Status
Not open for further replies.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Incredibly dangerous but dude has skill

I was expecting the shovel operator to lose control and thwak those two girls. Not wanting - expecting.

About time we got back to some pertinent conversation. There was some hockey talk in this thread, which confused my little brain and the mention of Ruth's Chris has me craving steak right now. Or jaguar. Or leopards. Or Bouncy Castles.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
“I’m a petulant child and I am very proud to broadcast that about myself!”

D6568E5D-400B-4184-8378-9F1AF85F3766.jpeg

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I’ve tried to calm on some of this stuff but can’t resist today. Good on these folks for standing up. I feel in NA we don’t enough.

Healthcare workers fined at hospital protest

Hits a bit today as the genius powers that be are instituting a policy of one mask per day to be re applied after breaks. For suspect cases or non Covid related cases.

Surg mask for that long, taken on and off (touched) is an insulting waste of time. It only takes one positive, to spread this stuff easily.

All about saving that money. f*** em all.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
How about if it infringes on their religious beliefs?

If theres a legitimate religious reason, I understand that. but 90% of the people i know who refuse to vaccinate their children do so because "I dont want an autistic child" which is the dumbest thing in existence since it has been medically proven beyond doubt that vaccinations do not increase the autism rate in children. Those are the dumb ones, and those people should be forced to live in a commune, so they can keep all the diseases, viruses, and everything else the miracle of modern medicine has eradicated to themselves. Pretending like your child is worse off with autism than polio is seriously the nadir of human society and shows an incomprehensible level of ignorance towards one, or both 'diseases'.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
If theres a legitimate religious reason, I understand that. but 90% of the people i know who refuse to vaccinate their children do so because "I dont want an autistic child" which is the dumbest thing in existence since it has been medically proven beyond doubt that vaccinations do not increase the autism rate in children. Those are the dumb ones, and those people should be forced to live in a commune, so they can keep all the diseases, viruses, and everything else the miracle of modern medicine has eradicated to themselves. Pretending like your child is worse off with autism than polio is seriously the nadir of human society and shows an incomprehensible level of ignorance towards one, or both 'diseases'.
I agree. Anti vaxxers are weird and stupid. I also think christen scientists and jehovas witnesses are right up there.
Not getting vaccines across the board is dumb as hell.
I do think there is something said to not get a new vaccine right off the bat however.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I agree. Anti vaxxers are weird and stupid. I also think christen scientists and jehovas witnesses are right up there.
Not getting vaccines across the board is dumb as hell.
I do think there is something said to not get a new vaccine right off the bat however.

Yeah, I can understand not wanting to be the guinea pig, but I think a lot of that goes back to how much you trust the FDA to do their jobs correctly. Without making this too political, I wouldn't trust anything that was fast-tracked in the current environment because we seem to think everything is 'the cure' but arent allowing the proper time to test and vet said 'cures'. I have doubts that the first 'cure' will even be effective, because right now the messaging appears to be "this could work, we should take this", which isnt the way modern medicine works. We should be better than the people of the 1400s mixing up tonics and potions in a dirty bowl and saying its a cure at this point.

Reactions: Defect

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I for one can't believe someone who "treats patients" can comfortably argue your stance. It's concerning.

More people sick = more people dead. Is that...really what you want? As a healthcare provider?

Concerning.

I never said anything about letting the virus go and that being the best way. I was arguing the curve distribution. But thanks for your concern. I feel that I’m a damn good “provider”.

Something something billable hours? I got nothing

Don’t be that person. Most healthcare professionals are underpaid and certainly won’t be getting higher pay. Cuts happen all the time.

You are entitled to an opinion, but as a professional you should know better then to make statements that sound like your opinion is a fact. Until your opinion has supporting evidence it is simply an estimation. In the estimation that the virus was in the US months before mid Feb (based on the time from infection to death of Feb 26th) you are extrapolating a lot when the first death we know of was in early Feb.

I mean you mentioned multiple times "using the information we know" (paraphrasing). You know there was a death in early Feb, anything before that you don't know.

