit. On and off the ice. I really hope he has changed.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I haven't seen the original Zatoichis. He's blind in those right? Or was that just an innovation for the 2003 version?

If you want to see another bad take on that, check out the 1989 film with Rutger Hauer as the lead. Blind Fury.

Yeh, he is blind in the original as well. Cant vouch for anything apart from the 1st film... but worth a watch.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->