When no one knows exactly what’s going on you have to take what you do know and use. Some of it with a grain of sand, some with more weight. Doing this right will save lives. For example, diagnosing a false negative swab test through other signs and symptoms and retesting, stopping that pt going to a non covid floor and potentially infecting a lot of sick people and staff.

It’s my opinion that the virus was here in early January from the stuff I clearly have read more on as you didn’t know the initial known pt death here. It’s not responsible to put doubt on someone who knows more than you bc you want to be righteous.

Either way, there is plenty of evidence of it being around way earlier than thought. France has their “first” cluster in late jan. But they had a case of a reviewed flu symptoms samples from the icu that was positive for covid Dec. 27. And that person had not visited China. And they were obviously sick before being in the icu. The boarder was open to Europe long long after that. There are plenty of other articles stating that same things I have.

@deadhead interesting

Genetic Study Shows COVID-19 Was in France Weeks Before The First Case Was Reported

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I’ve tried to calm on some of this stuff but can’t resist today. Good on these folks for standing up. I feel in NA we don’t enough.

Healthcare workers fined at hospital protest

Hits a bit today as the genius powers that be are instituting a policy of one mask per day to be re applied after breaks. For suspect cases or non Covid related cases.

Surg mask for that long, taken on and off (touched) is an insulting waste of time. It only takes one positive, to spread this stuff easily.

All about saving that money. f*** em all.

It may be PPE availability, France depleted its billion mask stockpile before the pandemic and closed its domestic health equipment manufacturing - so they're last in line among the wealthy nations in obtaining PPE.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I never said anything about letting the virus go and that being the best way. I was arguing the curve distribution. But thanks for your concern. I feel that I’m a damn good “provider”.

Don’t be that person. Most healthcare professionals are underpaid and certainly won’t be getting higher pay. Cuts happen all the time.

When no one knows exactly what’s going on you have to take what you do know and use. Some of it with a grain of sand, some with more weight. Doing this right will save lives. For example, diagnosing a false negative swab test through other signs and symptoms and retesting, stopping that pt going to a non covid floor and potentially infecting a lot of sick people and staff.

It’s my opinion that the virus was here in early January from the stuff I clearly have read more on as you didn’t know the initial known pt death here. It’s not responsible to put doubt on someone who knows more than you bc you want to be righteous.

Either way, there is plenty of evidence of it being around way earlier than thought. France has their “first” cluster in late jan. But they had a case of a reviewed flu symptoms samples from the icu that was positive for covid Dec. 27. And that person had not visited China. And they were obviously sick before being in the icu. The boarder was open to Europe long long after that. There are plenty of other articles stating that same things I have.

@deadhead interesting

Genetic Study Shows COVID-19 Was in France Weeks Before The First Case Was Reported

That would put it in France in late December, which is before it hit Washington State, which was late February.
However, it's unlikely it reached NYC until January, and the rest of the country, probably February.
We'll know more in a month or two as more samples are analyzed.

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
CDC says :

mortality rate is 0.4%

Asymptomatic rate is 35%

Bergstrom, an expert in modeling and computer simulations, said the numbers seemed inconsistent with real-world findings.
"Estimates of the numbers infected in places like NYC are way out of line with these estimates. Let us remember that the number of deaths in NYC right now are far more than we would expect if every adult and child in the city had been infected with a flu-like virus. This is not the flu. It is COVID," Bergstrom said.

"As I see it, the 'best estimate' is extremely optimistic, and the 'worst case' scenario is fairly optimistic even as a best estimate. One certainly wants to consider worse scenarios," Bergstrom said of CDC's numbers.

CDC says 35% of coronavirus infections are asymptomatic - CNN

So far, NYC is the best numbers we have b/c the rate of infection is high enough that false positives are less of an issue.
Hopefully, in the next few months there will be studies of other high infection areas, Philadelphia, DC, Chicago, for example.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It would have been better if those far-right lunatics had just decided that sniffing glue cures Covid-19.

At least glue is cheap, and not needed by people who suffer from lupus.

Reactions: Rebels57
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad